NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can I borrow someones prop puller?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I borrow someones prop puller?
    Posted: April-06-2007 at 1:45am
Like the title says, I am in need of a prop puller and am too cheap to buy one. I live in Wilmington, Massachusetts. Hopefully someone in the area can lend me theirs. I will leave you with money as collateral. Thanks
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 8:47am
Eric, I just so happened to throw my prop kit in my trunk today. Whats your schedule look like this afternoon?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 10:20am
Pretty standard friday for me....no schedule at all. Just casually woke up. Plan on working on the boat a little bit. Let me know when is good for you
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 10:32am
Im picking up a prop in NH this afternoon- Ill probably be in the area between 3 and 5. If that works for you, Ill give you a call before I swing by. I think Ive still got your # and address.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 10:36am
alright cool. I will PM it to you from the2001.com i dont really wanna post it on here.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 10:49am
Don't post it here we're all waiting to call a nineteen year old kid. Not
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 10:55am
some people like young meat...ya that was over the line
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 11:08am
Lot's of sausage's here butt none in the bun!
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 11:22am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Im picking up a prop in NH this afternoon- Ill probably be in the area between 3 and 5. If that works for you, Ill give you a call before I swing by. I think Ive still got your # and address.

Tim,

Let us know how your prop came out. You should be pleased with the finished product. I can't wait to get mine back on and give it a rip.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 11:26am
Ken

did they smooth out all of the machine marks on that ACME prop when they worked on it? or is it still a little rough like from the factory?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 11:27am
Tim,

A cool test this spring would be to line me (540), Keith (542) and Brad stock Federal up on Lost Lake. We'll do a 0-45 run. Brad's got that crazy strong 351 turning some high RPM's, so I think he'd win WOT.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 11:30am
Chris,

It's partially smoothed out. Seems like it's an accurate blending process.

For what it's worth, not sure if you can see the fine detail.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 11:37am
Ill be sure to report back with pics. Im also hoping to have Accutech baseline 3 other props while Im there.

It would be interesting to see those 3 props (540, 542, Federal) tested on the same boat. Brad does have a freakish motor- I think it turns up to 4700 RPM. It would get up to speed quicker with an Acme though
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 11:43am
I saw that picture before and it does look a lot smoother than it came from the factory.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 11:47am
can my 454 take part in that little race????

is the 454 really any faster out of the hole or does it just have more strength?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 12:26pm
Ive driven an '80 with a 454 and I wasnt that impressed with the holeshot. The extra weight certainly doesnt help. It should probably have a little advantage on the top end though.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 12:35pm
Tim,

Who's boat was that at the NE Reunion with what appears to be the stainless water hoses, Looks like it might be a gray 2001? That motor looks awesome!!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 12:57pm
Chris, youre talking about this boat. He wasnt a member here- he just showed up for the land portion of the event. He was spouting all sorts of crazy numbers (400+hp, 60+MPH @ 6000RPM), but I dont think he had the hardware to back up his claims. He never showed up on the water, so I never got the chance to line up with him. I believe he sold the boat through this site last fall.

I agree though, in addition to being clean, the SS hose looks particularly good on his motor. I looked into buying some, but the interlocked SS duct hose that he appears to have supposedly isnt airtight. Perhaps he was running it over his regular water hose. I found some nice SS braided hose, but its upwards of $50/ft.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I looked into buying some, but the interlocked SS duct hose that he appears to have supposedly isnt airtight. Perhaps he was running it over his regular water hose.

In browsing for accessories for my truck,I saw that same stuff for sale and advertised as radiator hose.I'll try to retrace my steps and see if I can relocate it as it was only a few days ago.That boat was the first ski boat I've seen with a stainless prop installed.Nice boat for sure.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 9:36pm
It's called "FlexiKool" radiator hose.They have it at Jeg's.I have seen it cheaper on some other mail order sites.You can cut it to length.Looks like the same stuff he had on his boat.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic