Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deep Creekers?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DeepCreekNauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deep Creekers?
    Posted: April-10-2007 at 3:39pm
JHadji,

Since we are apologizing, I would like to take this time to apologize for all the 3am barefoot lessons we used have in front of your dock. The police never ran down the lake that far at night and, of course, there were chicks needing to be shown off to.

We figured that there was not enough time to sleep since the bars let out at 2am and the best skiing was at 6am. Might as well see a tekillya sunrise as we called them.

I heard they plan on dropping the lake level 25 feet this fall. Not sure how much of this is lake lore or factual. Have you heard anything about this?

JHadji View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHadji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2007 at 10:31pm
Last dock before the dam for 25 years. The blue 88 2001 Nautique. My dad used to be in charge of generation for the utility (hydro plant). The state of MD just took it away from us two years ago. :(

Sorry if we sparyed a few docks at sunrise too!
1988SkiNautique2001
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2007 at 9:15am
DCN,
That's a sad story. I like Flying Scots (all good old Deep Creekers should) as well as (even though this is a CC site) the Supra Beasts. I've always liked those. I'm guessing it fared better than the sailboat?

Ray Deely almost sounds familiar - I'll ask my Dad (Connie Zimmermann). He lives around the area up there just out from the McDonalds on 219 (across from Wayne's Water and Wells).

I've probably buzzed by your place a million times in the past 44 years! I've got a little Cobalt that looks like a Donzi.

Not sure if you noticed my post with a You Tube video link of my boat. You might have seen it the boat before. There are actually two.

They're shot from the Deep Creek Creamery Dock.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6131&PN=1

My only fear is that you'll recognize the boat and say "Oh, that's 'that guy' - the maniac in the little Donziesque Cobalt!" I've actually settled down quite a bit over the years. I used to have one throttle setting (wide open).

That was a long time ago!

I've had the Cobalt since 1985, but it, at one time belonged to Bill Sisler's (of Bill's Marine) son, Eric who owns Deep Creek docks.

The little Cobalt used to (way back in the 70's) sit at the old gas and rental dock location right by the bridge.
Inboards Rule!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2007 at 8:52am
I think if this is the same one, the boat was heading north close to the shore line in front of the willo the wisp (after leaving the Honi of course) and used Bills rental docks as a makeshift Evil Knievl ramp. He landed in one of those 70K Colbalts. Ouch!

A buddy of mine 3 summers ago was puttin along in front of Johnny's Baithouse in a 28 foot floatboat. It was about 11pm and he had 6 people on boat. A lady who was renting a house from a friend wanted to "TRY" driving thier boat at night ran right over them. She ran right through the deck splitting the pontoons. Really scary stuff but thankfully no one was hurt.

We USED to have a Flying Scott moored off our dock. It was real nice, one of the first 1000 made. Well a Flying Scott and a bunch of drunks leaving the Harbor bar in a Supra Beast running wide open is a poor combo. We lost the boat and never caught the guys who hit it.

Those names are familar. I will ask my Dad as well. My Grandfather is Ray Deely.

Besure to stop by this summer. I keep plenty of 'refreshments' dockside.

64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2007 at 8:07am
Deep Creek Nauti,

Notre Dame Flag? Ski Nautique at dock? 10 docks down ffrom Glendale? That almost draws up an image in my pea brain. I think I know right where you are!
You're right about the weekends and the rental boats! I didn't see any of it, but someone told me somebody left the Honi last summer and decided to fly their boat over a dock and land on a boat or something last summer. The guy that told me that lives right in your neighborhood (Back in the little cove on the right just a little ways past your dock). Know anyone by the last name of Kozier or Luick? The former is a guy I work with and the latter is an old friend of my Dad that both live a stone's throw from you there. I mean a good hard stone's throw now(for me, probably about 2 or 3 stone's throws!)!

Yeah, the cost of things at the lake has gotten crazy. It's to where being a Doctor isn't enough income to afford a place there; you gotta own a football team or or a TV network or some occupation like that.

My Grandfather bought 4 acres with 240' of lakefront and a neat little house in 1945 for $2,500! Now a 1/2 acre lot can run you a million!

Part of the reason I "chose" to be a trailer boat guy myself!   
Inboards Rule!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2007 at 10:42pm
Turkey Neck is prob one of the nicest areas on DCL. I wanted to get a place in that area but I forgot to make a few million last year so that plan is on hold.

Our place has been in the family since my grandfather built it. We're about (heading south) 10 docks down on the right after the Glendale. Feel free to stop by if you see the covers off and the Notre Dame flags flying!

We tend to be dock bound on weekends with all the crazy traffic on the water these days. It amazes me who they will rent a boat to. At our place all SN are welcome.   
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2007 at 10:22pm
I'm really not anymore. We owned (my grandfather, then my Dad) a nice place on Turkey Neck from 1945 to about 1995 I guess.

Since Dad sold it, I just trailer up from nearby Cumberland/Frostburg area (where I have pretty much lived all my life).

The place was about 4 or 5 places to the left of the Yacht Club on Turkey Neck (the bigger one).

Nautiques Only Parking sounds pretty good, but might be a tad "too" exclusive.

"Inboards Only" would work! That would still leave room for about everyone on this site!

There used to be some big ole' rocks up around those docks. It sort of seems like they're not there anymore.

Inboards Rule!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2007 at 8:40pm
64X55,

Only if the Honi would offer Nautiques only parking. What part of the lake are you on?

I think High Moutains Sports sponsors or would know more info about the ski event.

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2007 at 1:49pm
64X55,
My uncle has had a house on Deep Creek for years and I've been there many times - great lake. Might try to make a trip down with the family this summer as I havn't been there is several years.

I'd check with the Bill's Marine (Nautique dealer). They are sure to know. From what my uncle tells me, they're big fans of this site as well.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2007 at 1:10pm
Glad to see you didn't include tubing!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2007 at 12:20pm
Any of you Correct Craft skier folks also Deep Creekers?

By that I mean Deep Creek Lake (Maryland).
I'd have to assume there are some since there are a bunch of Nautiques (etc.) up there.

Anybody know if they still have an annual slalom/barefoot event as they used to?

If they do, it's not well publicized. I think someone told me they had an annual wakeboard event.

Kid stuff!

Just kidding; I like wakeboards too!
Inboards Rule!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic