NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

R U thinking of a new tundra

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 10:49am
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

Parts and labor both cost more on the camry.

Same thing with this comment. I would have agreed with you ten years ago. Not anymore.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 11:09am
Why is it that everyone is so conscientious on where their car is manufactured but no one seems to care about where anything else is manufactured? Where I live, North Canton, Ohio, home of Hoover appliances. Hoover was bought by Maytag a few years ago. most of the jobs were moved to Mexico as they ran the company into the ground producing crap. It was recently bought by a company out of Korea who announced that it will be closing the North Canton facility.
No one seems to care where their Appliances, TV's, computers, etc. are manufactured. Why not boycott the manufactures of Appliances,TV's and computers that are not American?

At least the Honda and Toyota are creating Jobs in America.
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 2:28pm
I have to mention that a 1984 Toyota truck will rust away to nothing if you look at it wrong. My Tacoma on the other hand got driven through salt water (I move to the beach for 3.5 months in the summer) and not washed more often than not and I sold it with not one spot of rust. Truck was almost 10 years old at that point.

To the end of buying a $10K Ford vs a $13K Toyota, why spend $3k more all other things being equal? I might not...This fusion is a new beast, it could be comparable to a Camry...who knows. But if you're asking why I'd buy a 1996 Camry over a 1996 Taurus, I don't really think you can argue that Ford was putting out a top notch car at that point.
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by ryanandrews ryanandrews wrote:

maybe you shoulda bought a jap boat..

2 things: I'm not PC at all, and I could care less, but I think "jap" is offensive. I lived with a Japanese kid my freshman year of college and he was a pretty cool guy...just one of the things I gathered was that "jap" isn't really a good word for them anymore.

2nd: Apples to oranges with the boats to cars thing...no one's arguing that Correct Craft isn't a good boat. No one's saying that the marinized SBC and Fords in our boats aren't good enough either. Talking about cars and trucks. Apples to oranges. That having been said, I know the outboard market is pretty well contested by Japanese makers.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 4:42pm
Eric to answer your question no, all fusions are not all wheel drive. I going to try to give you a call tomarrow morning around 11am.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 9:13pm
neck-i disagree. thats all i will say due to my graphic pov ....

redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2007 at 2:07am
Agree to disagree...I can live with that...it ain't like it's a big deal, just a difference on opinions in cars and in reality, our $.02 really ain't gonna change the world.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2007 at 9:43am
Well said Randy, everyones bitching about their buying american cars, but noone really seems to say much about other things they buy, is your microwave american? how about your washer/dryer? Water Faucets in your house? Power tools?... exactly, lets it rest, the imports are competing with our big 3 and doing pretty decent to say the least, to me it kinda sounds like the same argument over & over... 5 pages & every other or 3rd post reads the same baseline.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2007 at 8:35am
Lets refresh this topic since the Americans can no longer can claim the largest corporation in the world...next to the government.. GM was so large at one time the government was going to step in to break them up because they were so large fearing control
and yes it is an argument worth repeating, let them build all the microwaves and power tools they can. this country was built on the automotive industry and has been fueled by it and it is stalling and i dont think anyone realizes the long term effects. this country is building great cars again and its time to re-evaluate the situation. If i can convince one person to change thier mind i would be satisfied
"the things you own will start to own you"
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2007 at 1:14pm
Traded in our 2000 Montero Sport for a 2007 Chevy Tahoe !!

Go Warriors and Sharks !!
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2007 at 2:02pm
I have all the respect in the world for you, what made you do it?
"the things you own will start to own you"
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2007 at 3:10pm
Made in the USA ( I think ), and the new body style and 320 HP with 4x4 and tow package. Needed something to tow the 95 Nautique reliably.
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2007 at 5:20pm
great job todicus, see guys it's not that horrifing to buy a GM or a Ford. IF you don't find something you like there atleast buy a dodge.

I hope it serves you well todicus.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic