Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bryan89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member
    Posted: March-23-2007 at 9:59pm
This is my first post but I have spent a lot of time this past year reviewing this site as I researched what boat was right for me. After a nation wide search I purchased my first Correct Craft last weekend. I have enjoyed this site and look forward to using it often.
My first question is about polishing my boat. I don't think my boat requires any wet sanding just a good wash and wax. Any suggestions on what I should use. Thanks for a great site.      
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2007 at 11:12pm
what yaer model did you pick up? i wash my boat with hydrogen peroxide/lysol t.b. cleaner(blu) when dirty from lake. a general wash gets whatever i use on my car..wax i use 3m marine wax/polish(bought it at wal mart)..works great.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2007 at 8:46am
I like to use Collonite Fleet wax. It's a paste wax, so it takes a little work going on but it will really hold a shine.

Like Ryan said, we'd like to see more about your boat.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2007 at 9:04am
Hi Bryan
I just bought an 85BFN that needed a little more than just a wax. I've got a guy that details boats and cars who works with me, and he typically uses 3M rubbing compound. For my boat he used a product that he got from our local NAPA. It's called Ultra Cutting Creme made by Presta, Part # 131932. It's made for gel coats and It worked great. For the wax, he uses Nu Finish. Yea, it's the stuff from the old, cheezy commercials in the junk yard. The stuff works great.
Hope this helps and welcome to a great site.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2007 at 10:39am
Use something with a UV blocker in it. I was told gelcoat will fade quickly and a UV blocker is a must.

Dan (2fat2ski) from Vandevere recommended a product called Meguires Flagship Marine Wax. He said it is the best he has used. I picked some up and it goes on real nice. we will see how it holds up this summer.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2007 at 11:26am
Welcome Bryan. Let's see some pics of your boat. I usually use some type of carnuba paste wax. I don't have any brand preference. BKH
Livin' the Dream

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2007 at 2:02pm
Bryan89
Welcome aboard,lots of info and friends to be made here.Congrats on your plunge into the world of C/C boats.
Send out some pics so we see whatcha'got............boat dr
Bryan89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2007 at 3:10pm

I purchased a 1989 ski nautique with 183 original hours. The interior is in near mint condition and the hull just needs a little TLC. Overall the boat looks and runs real well. I purchased it site unseen and drove 10 hours one way to get it. My wife thinks I am crazy. I am having trouble loading pics but I will try again. Thanks for all the tips.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2007 at 4:08pm
Welcome Bryn and cograts on the boat. Try reading the thread below in our off topic section. It may help with posting your pictures.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5142&PN=1

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2007 at 12:38am
Bryan89,
Welcome to the site!Tell your wife I drove over 45 hours round trip to get my first Correct Craft; she'll know you could be more crazy than you are.
Work to live, not live to work.

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2007 at 7:54pm
Tell her there is a crazy guy on the site that drove two trips for a total of 36 hours and didn't buy either boat. Oh yeah I lost my truck keys in the bottom of the river we were testing the boat in. Had to rent a car to get home to get the spare set and drive back to get the truck the next day. That's crazy.
Bryan89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2007 at 9:03pm
87BFN You take the cake, At least my two trips resulted in a boat. I am sure you can laugh at it now. The things we will do for our toys, I keep telling my wife I am doing this for the family.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic