Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where can I find pipe for trailer guides?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where can I find pipe for trailer guides?
    Posted: March-12-2007 at 12:02pm
I have been everywhere looking for the pipe that covers the steel posts and the foam pads slide over.
The pipe is thin walled pipe and the only markings on it say 60psi the rest has been worn off. It is 1 3/4" ID. This was the original pipe that was on the trailer.
I have tried everywhere to find this pipe and can't find it. No one seems to know where I can find it either.
This stuff has to exist somewhere...
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 12:17pm
I think maybe well pipe might work. That's what it looks like on mine. Home Depot might have it.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 12:28pm
Randy, It's scd. 40 1 1/4" pipe with a O.D. of 1.66". It's available in black or galv. at any hardware or home improvement. Bending it might be a problem but you may what to make some calls to some of the electrical contractors in your area and ask if they can bend 1 1/4" heavy wall.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 12:39pm
No, it isn't 1 1/4" pipe. I had a piece of scd. 40 1 1/2" black pipe laying around it will not fit over the steel posts needs about 1/16" more diameter.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 12:42pm
well Pipe? is that plastic?
this is kind of like the white thin walled drain pipe you would use for downspouts sold usually in 3" and 6" (I think) but smaller...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 12:43pm
Randy, Sorry I misread your first post as 1 3/4 O.D. and not I.D. What is the wall thickness?
I thought you were talking about the actual pipe.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 12:46pm
Is it some thing like this?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 12:52pm
Try looking for industrial hose. Someone like Parker Hannifin might make something that would fit. Mine had the black hose over it.
Greg

86 BFN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 12:52pm
wall thickness looks like a hair more than 1/16"

Looks a little like that, i am missing the caps and one side of the pipe. there are foam pads that fit over the plastic pipe.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 1:04pm
Randy, The white plastic polyethylene tubing in my picture came from McMaster Carr supply and is their # 5181K14. The caps are their # 40005K51. The tubing does have a 1/8" wall thickness so the O.D. is 2"

http://www.mcmaster.com/

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 2:30pm
Mine is black and looks like well pipe, that's why I suggested that. I guess there's more than one way to skin a guide post.
1978 Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 3:12pm
Mark, The tubing is available in black too! I just thought that the white would look better on a white trailer.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 3:21pm
Randy, care to take a pic of your current guide posts? Im fairly certain that our '03 and '92 Ramlin/CC trailers just have PVC pipes with endcaps sitting on top of the metal guide posts.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 3:27pm
yeah i think you just need some pvc drain pipe should be available at most plumbers supply or lowes.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 3:28pm
I haven't even thought of making my trailer look good. The boat was always on a lift in season so it's in great shape, not quite 'mint'. I think that the only thing the trailer was used for was to store the boat on in the winter. I think it even has the original tires on it, they're marked G78-14, the very old tire size designation.

I just want to make sure that nothing falls off of it. ;)
1978 Nautique

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 3:32pm
randy got to home depot..all of you need is some pvc pipe with and end cap..the pvc slides over the steel pipe..it wont be very tight or very loose, but loose....vandevere has some pretty nice covers for 35.00
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 4:46pm
Thanks for all the responses.

I got to thinking. There's this place about a mile from me called Vacuflo. The do central vacuum systems. I was headed that way so i stopped in. Found It! it's about 1/16" larger in diameter than what I had but it works. all together with two caps $7.00

Ryan, Nothing Home Depot had would work on mine . either too small or too big. I had all ready picked up the covers a while back from White Lake marine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic