Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thermostat gasket ?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thermostat gasket ?
    Posted: March-11-2007 at 2:52pm
What car do I say I have to buy a thermostat gasket for a 82 2001 pmc 351. They always want the car to look it up & I don't wanna have to order it online. Do any of you just use permatex RTV black without a gasket ? That's what I did last year , but after I winterized I think I didn't let it dry long enough when running antifreeze into everthing. I got a pin hole leak now when I took her out. Thanks ,Dan
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 3:39pm
Dans, What kind of parts store are you going to? If they what to know what kind of car it goes into I think you need to show them a big picture of a car and a boat to show the idiot the difference!! No, really, a good auto supply will have the book or computer file to look up marine engines.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 6:46pm
I have been able to get engine parts at auto parts store asking for a 1987 Ford F250 with the 351w engine. Many of the marine parts have to be marine or are reverse rotation, so be careful.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 7:22am
I've had good luck with NAPA being able to provide marine parts for my PCM. I prefer to buy them from DIM, but in a pinch, NAPA is good.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic