NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shower Cold Water Source Connection

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shower Cold Water Source Connection
    Posted: March-09-2007 at 8:42pm
I am just about finished with the installation of the HeaterCraft shower on my Nautique. The instructions state the the cold water connection "T" should be in the hose between the water pump and the engine / thermostat. I am considering connecting it ahead of the water pump so I can run the shower using only cold water without the engine running. Does anyone see any issues with this?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 8:47pm
Well I don't have any issue but you might, guess just off the top of my head it seems if you put it before the pump then it would require the heater to have it's own pump to circulate the water which if it does then your good to go, but then if it doesn't have it's own pump then it would be relying on the motors pump to pressurize the system and make the water flow. Never installed one or worked on one just a couple of thoughts on how it might work.
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 8:50pm
The shower has its own pump, about 3 GPM.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 9:06pm
Well you might be ok then, I guess the only thing that could screw it up is the size of the pick-up hose being too large so that the heaters pump couldn't prime it's self and draw water from it. Give it a shot worse comes to worse your out a new section of hose if it doesn't.
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 9:31pm
Mark P,
You'll be fine. That is exactly the way I plumbed mine and it has always performed great. Your pump should be self-priming.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 10:07pm
It's good to know that you have done this without any issues. I was concerned about potential problems such as too much pressure from the intake on the shower pump or cold water supply hose connections while running down the lake at high speeds when barefooting. (Yes, the pump is self priming.)

Thanks,
Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic