Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skiing Vacation Ideas - IL, WI, MI

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skiing Vacation Ideas - IL, WI, MI
    Posted: March-03-2007 at 3:58pm
Do any of you have any recommendations for good ski vacation places in either WI, IL, or MI for the summer?

What I have in mind is a cabin or condo rental on the water, ideally with a private or semi private dock. A beach somewhere on the lake for the kids to play. Other family entertainment options in the area, etc.

Looking for some good skiing in the early AM. Ski course not required, but would be nice if available. Tubing and wakeboarding and general messing around later in the day.

I would be interested to see were others have gone and what you thought of the lake / area.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 4:05pm
Minocqua chain, WI. There is a permanent course on one of the lakes. Boating all day to your heart's content, plus cute bars and restaurants all over. Rent a house on any of the lakes on that chain and you WILL NOT be disappointed. We go every year. Contact the Minocqua chamber of commerce for rental properties in the area. Try to get Lake Minocqua or Kawaga since they are the most central of the lakes. Lake Tomahawk is a 1/2 hour boat ride down a thoroughfare from Lake Minocqua. Check out the Min-aqua-bats ski show on wed, fri, and Sunday nights. Can't go wrong.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 7:15pm
M3 - thanks for the suggestion. I checked out several resort web sites from that area and it seems nice.

ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 9:54pm
Might even want to plan the trip around the Green Lake Reunion ???
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 8:42am
This may not be much use as I didn't see the lakes Joel mentioned on the site but this is what w've been using for the last few months while looking for our retirement destination. Lakehouse,com. Might be worth a shot. If you wanted to go to Tenn or Kentuckey there's hundreds of places for rent.. Good luck
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 12:05pm
Northern Michigan has some of the most beautiful Lakes I have ever been to. Check out Glen Lake in Glen Arbor or Torch Lake North of Traverse City. Both have everything you are looking for plus Crystal Clear sand bottom water. Both lakes are regarded as some of the most beautiful in the world.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 1:00pm
Only problem with MI is that is where the inlaws live and it might require a stop by, or worse, an invite to come along!

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check 'em out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic