Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

barfoot nautiqe decals

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 2:14pm
so back to the barefoot ;) There are no '86 or '87 brochures in the reference section (just an '86 silver anniversary SN brochure and an '87 marketing report). Also, there is only 1 '86 barefoot in the diaries, but it has SN graphics The '85 barefoot had the small "Barefoot" graphic with 2 feet and then a large "Nautique". There are 3 '87s in the diaries and they have three different sets of graphics! I think from the factory they had two little feet then solid lettering "Barefoot Nautique". The '88 has no feet and the lettering that fades like the SNs.

And Hollywood, good news, that graphic is still legal in AZ!
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 2:49pm
The Barefoot Nautique had its own advertisement in 1986. Can you find it in the background? Not sure why they weren't including in the '86 or '87 brochures.

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 3:43pm
Dank, that's ridiculous. I did my duty and voted, here are the results.

Do you think splash guards with "images that are obscene or hateful" should be illegal?

Choice    Votes    Percentage of 17515 Votes
Yes       6319      36%
No        11196     64%

I should have a few pics of '86 BFNs on my home computer, I'll post them later this weekend if I do.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Dank Dank wrote:

I think from the factory they had two little feet then solid lettering "Barefoot Nautique".

Seems consistent with 87BFN's boat (which still isnt in the diaries yet!). Im guessing these would be the same for 85-87?

I believe the '89 (and '90?) graphics have the feet in place of the OO in Barefoot.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 6:07pm
the decals on my BFN are original, the feet replaced the O's in 89 I believe. I checked because I like the feet instead of the O's but wont change the decals from original.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 6:13pm
It's the neat little things that Correct Craft did/does that I enjoy. I love the feet in the graphics.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 9:38pm
TRB thank you for reminding everyone my boat is not in the diaries section yet. I will try to solve that problem tonight when I get home.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 11:55pm
submitted my diary post just now, have to see if it comes out ok. I will update the pics for it, this spring.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 12:33am
It looks like '86 is the same as '87 minus the two little feet at the beginning of Barefoot. From the few pics I have, '85 is completely different.

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 7:11am
Just arrived on the scene of this post. This is what I have to add:

A) The 89-90 graphics are amazing.

B) Ken, nice 6 series ad on the wall, good taste.

C) I notice a lot of details but never realized the italics slant rearwards on both sides of the 89-90. Just looked at mine, and sure enough one side goes forward, the other back, which is less cool.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 8:56am
MMM Vanna White, old enough to be my mother and still smokin'! Where'd u get that poster Ken? haha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 10:06am
Joel sounds like one of yours was replaced at one time or they had a really bad day at the factory when yours was built.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 10:21am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Joel sounds like one of yours was replaced at one time or they had a really bad day at the factory when yours was built.

I dont think the 97-99 graphics slant towards the stern on both sides. I believe they use the same exact decal both port and starboard.

The 91-93 graphics are the same way, and I assume all years in between.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 10:31am
wasn't paying much attention to the year thought it was the same year of the graphics we where talking about Tim.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 10:52am
I figured so much. Joel's got a classy looking '00 with the '99 graphics. He used to have a pretty sweet '90 though.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 11:03am
I remember Joel's boat it's exactly like Rob's they where both at GL last year. Hell that looks like HW in the opservers(sp) seat.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 11:31am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

I remember Joel's boat it's exactly like Rob's they where both at GL last year. Hell that looks like HW in the opservers(sp) seat.

Good eye, that is HW.
barefoot86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barefoot86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 4:55pm
thanks for the replies. I think mine must have had later year graphics because it did have feet. Buxton Marine called correct craft for me and had no luck. I guess I will just have fastsigns wing it.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 5:01pm
If youre at all picky, then I wouldnt have anyone "wing it." 87BFN offered to trace his decals- Id take him up on it if I were you.

Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

barefoot 86, The decals on BFN are the same and in pretty good shape, but it's down at Eric's. Would have to wait until I got it back to trace them for you.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 5:49pm
get the middle man out of the picture (marina) and call South-east, Mid-west and/or all the other regional dealers and ask them if they have any like your looking for. Calling the CC factory isn't going to get you anywhere.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Just looked at mine, and sure enough one side goes forward, the other back, which is less cool.

I'm pretty sure thats how they are on my 97.

Rob
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 3:09pm

Booya Timmy, I think I was right all along. Now on to the '89s.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Booya Timmy, I think I was right all along. Now on to the '89s.

That pattern looks the same as mine- Ill get a close up of it this weekend. The shadow does look thicker though.

Im pretty sure the 89-90 are the same.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 6:42pm
Case closed. Shadow is different 88 vs 89/90, letter pattern looks the same. 89 on top of 90 which look identical. The shadowing (white) on the '88 is a separate sticker, looks to be all 1 piece with the 89/90 (grey).

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 8:06pm
looks kinda funky with the check pattern, diffenetly a 10ft graphic.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

That pic looks familar... you borrowing pictures from Joel?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 8:22pm
tim did you get my e-mail today old boy e-mailed me on that rwp
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 1:28pm
90 pattern again:

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic