Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Barefooting Videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
Author
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 2:58pm
Hey Ken, Who pulled your anal boat owner thread ?
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 2:59pm
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

[Is it just the SN 2001's that kick that amount of spray or do they all do that?

The spray has been reduced on each hull since the 2001. I havent put the boom on the '90 yet, but I dont remember the '92 being that bad.

In the video I'm about to post tonight, you'll see exactly how the 90 spray is. It's not bad at all, breaking behind the skier. Never, ever had a problem with spray on that hull. The worst thing you'll see in my vids is my footing.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 3:11pm
Nobody pulled my anal thread, just thought for a second that I need to re-word. Anal will get me in trouble with these guys. I will re-post with different wording.

Ken
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 3:24pm
"hehe hehe hehe, beavis, he said anal. hehe"

"yeah yeah yeah anal anal anal. i am cornholio!"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

[Is it just the SN 2001's that kick that amount of spray or do they all do that?

The spray has been reduced on each hull since the 2001. I havent put the boom on the '90 yet, but I dont remember the '92 being that bad.

In the video I'm about to post tonight, you'll see exactly how the 90 spray is. It's not bad at all, breaking behind the skier. Never, ever had a problem with spray on that hull. The worst thing you'll see in my vids is my footing.

M3Fan - I don't think you'll look any worse than me. So the key here is a 90's and up hull to reduce spray. I'll have to tell my wife it's time to upgrade.

Ken
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 3:44pm
Yeah, i believe the 90's and up have the pocket in the chines, ie; "Spray Relief Chines"

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 3:51pm
Nate,

Tim (TRBenj) has a 90. I believe I saw two really GOOD size pockets underneath. I think the 2001 model only has them towards the stern.

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 8:19pm
From the 1990 Correct Craft brochure:

"The reduced spray at short line lengths, thanks to the SRP's (Spray Relief Pockets), is sure to be another popular modification."

On another note, anyone from the northeast know Steve Bemister?
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 8:27pm
Here is the vid. Are you guys ready for this? This footage was shot in 2003 & 2004 with the 90 SN and the 99 Bu Sporty. Note there is footage of the wife in there, and the rest is of me. This is pre-helmet, pre-eardrum-blowouts, pre-slalom-course-addiction. All we did was foot constantly these years. What fun it is looking back at the vids. I hope you guys enjoy this- it took some time to get all the vids together.

EARLY FOOTING
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I hope you guys enjoy this- it took some time to get all the vids together.

I did, yall made it look easy to do. Makes me wana try it.   Oh and the music was that Joe or Eric?
RootRacing
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2007 at 9:09pm
Satch baby, Satch. I didn't mean to post my vid as the last post on the 5th page of this thread, so if you missed it, go back to the last page of this thread.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2007 at 7:52am
Very cool Joel. Didn't know your wife was a footer too, That is so cool you two both enjoy the water so much together.

I also enjoying looking at the Shellbyville pics again. Thanks
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2007 at 8:03am
Great video. Can't wait for the weather to clear so we can make some new footin video. Only a couple more months.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:42pm

Larry,

I know you have more videos. Don't hold back, let's see them, fountain of youth.

Ken

Not too many left that folks haven't seen. But here is one more. My buddy TJ and I taught ourselves to foot in 1972. After a couple summers we graduated HS and went our different ways. Almost 20 years later we got together one afternoon and did a little footin' together again. These are from that day. Pretty good times.

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:49pm
nice video 75!! and i love that song!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:53pm
Larry: Thanks! Loved the "grave jump". Never see that trick anymore.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 11:19pm
Finally had time to look at all of you videos. That's great stuff guys. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 1:21pm
"gravejump" ...never heard that term. If that's where you jumped out of the double skis then the Grave Jump was very very cool. I spent an afternoon tryin that move years ago. After many failed attempts I finally nailed one. Since then I never tried it again. I know why you dont see it much. You gotta really sack up, its all or nothing once you jump, the falls are worse than the normal nasty barefoot falls! Thanks for posting those! Im gonna go watch it again.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 1:47pm
Nice video, Larry. Loved the scene where you jumped out of the skies. Pretty amazing stuff!!! Where is this video taken?

Ken
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 3:15pm
Great thread Ken- excellent videos fellas!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 3:18pm
You'll be on this thread soon, Brad!

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Darrel Darrel wrote:

"gravejump" ...never heard that term. If that's where you jumped out of the double skis then the Grave Jump was very very cool. I spent an afternoon tryin that move years ago. After many failed attempts I finally nailed one. Since then I never tried it again. I know why you dont see it much. You gotta really sack up, its all or nothing once you jump, the falls are worse than the normal nasty barefoot falls! Thanks for posting those! Im gonna go watch it again.

It all depends on how much of a purist you are. I had friends who said it was cheating to use your butt on the landing. They would try to land straight up and down, always looked to me like dropping a telephone pole into the water. They never made it. Don't try to be a hero...just survive.

Ken, Video was taken on Kayuta Lake in upstate NY.

Hey Ken, did you notice that my buddy is using the "official" CCFan drop ski. I told you that thing has been around a while.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

...Hey Ken, did you notice that my buddy is using the "official" CCFan drop ski. I told you that thing has been around a while.

AHH- Old Splintery- looking forward to getting a few more runs on that ski this spring
Ken- don't go painting it pink or anything!
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 6:34pm
Nobody has ever called me a purist, usually its A-hole and or shiathead. Your friends are crazy, if you're not cheating you're not trying.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 11:33pm
Larry: No "butting out" allowed on grave jumps. Ski to feet...do 'em smooth and you throw almost no spray. I always jumped off one ski, kinda was "my" trick. The trick was not to jump high, just kinda "hop" off the ski. Don't do them anymore. Nice, safe step-offs is my bag.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 8:14am
Hey John, don't us over 50s get some kind of break or handicap?

Jumping out of one ski...never did that...might have to give it a try. Although I have to admit, at this age you think about these things, but then you get out on the water and suddenly they don't seem as likely to happen as they used to. Front tumbleup starts, tumbleturns, those things come alot harder than 20 years ago for some reason. Been a while since I've done some of those things. Might be the year to get the cobwebs out. The water seems a lot harder than it used to. Even regular deep water starts seem to beat me up pretty good. Not sure I could even do a tumbleup any more...been a couple years.

One thing I did once or twice is ski along, drop down in a tumbleturn type move with the ski on, kick the ski off while down and come up footin. Kind of learned that one by mistake after seeing a magazine article about Scarpa doing a tumbleturn with a ski on, but coming uop skiing. Never did accomplish that one.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 9:10am
Yes, Larry, I noticed the official CCF ski being used. This ski will start a new chapter in its life. Look for videos this summer of Brad making his first shortline drop with it.

BTW, I'll post pictures of the drop ski when it's reconditioned.

Ken
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I have to admit, at this age you think about these things, but then you get out on the water and suddenly they don't seem as likely to happen as they used to.

Larry, I feel your pain. I have everything I want to do set in my head but then get on the water and it's just a different story. Biggest problem for me these days is balance and flexibility are not even close to what they once were.

I started a work out program at a Velocity Sports Performance center in December. They work on core building(legs, abs, back) which is a major factor in balance and control. It's a rigorous hour 5 times a week but absolutely worth it.

I'm the oldest guy in the cla$$, most are in their 20-30's and after 9 weeks I'm keeping up with most of them(although I've been on the verge of pa$$ing out once or twice). Feeling pretty good so I can't wait to get out on the water, might even have to dig my old speedo...NOT

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 1:20pm
Larry- great videos, thanks for sharing. I didnt know you hung out with '79 though:

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
  Share Topic