NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Barefooting Videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 11:15am
Wow, cool story, Larry. We'll have to foot by some females this summer and see what happens.

Ken
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 11:18am
75;As Paul Harvey would say"Now the rest of the story",and that is ?????
       boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 11:18am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Nice footage Ken,have you gained some weight recently?
Mike

That was the summer of 1992, Mike. I was 19 and weighed a wopping 128 pounds. I was on a macrobiotic diet. I ate a lot of nuts.

Ken
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

... I ate a lot of nuts. Ken

Wha wha whaaaat? hahaha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 2:13pm

I ate a lot of nuts.

Ouch, that sounds even more painful than hitting debris while footing.

Summer of 92', Ken's testicle festival.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

75;As Paul Harvey would say"Now the rest of the story",and that is ?????
       boat dr

I am sorry to say that is pretty much the whole story. And there is actually a sad addendum to it. I am blind as a bat and wear contacts. They had a way of washing out of my eyes when barefooting, so after losing a few, I went without. So I didn't see the lovely lady on the shoreline, but my friends in the boat did. When they came back to get me they said "DID YOU SEE THAT" To which I responded "see what?". We went by again, she apparently did it again. They came back to get me and again said "DID YOU SEE THAT". It sucks having bad eyes.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

HW: get those pics or vids of PLBC up here for all to enjoy.

Larry: I feel your pain, man. Hit a big ole sheephead just after a sweet grave-jump. Wasn't even looking where I was goin', to busy lookin' at our club dock to make sure everyone saw me.

Had to foot in a flip-flop taped to the foot for the summer.

Working on the videos, I think most of them are converted, I will chop out the good wipes and post them through photobucket.

Hitting dead fish are our only obstacles really. Lake is pretty clean, could be safer and not be doing whips inside the bouy line, but that's a choice.

Had a minor foot injury Memorial Day of last summer, footed in a pair of dock shoes up until GL when I got the chance to ski with Scarpa that was my first real "barefooting" in a few weeks. It hurt like hell but well worth it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Ouch, that sounds even more painful than hitting debris while footing. Summer of 92', Ken's testicle festival.

You guys had to get gay on me. No, they were delicious, redish, brownish nuts that were as healthy as you can get. I'll remember the name soon. Somebody must know what I'm talking about.

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 2:57pm
Ken, did you ever have an Fromunda cheese with your nuts?
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 2:58pm

Sure is healthy with a vitamin pilsner combination........
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 3:01pm
No cheese with the nuts, Hollywood.

I'm searching a nut website, stand by.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 3:06pm
These are them. They're organic almonds. Great snack for the lake.

Ken
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 3:22pm
My guess is "Mountain Oysters"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 9:26pm
Larry; Sometimes it is hard to believe how close our experiances are even tho we of course didn't know each other.

Remember when you knew EVERYONE in your area who could foot? Usually not to many names to remember. If you told someone at work or Church that you "barefooted" they would hardly believe you. The fun was in the proving!

Ken: Just do not believe you are 19 in that vid. Maybe 13 or 14. How long did you keep trying at that speed? Who was pullin' ya?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 11:14am
Yes, John, I was 19 in that video. I've changed slightly.

My friend Dan was pulling me. We put a lot of hours on that '87. He pulled me at 35-36 MPH. I don't know if that was too fast for my weight. Good times were had though.

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 11:37am

He pulled me at 35-36 MPH. I don't know if that was too fast for my weight.

Ive always been told that your weight, divided by 10, plus 20 will give you approximate boat speed for barefooting. Works for long line, as I like 38-39 at ~190 lbs. You can back off a few MPH on the boom, too. 30-31 would probably have been more than enough for your 128 lbs. With a higher boom, you can go even slower due to the upwards pull.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 11:55am

He pulled me at 35-36 MPH. I don't know if that was too fast for my weight.

In terms of quality video footage, it was perfect.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 12:07pm
This is my buddy who tought me how to foot, Dan Monaco. He's pretty good.

Footn'

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 12:14pm
You guys are all about the speed. That's one way of eliminating the boat spray, throttle down!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 12:17pm
I always thought that speed gives you better stability, no? I'm 189 now and like it at about 39-40. Won't I catch a toe at lower speeds???

Ken
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 12:40pm
I can never view these videos from my work computer, must be a security setting I can't figure out. Anybody know what it could be? Joel????

Ken 39-40 should be your long line speed, drop 5 if your on the boom. I usually foot at 2 over my long line speed so I can lift a foot without digging in. Personally I would always rather be a little too fast than slow. Proper form and soft knees will let you ski a little slower too.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 12:57pm
That back deep was friggin fast, but when you are that good/experienced I guess it doesn't matter.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 1:35pm
TRBenj and Brad will tell you, I kick up some serious spray while footn'. My knees tend to lock-up straight. My feet face straight forward too. I can't seem to get comfortable.

Ken
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 1:41pm

I kick up some serious spray while footn'. My knees tend to lock-up straight.
Ken

Thats why you kick up so much spray, ya gotta bend those knees. Bent knees give you a chance to; go slower, soak up rollers, and reduce headers.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Darrel Darrel wrote:

Thats why you kick up so much spray, ya gotta bend those knees. Bent knees give you a chance to; go slower, soak up rollers, and reduce headers.

Ken, he's right. However, Hollywood has a point- fixing your form and slowing down may have a detrimental effect on the quality of your videos.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 1:58pm
Ken,

Pleeeeeeeze, go here and read everything, watch the videos, buy the DVD and then post some new vids for us.

It's been enjoyable watching the crash and burns but watching someone excel in barefooting is Almost as much fun.

Do what he says and you'll be a better footer the very next time you hit water.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 2:07pm
Thanks, Alan. Tips for the petite barefooter, that's not me. The pics and videos make it look so easy.....and slow as hell.

Is there a problem with the quality of my home videos? As you say, Tim, I like it hot!

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 2:43pm
Alan & rest, there are a bunch of segments from the Dawg on YouTube.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 2:49pm
One more early 90's video to add to the collection.

another footn' vid

Ken
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2007 at 3:05pm
Barefoot extreme

This one looked pretty cool......
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
  Share Topic