Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stainless Steel Manifolds

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
HiTek Products View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiTek Products Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stainless Steel Manifolds
    Posted: February-11-2007 at 10:36pm
Watercooled Stainless Steel Manifolds
Hi I am Allen from Australia, I manufactor Hi-Tek Marine Manifolds.
They are all in 1 piece,more power, better fuel economy and only 1/4 weight of cast iron manifolds.Can make odd manifolds that nobody makes now.
look at my web site www.hi-tekmarine.com
Regards
Hi-Tek Stainless Steel Manifolds
www.hi-tekmarine.com
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:00am
Egad, no cla$$.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:48am
sick em 79
"the things you own will start to own you"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 9:17am
Easy fellas. There are a few members here (including myself) that have spoken with Allen personally. He is a good guy and appears to have a quality product. We are currently working with him to try and establish a good relationship here. A few of us anticipate purchasing some of his manifolds within the coming months and will share our experiences with everyone. These could be a great option for many of us, as there are currently very few manufacturers of aftermarket marine exhaust manifolds for small block Fords.

Stay tuned!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 11:39am
TRB, I too have spoken to Allen, one great guy.For sure we have 3 sets sold,2 SBF and 1 SBC,if i remember correctly for 1350 a pair.Allen told me if i order 7 pairs ,The Boat Doctor will be concidered a distributor and the price we pay will decrease.
All you guys look at his site and get back to me ..............boat dr
He can build any shape or form GM/Ford/Buick/Mopar all we need is 7 to get the bulk price..........
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 12:09pm
Tim and Doc, don't forget to keep my order in the queue for "sold" SBF sets. Thx.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 12:23pm
Doc, the 3 I know of are you, me and Reid- all SBF's I think. There was someone interested in a BBC, wasnt there? Not sure if he ever firmed up.

Are you still thinking March-April timeframe? You may want to touch base with Allen again. I have sent him a few emails but havent heard back- not sure if I have his newest address. Judging by his post, his fall slowdown may be starting in Australia.
GrandSlam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandSlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 12:46pm
Doc, Does the $1,350 include the Riser as well? What is SBF and SBC? My 'Fish' has the 351 engine so is the a SS replacement for that available as well. Jerry
Jerry Troy

USCG Master, 100GT

1989 23' Fish Nautique

1992 47' Jersey SF
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 1:19pm
Jerry, SBF = Small Block Ford (and SBC = Small Block Chevy, BBC = Big Block Chevy). The 289/302 and 351w are small block Fords, so they'll fit.

Once nice thing about the manifolds is that they are one piece- which would replace both the cast iron manifold and riser.

JR_VIC has them installed on his '92 Ski Nautique (PCM 351w):

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 5:21pm
Attention; Hi Tek S/S manifolds for sale.....
Just got off the phone with Allen at Hi Tek,The Boat Doctor is now the Southern Dist. for Hi Tek S/S Manifolds.
I gotta buy 5 sets,SBF or SBC, but under these guidelines price per set will be 1387.00 USD this includes shipping.
I think we have 2 committed already,we need 2 more to firm up the order.Call me 318-386-2825 Billy Sutton.........boat dr   
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 6:48pm
boat doc, I want to check with Eric to see if he thinks they would fit under the motor box on the 454. I did manage to work so over time that I was not planning on getting. Do you think they would be a direct bolt of for me based on pics of my motor in the before eric thread? Being a BBC would the price change?
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 6:55pm
Do you know what kind of performance gains there would be on a EFI GT-40 ?
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:12pm
87, they are a direct replacement for the PCM and the OSCO manifolds,the price is a little more than the 1387.00,how much don't know but will find out..........
todicus, Allen claims 30 HP, which would be about right,good headers will gain about 10%.
The big advantage is the weight,SBF/SBC=12lbs.
If i do the math that would reduce 100lbs.My Ex Wife spent 8500.00 for a tummy tuck that got rid of 10 lbs.Wonder how much a butt job would have cost,there was a 30lb.chunk there.
Boat dr. that was trashy, but i can say that ,i paid for it..........
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:16pm
ok please check on price and get let me know. do you know when we would be getting them?
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:21pm
We have to all get on the same page on the order,names ,adresses,phone no.bla bla bla. those that are interested call me, spring is close.................318-386-2825
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 8:00pm
boat doc when is a good time to call you? As I still have a hard time keeping track of who lives where, what time zone are you in?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 7:53am
Originally posted by todicus todicus wrote:

Do you know what kind of performance gains there would be on a EFI GT-40 ?

Todicus, we dont have a ton of info on the manifolds. JR_VIC posted his results with them in this thread. They definitely sound promising!

When I spoke to Allen a year ago, he a$$ured me that they are drop-in replacements for the PCM/Indmar manifolds. The Hiteks dont require any more space than the stockers.

Boat Dr, thats great news. I missed Allens call yesterday, but Im glad to see he got through to you. If you need my info give me a call- I believe you have my number.

I a$$ume the $1387 is for the bare manifolds (not polished or powdercoated)? Like I think I mentioned to you before, if I get any coating done, it will be something like jet-hot.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 9:11am
And Tim, no problem with these and the P heads as there is with automotive headers? I was hoping that since they curve up that it wouldn't be an issue compared to auto headers going out and down. Just checking.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 9:26am
87bfn,your cost on the big block chevy manifolds are $1925.00
B/B Chevy increase w/HI Tek
Horsepower 35
Torque 60 lb. ft.
Weight loss 100 lbs.
this price is for the powdercoat,polished is 300.00 more
time zone Central
todicus;
SBF,hp increase=25
torque=40 lb. ft.
TRB, can't find which book your # is in, call me please............boat dr
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 9:32am
Reid, a picture's worth a thousand words:

Since automotive headers swing down and marine headers swing up, we have no fitment problems. Plug angle is actually much improved over the stock heads.

Boat Dr, Ill give you a call today.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 9:52am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Weight loss 100 lbs.............boat dr

it's realy hard to loose 100 lbs. when the cast iron PCM manifold and risers only weigh 85-90lbs for both sides and your putting 10-15 lbs back on. Guess I should go back to math cla$$, NOT
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 11:03am
Yes, those sounds like BBC w/ 4" riser numbers.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 4:30pm
boat doc,

I will give you a call later tonight would like to talk to you about the manifolds. Would arond 7:30-8ish be ok with you?
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 4:53pm
79, you don't need to go back to school,it's my math that is suspect. Total weight of 2 manifolds is 62lbs.2 Risers weigh 42 lbs. this adds up to 104 lbs. subract 12 lbs per manifold and you only lose 80 lbs.
My digital scales, i hope,will show the weight of the Hi Teks as Allen advertised them.Sorry for the wrong info.........boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 7:19pm
I thought they would weigh a little more too until I thru them on a scale myself a year or too ago . Have heard from more than one person switching from cast to aluminum saved about 100 lbs. By far the hy-tec's are the lightest available and are half the weight of the AL edlebrocks I'm installing.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 10:25pm
boat dr...how much are the polished ones??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 7:12am
$1867.00 was said earlier.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 7:13am
$1687.00 was said earlier.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 10:13pm
MM,was quoted last year by Allen,300.00usd more to polish, will contact him again to check this .1387.00 + 300.00 = 1687.00
So far we have 4 sets,3 SBF & 1 BBC,87BFN{Jim Bragg} wants polished. The 3 SBF painted.We need 1 more for the discount that Allen will give on an order of 5,any more takers..........boat dr
JR_VIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR_VIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 10:36pm
I have been very happy with the Hi-Tek headers so far. As mentioned in a previous thread they bolted up almost as easy as the OEM ones with the exception that the way the headers come out and turn up I was only able to get a socket on about half of the bolts but again I don't have a vast selection of specialty sockets etc. The remaining bolts had to be tightened with an end wrench and with about 10 hours of use none have losened up so far. Absolutely no clearance issues at all anywhere on my 92 SNCB. Did not have to adjust the carb settings with the exception raising the idle about 100 RPM. Took it to the lake and picked up 4.0 MPH. I have also added the new style DUI HEI style distibutor and a Weiand intake as well. Also changed to a rear billet metering block and upped the jet sizes and the boat is now running about 52.5 MPH with 14 degrees of timing which I have been very happy considering these are only bolt on mods. I mentioned to Boat Dr. that the last few times out I am still having the starboard side run hotter than the port side by about 70 degrees (140 port to 210 starboard) only at idle but seems to normlize under way. Hope this helps.

Thanks!
"That's not a Snow Cone that's my Ring!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic