NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft Club?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
'70 Mustang View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft Club?
    Posted: February-09-2007 at 1:16pm
Howdy there, I am new to this organization but I am moving back to D/FW area of Texas and was just wondering if there are any CC / Nautique clubs there?

I have a 1970 Mustang that is a daily puller that was just restored about 4 years back. We have a lake house at PK and spend most of our time out there!

Nice to meet all of you guys and hope to see you out on the lake!!

Jim ~
Albuquerque, NM (DFW Soon)
505-220-3460
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 1:48pm
Jim
Your in the right place with a 70 Mustang.
This our virtual lake. Welcome , come on in and set a spell.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 2:03pm
Thanks!! Auctually the boat we have now was purchased through this website. Here is a link to the boat as it is still posted "For Sale". The craft is in mint condition and we talked him down to $3600.00. Seemed like a pretty good deal especially seeing how the boat was parked 5 minutes from my sisters house in Fort Worth.

The seller knew my family as we have been in the boat business since the late 50's in Fort Worth, TX. Richland Hills Marine. We're no longer in the boat business but can't seem to give up the lake life! LOL

Jim ~
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 3:03pm
70 mustang,welcome aboard don't know of a club in the D/FW area ,but we are as close as your keyboard.The dues for membership reasonable,the integrity of the group as a whole questionable,the information sometimes suspect,but the laughs and feedback are priceless.
Jump in with both feet............boat dr
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 4:32pm
lol
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 6:14pm
New CCs, Old CCs any CCs...dont matter... the "Dr" pretty much summed it up...just have fun and enjoy!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 10:29pm
Welcome. Beautiful boat for $36k. Did the Po act scared when you pulled the gun on him?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 11:44pm
70 mustang...welcome to our club, its the best culb you could join, and its free...
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 11:59pm
Jim,
Welcome! I have modified the listing so that not belongs to you - you should have received an automated email.

Congratulations on that great looking Mustang.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 10:42am
Thanks for all of the warm welcomes! Shannon and I are glad to have found this site. I also appreciate all of the compliments on our new purchase. She is a really sweet ride! I don't know how to set up a member profile with pics but if someone can help me out with that I'll try to get some fresh pics up as well as some of lake fun.

I also need to talk to the group about modifications. I don't know if you guys prefer "All Original" crafts or if "mild mods" are cool here. Either way, I hope I don't get any noses turned up at me but we are looking into installing a Monster Tower and a full swim platform. Any words on either subject? I need to know where to get the platform other than making one myself and if anyone knows of anyone with a monster tower in the N. Texas area that is selling thier boat I would love to talk to them. Thank you in advance for any a$$istance.

BTW John, my brother-in-law picked up the boat for me as I'm still in NM, but he did say it seemed like he wasn't too happy with the price I paid him for it. Ryan said he thought he was still talking to her when he pulled out of the drive. No to mention the look of "WTF just happened here" on his face.

Be good,
Jim & Shannon ~
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 10:54am
Hey Jim,

Welcome, enjoy the boat. My ride is about the same year as yours. It's mostly original but has a few cosmetic updates. Just don't make a tower out of 2 x 4 Doug Fir.

What part of New Mexico are you coming from; I lived in Roswell for several years.j There were not too many lakes for boating around there.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 11:06am
Jim,some on this site are die hard purist,and leave it as it was from C/C,then there are us that want change the outward appearance but are looking for more bang when it comes to the engine.This can be seen in some of the posts.
IMHO the towers just don't look right on the older boats,but then i have a thing about drilling holes in a 40 year old boat.
Bottom line is look before ya leap,sometime simple is better......boat dr
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 11:10am
I live in Rio Rancho (just north of Albuquerque). We have been out here for about 3 years but just had a great job offer to move back to Texas. I was born and raised in N. Texas (Richland Hills). Where are you located now Chuck?

I found a guy selling his boat not to far from where we're moving to but he didn't seem to responsive to selling his tower of his boat. I tried to explain this his boat isn't worth a grand more due to having a $1000.00 tower on it and that he could make a little more money by selling the tower off the boat. He said he'll think about it. I'll give him a week before I order one from monster tower myself. Here is a link to his boat:

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1593&sort=&pagenum=11&yrstart=1925&yrend=2008

Jim & Shannon ~
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 3:44pm
Jim,

I lived for four years in Roswell, loved the mountains that were close, great people, but I'm thrilled to be back in the midwest (KC) with lots of water, lakes, and boats, and some winter right now.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 4:50pm
Jim,

I lived for four years in Roswell, loved the mountains that were close, great people, but I'm thrilled to be back in the midwest (KC) with lots of water, lakes, and boats, and some winter right now.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 8:43pm
Jim:
Please a$$ure me you are talking about a monster tower for some other boat, not this sweet Mustang.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 8:56pm
70- Nice looking boat. Congrats. I used to check that boat out all of the time online. I have always admired how clean it appears to be. Have fun with it. My condolences on the tower, but I guess you have to make it functional for your purposes. You bought it, not me. Darn it.

-JMurph
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 6:55pm
It's your boat - but a tower on a Mustang? They are pretty narrow & you'll pull the boat from side to side. If you tried a Fly-High pole the rope could be ajusted lower to minimize the leaverage.It's less than 1/2 the price & if it works sell it in a year,then do the tower thing.   
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 8:43pm
Thanks dog and jmurph, I thought it was just me.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 11:53pm
No problem on the tower. That's whay I pitched it out there. We'll back off the tower for now as my son is not going to be up to snuff until next year. This is going to be his second year wakeboarding. Not too bad for a 6 year old I guess.

THanks for the comments JMurph, we're prett stoked to have found her, got him to work with us on the price, and he was 10 minutes from my sister's house. Everything was just way sweet!

Everyone braggs on their rig but Ryan said this boat liiks like new. He handed over around $5K in reciepts from the past 24 months and he said the engine is so clean that you could eat off of it!. He said there are a few cracks on the deck around the windshield. 2 or 3 about quarter size. After crawling all over her for about 1 hour that is the only thing he found wrong. This cat provided proof of about 30 hours on the OMC 305, seperated hull with all new stringers & runners, all new interior (2003), trailer has been re-worked with LED lights, paint & new chrome mag wheels, all new cables & wiring. Okay enough is enough, there's no doubt she's a way sweet little puller! I should be there ina few days and we're going to give her a tooth brushing as Ryan said she way dusty as all get out from sitting outside (under a custom cover) since winterized in 2006. Then I'll get some more pics for you guys.

Hey, keep in touch and we'll holler at you on the flip side.....

Jim & Shannon, out ~

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:23am
70 Mustang, I'm glad you backed off on the tower idea as I'm going to agree with boat dr, jbear, jmurph and waterdog that it just wouldn't look good on a 70. I would also question the swim platform as well but like someone else said, it is your boat. I guess I'm one of the purests that you will run into on this site but it is also a site where you will find lots of different opinions. Welcome to it. The extended pylon for your son may make him happy and would be more year appropiate. Have fun with it no matter what,Pete

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 9:22am
That's cool Pete. We're pretty stuck on the swim platform idea as it makes life so much easier especially with kids getting in and out of the water.

Rest a$$ured that it'll look first cla$$. I don't own anything half *ss. Even if I need to fabricate something from scratch; it'll look factory.

We also haven't ruled out buying a second boat to rag out with towers, platforms, ghetto blasters, stickers & what not. We may just keep this on in the garage for Sundays when Shan & I just want something to cruise the lake in for a few hours.

Jim & Shan ~
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 4:17pm
Do you guys know if this 1970 Mustang had the "Correct Craft" stickers on each rear side as seen in some pictures? I think they were on our old Southwind. Ryan said this ride didn't have them and the guy I bought it from wasn't sure if it was supposed to have them on there or not. What is you take?

Jim ~
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 5:22pm
Jim

I believe that it had metal "Correct Craft" emblems on each side.
In my opinion the swim platform does not take away from originality, and if you are in and out of the water a lot it is an upgrade that is well worth it.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:10pm
Thanks Chuck, she has those on each side already. I just wasn't sure about the "stickers" (2 badges and 1 cirle one).

As for the swim platform, that is a must. I have young son, and my brother-in-law (Ryan) has 2 young boys as well. We're at the lake pretty much every weekend and our boats don't cool down until the sun goes down.

With all of us getting in and out constantly I feel that the ladder (1) isn't going to hold up to the constant abuse or (2) it is going to wear us out.

It looks like I can fabricate one cheaper so I'm going to round up some teak from the Galveston area (I have some contacts down there at a boat yard) and just make one myself. I'm not sure what older models, like mine, came with platforms but I would like it to look original, so to speak. :0)

Jim & Shan ~
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:12pm
By the way, this website ROCKS! Just in case no one knew that already!! Thanks for all of the comments, support, and suggestions!! :0)

J & S ~
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 8:21am
70, You are thinking of the "AWSA", "CC since" and "USA flag" decals. I had a 70 Barracuda and it came from the factory with only the USA flag banner. It wasn't until the next early 70's hull change that the 3 (or 2) decals were being put on. The Nautique and the Tique got the 3 decals with the additional AWSA decal. A detail look through the ref. section may or may not confirm this. I have commented before that the early CC's were not consistent.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 10:49pm
70 Mustang, I say go for the swim platform they are a worth while modification and can look pretty cla$$y if done with good style. If you want to fly high on the wake baord you could get one of the extended pylons that slide over your stock one. This way no drilling is required and you can be back to stock in a few minutes. I have one on my 79 Ski Tique that stands 7 feet, it's made by a company called "Fly High". Lots of brands out there though.
Work to live, not live to work.

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 11:02pm
70 mustang...I really like the boat you bought, I used to look at that boat some times, Im with the guys on the tower thing, I have a 10ft pole for mine, its easy to put on and take off, just dont cut the ring and finger off the pole!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 1:05pm
I think we've decided to go with the pole extension for the time being. I can always use ny buddies boats with the towers. I guess there is really no need to drill extra holes on a boat like this.

I'm going to start work on the platform around mid May.

Thanks for the compliments on our latest purchase MaddMarxx. We are very excited and I have yet to see her in person. All of my intel is coming from my brother-in-law (Ryan) who went and picked her up for me.

I am supposed to be heading to Texas in the morning but we just got about 3/4 foot of show last night and I'm hoping that I-40 get cleaned up before I head out. I'm gonna run over to his place and pick her up Friday morning. I'm stoked!!

Jim & Shan ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic