NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tranny question for Eric and others

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tranny question for Eric and others
    Posted: October-28-2006 at 8:52pm
I changed the oil and tranny fluid in my buddy's 95 mc 205. I sucked it out and since I put oil back in it's been leaking somewhere badly. I think I've got the dipstick screwed down on right, but is there an O ring or something that I could be missing that might be making it leak? Or is there another place on that Mastercraft tran that tends to leak? The bilge is full of tranny fluid and I can't tell for sure where it's coming from.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 8:01am
The dipstick on a BW velvet drive has to be turned clockwise so that the rubber piece is compressed and expainded to seal, there isn't an o-ring it's more like a larger rubber stopper. You should be able to put quite a bit of a pull on it and it shouldn't come out of the opening.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 9:36am
Dude, is that a borg or zf hurth in that tugboat? some of those zf leak from the get go, especially the v-drives, the 630v when it would cool off would suck water back in the output seal and cause problems, if you have water in the bildge.
"the things you own will start to own you"
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 5:51pm
I went back at it today and under a heavy load I found the leak. It was in one of the hoses to the cooler. It sprayed like a mother. Time to replace. Thanks for your help.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 8:23pm
Can you use a 12V Jabsco Porta-Quick oil changer on a BW 1:1? I know nothing about transmissions and I always worried I'd screw something up by the suction.

Thanks
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 10:27pm
I don't know why not.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 7:10am
thats probably the best way to get all the oil out, i'll drain them and refill and suck out just after you turn the engine off at op. temp. if you do it twice your sure to get all of the bad oil out
"the things you own will start to own you"
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 8:33am
btw: it was a velvet drive on that MC.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2006 at 12:01am
Thanks! Another fear removed by the CCF folks
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic