NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2007

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Sandbar is a given. I think this outweighs skiable water in the mid-afternoon. The theme of the reunion is a relaxed, hang out weekend instead of a 3-event tournament. Don't get me wrong I like skiing as much as the next guy, you might have to get up early or stay out late to do it. If the weather would have cooperated on Sunday morning at GL that would have been perfect.

Good point. We did get hosed on Sunday. You can't beat the sandbar at GL- it was ideal.

Edit: PS- Keith and I were at the ramp at 5 AM on Sunday- we tried.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 9:46am
Sandbar is a given. I think this outweighs skiable water in the mid-afternoon. The theme of the reunion is a relaxed, hang out weekend instead of a 3-event tournament. Don't get me wrong I like skiing as much as the next guy, you might have to get up early or stay out late to do it. If the weather would have cooperated on Sunday morning at GL that would have been perfect.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 9:41am
We may want to move the event closer to Spring to avoid some of the wally crowd, if possible. Just throwing it out there.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 9:39am
I will absolutely not be able to go the week of the 4th of July. Probably not an uncommon request.

Dislikes:
- Parking was a KILLER. The town generally has no place to put a 40 foot boat/car combo.
- Spread out people, as HW mentioned
- Lake size, insane.
- Lack of skiing

Essentially GL just has that tiny little park area to offer us for a general gathering point. The problem there is everyone has boats and cars, and were miles apart in different hotels/campgrounds. Although I hate the drive down there, I must say I thought some place like Shelby would accomodate a very large group very comfortably if we all took over a campground there. I would not mind a venue change but I agree that it could kill attendance. In Shelby we had a cove for the boats to sit in and watch people try out the course and foot, which was exactly what I wanted in GL. Granted, Shelby was in the fall so we got lucky with lake traffic.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 9:26am
I'm gonna go ahead and throw out some dates that I will absolutely not be able to make.

July 20-22
Aug 3-5, 10-12

Middle of July worked out well this year.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 8:55am
Originally posted by bkhallpa$$ bkhallpa$$ wrote:

I enjoyed Green Lake. However, for me, part of the fun is in going to different places.

I agree. Green Lake was great but I'd like to see some other lakes possibly as well. Moj' made a good point though if it were held at the same place we'd probably get more attendance.

Liked: The band in the park, bar across the street.

Disliked: Limited rig parking. Everyone spread out at different camps/hotels. I feel I missed a lot of people and boats.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 8:31am
I enjoyed Green Lake. However, for me, part of the fun is in going to different places. I would not mind Green Lake again, but, I think I would like it even better if a different venue were selected. I'm not positive yet that I will be able to attend, but I will try. BKH
Livin' the Dream

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 7:57am
Well the help's moving along pretty good so lets move on to step 2.

Start posting things you liked or didn't like about last years reunion. Pro/cons. Things you would like to see added or scraped. We've got about a month before our first meeting so we'll make a list from this thread and see what we can do.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 3:34am
Where is green lake?????how many miles is it from Orlando??????and why is the water green???
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:30am
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Jbear,
Gotta plan for ya...fly in here... pick one from the fleet and drive it up with us! We even have a second vehicle that will tow!Seriously!

Heck with an offer like that, I'll fly to garys ..and its only two hours from me!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:26am
Gary: How can I turn down an offer like that? I do think that at least one planning meeting should be held during the winter months down here.

On another matter....our son did 10 years in the Navy. Loved it. We got to cruise on "family" trips twice and I got to cruise with him on board his Frigate for 7 days! My best of luck to your boy. Go up for graduation, boy will you be proud and your wife will cry the whole weekend. At least mrs jbear did.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:19am
Jbear,
Gotta plan for ya...fly in here... pick one from the fleet and drive it up with us! We even have a second vehicle that will tow!Seriously!

Now...add your name to the list!

Brian...any chance you would do it again!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:17am
Just tell me when.....please don't make it the end of July.............but I missed out this year....can't miss again!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:14am
Hey jbear,

We already got your ticket reserved...gonna see you at GL this year?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:10am
BKH: you should be home!

Dude: Does "abides" mean you wanna help out or just come to GL?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:09am
Originally posted by ultrahots ultrahots wrote:

81Nautique
Mojoman
Nautique2001
Hollywood
Quinner
M3Fan
Rleinen79
Gotwake
Ultrahots
62 wood

Yeeeh Haaaaww!!!      
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:08am
Hey Dude,

I'm sitting here in beautiful Plano, TX right now. Are you in this area? BKH
Livin' the Dream

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 12:02am
The Dude abides.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 11:30pm
81Nautique
Mojoman
Nautique2001
Hollywood
Quinner
M3Fan
Rleinen79
Gotwake
Ultrahots

I am good on the phone.Plus I have free long distance.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 11:24pm
I never did get the hang of this Quote thing!

Todd...last year Brian and I trailed them up together....we can pick you up on the way this year! Maybe we can pick up others on the way and have a big wagon train!
stang

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 11:19pm
[QUOTE=Gotwake] [QUOTE=Gotwake]
81Nautique
Mojoman
Nautique2001
Hollywood
Quinner
M3Fan
Rleinen79
Gotwake
Stang72
stang

The Super Air

Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Gotwake Gotwake wrote:

81Nautique
Mojoman
Nautique2001
Hollywood
Quinner
M3Fan
Rleinen79
Gotwake

weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 10:13pm
Kinda new, but I will help with something.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 9:25pm
Maybe I better come up from Florida to make sure you guys stay on task.
A little trip to the Windy city will make me like it here even more. Better yet....if you guys want warm weather for a meeting, the jbears place is avaible.

Hollywood; ya mean you do parties for a living? Drop me a e-mail, I hope we are still on for next Friday.

john

ps or a phone call if ya still got the number.
"Loud pipes save lives"

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

81Nautique
Mojoman
Nautique2001
Hollywood
Quinner
M3Fan
Rleinen79

All I need to know is where to be and when.....and what kind of beer to bring

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 6:29pm
Sign me up!
stang

The Super Air

todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 5:32pm

Body Art.......

A perfect job for Hollywood and Quinner at the GL 2007 reunion
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 5:27pm
Oh Boy, I see one hell of a party, I mean planning meeting coming shortly.

You guys have just been dying for this thread to start haven't ya.

Joel, plenty of things to do , we'll find your strong points. I love the phones, I can sell ice cubes to an eskimo
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Add to this list

81Nautique
Mojoman
Nautique2001
Hollywood
Quinner
M3Fan

I'm not too good on the phone, but there has to be something else I can do.

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 4:46pm
I just check rates from Boston to Chicago, for example mid Nov. It's $198 round trip. Yeah, you'll see my mug before the reunion. Good stuff.

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic