NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 No Start

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
BlueDub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2019 at 8:55am
Yes, forgot to mention in original post that I did the coil also in my early rage of throwing parts at it. And the mechanic has said that it runs when he feeds it fuel (I'm imagining he has a spray bottle to squirt into the intake) but I have not witnessed that. I really appreciate the attention from everyone. I'm going to print the manual to have when I go talk to him today. Any other tips or info are welcome and I will update after I see the boat today.
96SNEFI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 96SNEFI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2019 at 2:46am
I think you said the pumps prime and the engine cranks.
Are you getting spark? I experienced similar problems and it turned out to be the coil. Standard automotive coil will work.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2019 at 1:09am
Here is the link to the gt40 diagnostic manual
Page 6-8 is the fuel pump circuits. Both pumps are controlled by the same relay. You can make both pumps run by supplying a ground on this side of this plug in the picture below-

I would check to see if each pump runs on it's own. After testing the LP pump I'd disconnect it's feed and then check the HP, If it does not run then check to see if it is getting power at it's plug. If it is then open the FCC,I have heard of the pumps wires getting disconnected especially if you have the old threaded FCC. I also think that the lanyard only controls the pumps meaning the starter will still operate with the lanyard pulled. Maybe in the morning Ken will have a thought or two also.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
BlueDub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2019 at 11:55pm
Nautique dealer we bought it from, only one around. The lanyard button definately activates the low pressure pump, and it cranks, would the HP be somehow controlled separately by that?.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2019 at 11:36pm
Curious as to what dealer around here that would work/know whats gong on with a 20 year boat? Have you tried jumping the safety lanyard switch ?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
BlueDub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2019 at 8:37pm
I have a new to us '99 Air Nautique. This boat was so great for the first 50 hrs this summer, correct hull and storage for our family which has grown to 4, and the GT40 EFI which gave an amazing pull. I was hoping that it would be super safe/reliable compared to the '83 2001 that we have used pre-kids. But after 50hrs of phenomenal skiing it just started to die intermittently (at first after sitting for an hour or two of rest after morning sets while trying to go for round 2) then it just died and would not restart at all. I did the things that I saw as inevitable which I didn't mind: relays, cap and rotar, fuel filter, checked pickup in tank and antisiphon, had alternator tested, then I started getting a little more serious, putting pumps, regulator, even got ahold of a known-to-be-good ECM but to no avail! I do not have access to a STAR tester. At that point I got frustrated, brought it back to the dealership and three weeks later they told me they were going to put in a HP pump to which I said don't bother and took the boat back. Now mechanic #2 (good guy so far) has told me that the fuel pressure is just not there and he is also feeling stumped. My question is what do I do? I am going to meet and talk to mechanic tomorrow after work to talk about the plan/options. Anyone around Norther Illinois that can get this sorted out? Do I need to get my hands on the STAR tester to get to the bottom of this? What specifically could cause the pump to not run? I saw the info about the heat sinc (TFI) and the symptoms described in that post are resembling my scenario almost exactly. Please help, summer is slipping into fall and away....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic