Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RPM lost at 2800 PCM Pro Boss GT40 Ski Nautique 96
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RPM lost at 2800 PCM Pro Boss GT40 Ski Nautique 96

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Basler Basler wrote:

Maybe there is also not enough oil but i checked it should be ok. Maybe put in a bit more and the pressure gets a bit better.

If you show oil on the dip stick, you are most likely good.You would need to be almost completely out of oil so the oil pickup in the pan sucks air for the pressure to drop. Adding more oil will not affect the pressure.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Basler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Running good up till 2800 rpm makes me think your engine may be going into "limp mode"

The link below has a description from the manual in the post by Lewy2001 that might be helpful

Like he says, removing the wire from the water temp switch and the oil pressure switch one at a time and running the boat will tell you if that's the problem.

You can have normal readings on the oil pressure and water temperature gauges which are fed from sending units that are different pieces of equipment from the switches so the indications can look and be right, but a defective switch will put you into limp mode.

It's quick and easy to check and maybe you'll find the problem is one of the switches or at least it will let you rule them out as a cause.

link

The pressure seems to be lower than it should its something between 40-50 i think need to check that also tomorrow. I saw the switch is available at nautiqueparts.com
Maybe there is also not enough oil but i checked it should be ok. Maybe put in a bit more and the pressure gets a bit better.
Basler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

When I first bought my boat I installed a new fuel filter, if memory serves me correctly I purchased a filter that was too fine, 5 micron or something like that. I thought it would clean very well and I thought that would be better. Bought two of them at the same time.
I believe I had to remove that filter as it did not flow enough fuel.
I don't remember the required filter size, 10-20 micron???
I should remember since it tripped me up and I had to throw away two new filters.
I checked my book and I did not keep notes, sorry.
You might check and see what you installed for a filter.
This is the screw on filter mounted in the engine compartment.

I bought the same one that was installed before, not sure about the micron. You think this one is ok?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ch%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F162997516169
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 4:30pm
Running good up till 2800 rpm makes me think your engine may be going into "limp mode"

The link below has a description from the manual in the post by Lewy2001 that might be helpful

Like he says, removing the wire from the water temp switch and the oil pressure switch one at a time and running the boat will tell you if that's the problem.

You can have normal readings on the oil pressure and water temperature gauges which are fed from sending units that are different pieces of equipment from the switches so the indications can look and be right, but a defective switch will put you into limp mode.

It's quick and easy to check and maybe you'll find the problem is one of the switches or at least it will let you rule them out as a cause.

link
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 4:17pm
When I first bought my boat I installed a new fuel filter, if memory serves me correctly I purchased a filter that was too fine, 5 micron or something like that. I thought it would clean very well and I thought that would be better. Bought two of them at the same time.
I believe I had to remove that filter as it did not flow enough fuel.
I don't remember the required filter size, 10-20 micron???
I should remember since it tripped me up and I had to throw away two new filters.
I checked my book and I did not keep notes, sorry.
You might check and see what you installed for a filter.
This is the screw on filter mounted in the engine compartment.
Basler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 3:52pm
Ok Thank for the fast reply 😊 will check tomorrow. Before this years season started i did change the fuel filter maybe it stucks there 🧐
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

There is a GT40 specific help section on this forum that keeps the most frequent failures recorded.

Her's the thread on the GT40

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 3:45pm
If it is running smooth while this happens it may be a fuel supply issue.

I believe there is a valve in the fuel tank, that can be checked.

You can hook up a fuel pressure gauge and run the engine, that would let you verify quickly if it is fuel or ignition related. Fuel pressure should not drop when you accelerate, it should increase to offset loss of vacuum when accelerating.

There is a GT40 specific help section on this forum that keeps the most frequent failures recorded.
Basler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 3:05pm
Hi Community

My ProBoss GT40 on a ski nautique 1996 has a special problem. If i give full throttle it stucks at 2800RPM and falls down to 2300RPM this process repeats then every few seconds. If i stay under the 2800 everything works fine. I dont know what the problem is, last year everything was fine with it. but this season is really bad to start :/ maybe someone could help me out? πŸ˜•

I did check the forum and google but can’t find this specific problem. I also checked the manual but cant find any solution for this failure. Is there any possibility that there is a fault by the computer snd i have to reset the computer? Is this even possible to reset the computer?

Please help me out i dont know what i can do to make this engine work again.

Sry for my bad english πŸ˜…

Greets from switzerland
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic