NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking to restore the SHINE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
FLCaptain View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLCaptain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2019 at 8:53pm
You haven’t wet sanded your way up high enough. You got to go to 2000. Then polish
oldlegbone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldlegbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2019 at 7:32pm
You could try some McKees 37 Hydro Pearl if you want a silicon coating spray. Try that over some collinite.
bfootr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfootr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2019 at 7:01pm
High speed polisher (non-orbital).
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2019 at 6:50pm
William,Are you using a polisher or a rotary buffer?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bfootr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfootr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2019 at 6:34pm
Been reading about ceramic sealants that claim to bring shine and brilliance back to an old finish. After years of serious oxidation on my 89’ SN, I’ve had to remove decals, wet- sand (some areas all the way to 400 grit), then work my way back up to 1200 grit, then compound, polish, and wax (using high speed polisher). Oxidation is gone and gel coat is significantly better but still not getting the showroom shine that I’m looking for. Ceramic sealants seem to be very expensive, at least the ones I’ve seen. Any more economical suggestions out there on what I should use? Thanks in advance!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic