NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BKH First Day "Back"

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BKH First Day "Back"
    Posted: August-06-2006 at 8:28pm
Today was my first day back in the boat since back surgery. Might not sound like a big deal, but considering that 8 weeks ago, the Doctors told me I was looking at paralysis, it's a pretty big moral victory. Probably won't be able to ski/wakeboard till next year, but it was great to be back on the water again.

My thanks again to so many of you who posted well wishes, sent emails, and even telephoned me to wish my wife and I the best. BKH

Livin' the Dream

69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2006 at 8:58pm
BKH:

I haven't been around here very long, and did not know you were facing surgery. You have helped me out quite a few times - mostly from reading previous posts - and I thank you for that.

Glad to see you are back in the saddle again!

Mike
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2006 at 9:09pm
praise be!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2006 at 9:39pm
Brian
I was grinning ear to ear while reading this post and seeing the first picture . Then I saw that second picture and thought...Ouch. Then I noticed you need to get a little sun on that lilly white back of yours.
Glad your feeling better!
Scott
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2006 at 9:44pm
Hey great to hear you're doing well and continue to improve.

Best Wishes

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2006 at 9:50pm
Brian: Loved the smile in the first pic, the look of a man with his hand on the throttle. Love the shirt dude. Those are the only ones I wear to Church anymore, NO ties!

I was taken aback and lost my smile when I saw the second pic. But I am glad you did so we could all see what you were up against. And kinda proud that you felt "comfortable" sharing that with all the guys who care about you here.

Hope your lovely wife is doing just fine. I bet she had a sweet smile on when you were able to fire up that C/C.

LOL, I know me and mrs jbear will continue to pray for your speedy recovery and for that Blessed event coming along in a couple of months. Sorry this got so long. Shoulda maybe just called ya!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2006 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by scott8370 scott8370 wrote:

Brian
Then I noticed you need to get a little sun on that lilly white back of yours.
Glad your feeling better!

Yeah. Looking at that photo a hair transplant or a hat wouldn't hurt either.

Jbear. Hope that photo of the scar didn't scare anyone. To us it's looking pretty good now. Just another battle scar.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2006 at 11:26pm
I couldn't say anything about your hair, and think it was funny. You have twice as much as me
Scott
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 8:41am
Brian,
I couldn't be happier for you. There is nothing as theraputic as driving a boat. And, now you can look forward to skiing again--that's good motivation to get well! I know you must be very grateful. I am prayerful for your full recovery; you have a lot of great days ahead of you with that new one on the way.
Chuck
P.S. Mrs. Lake has recovered well enought to take a couple of short cruises.
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 9:17am
Brain.... Way to go man !!!! It was only a matter of time.. Glad to see that there were no further complications, or it looks that way anyway !!

Congrats!!!!

Dave

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 10:10am
Funny just how much you appreciate just being on the boat after something takes you out for a while. Congrats and keep on truckin'
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 11:59am
Congrats Brian, I know how good it feels to get in the boat after winter, your situation has to feel 10x sweeter. Hope the rest of the road goes well.

Kurt

(anybody else think that BKH mildly resembles Kevin Costner? That is the first thing I thought of at Green Lake)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

(anybody else think that BKH mildly resembles Kevin Costner? That is the first thing I thought of at Green Lake)

You know, back in my single days, I heard that from a few women. Usually followed by a a comment from one of my "friends" - "Yeah, a fat Kevin Costner." BKH
Livin' the Dream

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 12:37pm
Glad you're up and around, Brian! Enjoy your boat.

Ken
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 2:34pm
I didnt know Kevin Costner had a scar on his back!?!

Glad to see you back in your boat, must feel great!
David Adams View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 2:51pm
Great to see the smile!!! Hope your recovery is 1000%
1974 Mustang
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 2:57pm
BKH - Congrats & wishing you a full recovery!
Remember - Chicks dig scars!
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 3:16pm
congrats man! enjoy the water :)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
SMay81SN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMay81SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 3:28pm
Love the pic Brian, glad your back in the saddle. Wish you the best with the up coming birth!
Scott
Our 94 SN
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 3:47pm
YOu would think that I would have known about your surgery (or back issues) considering how much time I spend on this forum, but I did not even know you had surgery.

I am glad to know that you recovered well as I hate to think that the forum's biggest trivia buff would have had to sell his boat and then not have a reason to visit the site. Whew!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 6:03pm
Way to go bud, You're looking pretty happy right there. Looks like all the tubes are out too. How's Momma doing?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 6:34pm
Chuck, great news that your wife is doing well, these things aren't easy.

DavidF, thanks for the kind note. If it weren't for trivia, I wouldn't have much to add. You guys all have me beat when it comes to knowledge about fixin' these boats.

Moj/81. No further complications so far. Start PT in 10 days. Amazing how fast your back and arm muscles atrophy. I lost 21 lbs, and I assure you not much of it is around my middle. My wife is doing great, especially since she no longer has to get up in the middle of the night to give me IVs.

No way they're taking boating away from me. If it won't cripple me, I'm out there. My daughter won't even be born until November, and I'm already counting the time till I can teach her to ski. BKH
Livin' the Dream

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 7:32pm
Brian

Congrats on being back. Hope the worst is far, far behind you.

Rob
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 11:04pm
Brian,
Glad to see you in a shirt collar instead of a neck support collar!.. Better yet the second pic with no collar is the best! ... love that smile!

Say Hi to the other half...err...3/4..for us!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic