NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Louder Exhaust

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Dee Dee wrote:

I need some help. Changed plugs, wires, rotor and cap and have been upside down and backwards all day my boat turns over but won't fire. GT40

"dee" or whatever! (fill in your profile-most here go by first names rather than screen names!!)

You need to tell use more. Did it run before? What year GT40? Why wires cap and rotor?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Dee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 10:26pm
1998 Sport Nautique 147 original hours. I've had a skip under a load only between 1500 and 2500 rpm. Was told to change fuel filter first. Did that no change. Was told to change wires, plugs, cap and rotor. Did that, had a rough skip in it like wire wasn't on right plug. Changed that and still ran rough. Pulled back out of the water and last night went over the firing order, wires, where number one wire should be made sure on compression stroke you name it. I also checked safety cut off which basically cuts power to fuel pump. All is right from what I'm seeing will turn and turn and almost acts like its flooded. Never heard of a fuel injected motor flooding?
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 2:28am
I do not know this engine well but most EFI motors have some form of a pressure regulator can cause a flooding issue if ruptured internally.A picture of the motor could help ?
thatdude596 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatdude596 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 7:45pm
would replacing the 4" exhaust hose with a ss pipe make much difference?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by thatdude596 thatdude596 wrote:

would replacing the 4" exhaust hose with a ss pipe make much difference?

I did it and it .now it has a deeper tone..and little louder...
But really not much difference though

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic