Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot Borrowed From CCF

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot Borrowed From CCF
    Posted: August-01-2006 at 2:42pm
Looks like another ebay scam. Also looks like it was "borrowed" from CCF.

Barefoot scam
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2006 at 3:37pm
What an a-hole. Barefoot /= 454
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2006 at 4:09pm
I don't get it. Do this guy try to sell somebody a boat he doesn't own? How would he get the money?

Ken
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2006 at 4:15pm
This same boat was up last month with no reserve, Private sale. I put a bid on it and emailed the seller, no response and it got delisted the next day.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2006 at 4:36pm
I've been looking at that boat in the Sale section here for a couple of months, just can't justify the purchase.
When I was scrolling through ebay today I knew right off where I'd seen it. After reading the info with the listing I thought I'd let others know.

Ken apparently what these clowns do is offer you this boat at a great price and get you to send a wire transfer to secure a deposit. Once you send the money it's over.

I was recently a hi bidder on some Honda jet skis, but reserve was not met. They were local and I had already contacted the owner, and decided not to pursue. Two days before the auction ended I was contacted via email that the "owner" was willing to accept my hi bid. I actually let it play out for a few days via email trying to generate enough info for ebay to locate this clown. Although I haven't heard anything I aquired a name address and yet another email to help ebay.

It's seems to me that theives are just getting lazy. d
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2006 at 4:44pm
Unbelievable. That's pretty low. Buyer beware I guess. I always worry about sweet heart deals....like that 1987 Nautique, 187 hours for $7,000. Guess we'll never find out about that sale.

Ken
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2006 at 11:20pm
Isaw this boat on ebay last month also . SoI emaild the guy to find out if he had the t*tle to the boat and the trailer . He wrote me back saying (what do you mean by t*tle ?) What a freaking idiot!!!!

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2006 at 12:04am
Many of these scammers are located outside the country. I saw a piece on 60 Minutes (or one of those news shows) about just such a scam out of Nigeria. They showed about 50 men and women putting the scam into play at an internet cafe. Each individual might have hundreds in play. If they get even one, that's more money than they would make doing labor in Nigeria in an entire year. Most of the scams purport to have a foreign owner who is away and the poster is acting as the agent, or they tell you that the boat/car/whatever is overseas, and will be shipped to you. They then ask for 10 or 20% deposit, and or ask you to pre-pay for the cost of shipping. In general they don't know anything about the boat, car, etc. They copy an existing add, and attempt to fill in the data. Ebay will pull the adds almost immediately, if they are notified. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic