Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carb

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dsquad13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsquad13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carb
    Posted: May-18-2017 at 10:15pm
So the plugs in the sides of my float bowls are leaking, so I was told I should replace both float bowl assemblies. number stamped into the carb is 6R7072B and the list number is 802650221. What do I need to look for when purchasing new ones? where can I buy replacements? any information would be great
dippin' hip, and throwin' walls
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2017 at 10:33pm
your list number is really R80265 and here are links to 4160 marine fuel bowls that fit your carburetor.

primary bowl

secondary bowl

Plenty of people have epoxied those plugs with good results by the way.

dsquad13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsquad13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2017 at 10:38pm
Thanks KENO....someone already attempted to epoxy the plugs, but they still drip
dippin' hip, and throwin' walls
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2017 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by dsquad13 dsquad13 wrote:

Thanks KENO....someone already attempted to epoxy the plugs, but they still drip

Time to spend some money then I guess
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2017 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by dsquad13 dsquad13 wrote:

Then, I'd have to say the prep was poor or even non existent! A good cleaning and abrading before the epoxy works even if you use JB weld!!    I suggest you grind the epoxy out and try again before spending close to the $100.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2017 at 10:58pm
You're sounding like a backyard hack (to use your terminology) Pete.

It's what I would try but I'd use some other epoxy like Devcon

That's cuz Pete don't like JB Weld  

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2017 at 6:27am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

You're sounding like a backyard hack (to use your terminology) Pete.

It's what I would try but I'd use some other epoxy like Devcon

Ken,
Please note that I did not use JB and stated that even it will work. I actually had a syringe of Lord aluminum filled left over from another project.
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

the epoxy works even if you use JB weld!! .

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2017 at 11:58am
Getting back to our regularly scheduled programming...... Dsquad 13 one thing you could also order is a new fuel transfer tube linked below from Summit also

fuel transfer tube

It's not so much the tube, but the 2 rubber seals that make it so much easier to get things back together without having an O ring leak on the original style tubes.

Almost impossible to screw these things up and for you Pete it's worth every penny that it costs no matter who's money is being spent

In case anybody's wondering what these plugs look like here's a picture of one removed from the bowl. You'll notice that there's an O ring in there that develops a leak and it's not really the typical "welch plug" that it's commonly described as.

Impossible to get out without ruining the plug doing it by the way

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic