NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pot Metsl Repair

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Colint View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pot Metsl Repair
    Posted: December-06-2016 at 6:35pm
Anyone ever seen or had and experience with muddy weld?
http://muggyweld.com/pot-metal-repair
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2016 at 6:50pm
Colin,
Do you have a repair in mind? If so,what is it and is it truly "pot" metal?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Colint View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2016 at 6:56pm
It's the side brackets for the 60's split windshields. This isn't mine but a picture from the site.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2016 at 6:59pm
Colin,
Is your bracket broken or are you just wanting to remove pits? If pitted, a good plater can remove pits. BTW, it's not pot metal but rather a zine die casting.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2016 at 7:38pm
Wasn't there a 70's rock band named Pot Metal?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Colint View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2016 at 7:44pm
It's cracked where the rear screw is. Also pitted but I knew the plater could fix that.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2016 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Don't know anything about that Chris but when Cousin Donald was just starting out in the early 80's that was his stage name I believe. I'm sure he can fill us in on all the lurid details.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2016 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Colint Colint wrote:

It's cracked where the rear screw is. .

I don't feel the Muggyweld repair will do much for strength with it having such a low melting point. Give it a try but, if you do plan on sending it to the platter, talk to him first since it may not plate very well.

Wasn't a member fabricating some out of brass not long ago? That sure would be the route I'd go.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2016 at 10:06pm
It's worth a try. Says on their web site that it is plate able. No strength is needed for that part,it is nothing more than a trim piece to cover the windshield end. You can also see how I ran the lower gasket and used the thru bolt to keep it from sliding back from under the trim like the one in the last pic

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Colint View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2016 at 11:57pm
Thanks for the tips. The pictures help a lot. My window frame is also broken. I have found someone that can weld the piece back on. Those brackets looks great. Hope I can a get that out of mine.
Colint View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2016 at 11:58pm
I did see the brass ones but that may be beyond what I can do myself.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2016 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Don't know anything about that Chris but when Cousin Donald was just starting out in the early 80's that was his stage name I believe. I'm sure he can fill us in on all the lurid details.

Gary,
You are close but back in the 80's when I was a younger Chippendale some of the ladies would call me HOT POCKETS !!!! Then they would lick their Lips. The rest we can not talk about on a family friendly web-site.   

When Quinner goes out on Saturday nights looking for a date he calls it POT LUCK . We also can not speak about that on a family friendly web-site.

As far as Colin's question goes, I am a worker of female flesh not a metal worker.

Sorry,

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2016 at 1:26pm

that's what my friend called his pipe.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic