Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Original Correct Craft Molds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
coreytread View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2006 at 8:05pm
I would like to see some changes but not at the risk of ending up with a crappy reproduction of a SN. I do love the new correct craft line and in a couple of years 2 I hope will be buying a 196 or 206. The older centurion boats and malibus I know nothing about we always have had correct craft boats.

alalor1, you make very good points about sales and marketing.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2006 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by alalor1 alalor1 wrote:

CC tried for a while to be in both markets, the built the American Skier for a few years, didn't work out and sold it.

Point of clarification. CC did not sell-off the American Skier. American Skier was a model of CC boats which ran for several years. The American Skier Boat company was a separate company. BKH
Livin' the Dream

alalor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alalor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2006 at 2:54am
OK, I am sorry about my mistake with the American Skier.
1st. Law of Economics: For every economist, there's an equal and
opposite economist.
2nd. Law of Economics: They are both wrong

I'd rather be sailing ~~~_/)
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2006 at 10:04am

OK, I am sorry about my mistake with the American Skier.

No need to apologize. It's all good. Some of the boat companies do sell off old molds. For instance, the early Tige' hulls were an old Centurion mold. Perhaps CC has even done this at one time or another, though I'm not aware of that. BKH
Livin' the Dream

alalor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alalor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2006 at 11:02am
Hello,
As far as I know, Mr. Pigeon designed the first Tige, and had Fineline Industries build the boats for him for a few years on the same factory as they built the centurions, he did not use a centurion design. He eventually made his own factory in Abilene, TX, which is kind of ironic because it is desert, very little water around.
opposite economist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2006 at 11:31am
What's with all this Tige talk? I'm about to lose my breakfast.
alalor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alalor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2006 at 12:03pm
Drink a glass of water with two teaspoons of baking soda and your breakfast will settle down.
Don't forget that the idea for the Hydrogate came from that company in Abilene. Charlie had to put trim tabs because the boat porpoised too much, and he could not afford a new mold. His idea of converting a design flaw into a marketing tool was something to be admired. Similar issue with the nautiques, the hull with the v channel in the middle is a little too agressive for slalom, and though it keeps the boat straight in the course, the wake is a little too big according to some skiers. But that turned out to be a hull that made a big rampy wake at 20-22 mph, and later on, some people started liking that, a lot actually, use your imagination...
opposite economist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2006 at 12:48pm
Actually alalor1, that is not quite right. The hydrogate and trim tabs are very different in purpose and design. (FYI, Supra was actually using trim tabs on their Comp TSM's in the mid 80's- long before Tige was around.) The 97-2001 TSC hull on the Ski Nautique has the "V" you mention, as all CC's since the 2001 hull do- and I dont think you will find anyone complaining about that slalom wake. The 2002-2004 TSC2 hulls didnt have the hydrogate either- and the slalom wake behind those boats are arguably even better. The addition of the hydrogate saw the removal of a small lip on the edge of the transom aft of the rudder. I believe the hydrogate is intended to be down while in slalom, but up while pulling trick. At lower speeds the wake is supposed to have more definition.

In short, the hydrogate was designed to improve the wake shape for certain events, not correct a design flaw with the hull.
alalor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alalor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2006 at 1:13pm
Oops, I am sorry, I guess I didn't make it clear. I meant that the Tige had the design flaw, not the SV211, which was designed to have the Hydrogate. I just implied that the success of the Tige and Supra inspired CC to come up with the Hydrogate, which although it is not a trim tab, it also serves the purpose of adjusting the flow of the water at the transom and therefore regulating the downward forces and wake shape. Volvo now switched to a design similar to the hydrogate instead of trim tabs for the big boats, but it uses 2 plates, one on each side and they are electric.
Supras and Ski Supremes (both designs of George Fowler), had an adjustable plate to adjust the wake, but it was a manual adjustment, basically, you have to take the boat out of the water to adjust it, and the adjustment is very limited.
I think we agree, I had not been clear enough.
opposite economist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 8:58am

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 9:09am
I was just gonna make a comment about how either on here or @ planet nautique sometime last year someone came up with those pictures of what look like CC's which would lead one to believe that they do sell their Molds...
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 9:14am
I still don't think they sell their molds. I think these clowns worked backwards.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 9:29am
Hey Tim (or whoever was curious): Look at the last picture...it has dual exhaust. Must be enough space for the pipe to clear the tiller inboard of the main stringer.

On closer inspection, it sure looks like a pre '95 or '94 mold, but the windsheild looks all wrong. Notice how the base of the windsheild wings sits atop a raised portion of the deck. I do not think the SN's have this...my '93 SN does not. So, a little change done to the CC mold perhaps.
alalor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alalor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 10:14am
These boats are made by Astillero Victoria, in Córdoba, Argentina. The bad rumors are that they got a nautique that somebody took to have repaired and used it as a plug to make a mold. This year they came up with a bigger model with open bow, which is probably their own creation, size doesn't match any of the nautiques as far as I can see.
opposite economist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 10:16am

Hello,
As far as I know, Mr. Pigeon designed the first Tige, and had Fineline Industries build the boats for him for a few years on the same factory as they built the centurions, he did not use a centurion design. He eventually made his own factory in Abilene, TX, which is kind of ironic because it is desert, very little water around.

You may be right, I'm not a Tige' afficianodo. The early Tiges certainly looked like a Centurion Falcon, and I'd heard from several sources that it was the case. Still, ICBW. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 10:20am

These boats are made by Astillero Victoria, in Córdoba, Argentina. The bad rumors are that they got a nautique that somebody took to have repaired and used it as a plug to make a mold.

Rumor?

Argentina...Europe, all the same to me. It's not North America.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 10:34am
A waterski mag article highlighting South American skiing showed the MC clones down there called "Master Boat". Looked like a sad representation of the 91-94 MC PS190.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 11:08am
Originally posted by David F David F wrote:

Hey Tim (or whoever was curious): Look at the last picture...it has dual exhaust. Must be enough space for the pipe to clear the tiller inboard of the main stringer.

On closer inspection, it sure looks like a pre '95 or '94 mold, but the windsheild looks all wrong. Notice how the base of the windsheild wings sits atop a raised portion of the deck. I do not think the SN's have this...my '93 SN does not. So, a little change done to the CC mold perhaps.

Good catch David. Ill have to play around with clearances to see if I can come up with something to run a dual exhaust. It does look like the 90-93 mold to me, with slight changes around the windshield.
alalor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alalor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 11:41am
Looks like some people here are a little geographically challenged...
opposite economist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 11:51am
I like the next to last picture. Looks like the boat is just out on the lake, but the trailer is still under it! Good thing there was not a truck attached to it.
Greg

86 BFN
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 3:08pm
yeah i mean the hull looks close.. definitely not exact, & i did notice the windshield before, is completely off, but these are definitely interesting...
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
mars88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mars88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2006 at 1:05am
Anyone else notice that the interior pics dont show a ski pylon? just an obseration!
mars
alalor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alalor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2006 at 9:52am
The pylon must be an option, because if you go to their web site and check the "Ski Victoria" you will see that it does have a pylon, now the air model doesn't. Or maybe those pictures are of an air model before they installed the tower. www.astillerovictoria.com.ar
opposite economist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mckin007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mckin007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2006 at 12:25pm
Hey I'll do the marketing and all your PR photos and video! How great would that be!
nautique girl
alalor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alalor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 12:14am
Hello mckin
I am sorry, I am not involved with that boat builder at all. I just come from the same country. But I haven't been to the place where the boats are made, or even to that province in over 10 years. I found out about them online last year.
You could contact them if you want.
Might be a good business opportunity.
opposite economist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
XFooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XFooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2006 at 11:06am
Well... I visited Mid-Atlantic Correct Craft here in Speculator NY this week. They said the price of a new bare bones Ski Nautique 196 was just shy of $40,000.00 without trailer.

Having heard that any plans of owning a brand new Correct Craft quickly vanished from my thoughts.

However... If they were to bring back a modern day build of the '78-'79 era 16ft Ski Tique or Ski Nautique 179 for say $15,000 - $20,000 (for us fiscally challenged) that might be a do-able thing for me...

That having been said... I'll probably just hold on to old paint- Paid for! :-)
XFooter
Lake Pleasant/Speculator, NY
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2006 at 11:11am
The thread is alive again!

The best kind of boat are the ones that are paid for! $40+ would be put towards a new home for me, not a boat....unless I lived in FL.

Ken
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2006 at 3:32pm
Gotta be somewhat discouraging to pay $40,000(+) and have a 40 year old boat jump you out of the hole and on top end...of course we give away all the creature comforts and a whole lot of room.

I would be interested in a ~82 2001 hull with TPI motor. How 'bout an early wooden hull with new power plant and accessories?

RB
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2006 at 9:08pm
$40k. That is why this forum is alive and well.   
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2006 at 9:17pm
    Good thread Ken!! Good thoughts!!! If they were to do something like this it might hurt the LOW END competition.

The "average" non-pro skier, would buy the NEW CC CLa$$IC, as they wouldnt spend 40K for a 196.

Jeff..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic