Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1971 Skier is it AWSA approved?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mustan6518 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustan6518 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1971 Skier is it AWSA approved?
    Posted: May-23-2004 at 5:36pm
I have a 1971 skier and am trying to find out if it is awsa approved. I live on a private ski late and lately some of the members are freaking out that i do not have an awsa approved boat on the water. Im just trying to see if anyone know if it is aprroved or not for sure thanks for the help    Adam
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2004 at 11:45am
Some people - - - - Just tell them it is and let them prove you wrong. What are they going to do? Throw you off the lake? I'd love to see the covenants on that.

Of course this is all predicated on the idea that AWSA ever "approved" any boat. As I understand it, the AWSA decal on the Nautiques simply indicated that Correct Craft was a member of AWSA, not that the boat was "approved".
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
marks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2004 at 2:46pm
Any experts please feel free to correct me, but I don't believe the AWSA started testing boats until the early 80s. As for the other members, if their boat is more than 4 years old, its no longer sanctioned either.

mustan6518 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustan6518 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2004 at 4:22pm
Thanks for the info everyone    
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2004 at 1:54pm
The neighbors are jealous of the sound!

Give them more of it!

Neither of my CC's are USCG or AWSA Approved and I looked at the AWSA Web Site and it didn't look like they approve boats at all.

I'm no expert, but I have seen a few sink. The 600 lbs of tranny, engine and hardware aren't offset by a lot of flotation.

Game Wardens stop us at times, check for a horn, fire extinguisher, beer, boat seat etc....asked me to pull up the hood and I thougth I was had...lot of tricky marine regulations...but he just said "Cool".
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic