Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Guy, First Boat, 1987 SN2001

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
edwardsjr1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardsjr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Guy, First Boat, 1987 SN2001
    Posted: August-17-2016 at 5:24pm
Hello,

I finally bought my first boat. I've been looking for a deal on an 2001 for years! I have a couple questions..

Is a seat slider aftermarket? My boat doesn't seem to have one; i'm 5'6 and its tight even for me! Also, My buddy has the same boat with a bench in the rear, my boat has a storage box in the middle... any idea where I can get a bench from?

Im sure ill have more questions as tim goes on.. Heres a pic of my beauty.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardsjr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2016 at 5:30pm
will this fit on an older boat?

http://www.nautiqueparts.com/driversseatslidecomplete.aspx

bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2016 at 5:51pm
Love the swing set!
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2016 at 5:53pm
Need to see what your seat looks like. Your should have these installed (seat tracks midway down page):

Christine's hardware link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardsjr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2016 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by rebel skier rebel skier wrote:

Need to see what your seat looks like. Your should have these installed (seat tracks midway down page):

Im almost positive I do not have rails. I will get a pic tonight. Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardsjr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2016 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by bwinn bwinn wrote:

Love the swing set!

definitely wouldn't be my choice but Ill take it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardsjr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 11:43am
Originally posted by rebel skier rebel skier wrote:

Here is the seat. Will that slider kit work?

-Jon
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 11:49am
Somebody has been monkeying with that boat. Not an original seat base set up. Neither is the rear "box". Post more pics and we can ID the "improvements" a previous owner made.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 12:18pm
That's an Indianapolis drivers seat conversion for the vertically challenged it's also not politically correct Tim to use the term monkeying,the now accepted term is hacked. Monkeys did not like being singled out
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardsjr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

That's an Indianapolis drivers seat conversion for the vertically challenged it's also not politically correct Tim to use the term monkeying,the now accepted term is hacked. Monkeys did not like being singled out

so what do I need to convert it back to fit normal size humans??
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 1:09pm
I suggest the removal of the "tower" and getting a FlyHigh. This would be just as functional and much much more aesthetically appealing πŸ‘
This is the life
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 1:18pm
you would have originally had all this
http://www.nautiqueparts.com/driversseatbasecomplete.aspx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardsjr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

I suggest the removal of the "tower" and getting a FlyHigh. This would be just as functional and much much more aesthetically appealing πŸ‘

I'm a fan of the monster tower, It's round, doesn't look like a mad max boat.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardsjr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

you would have originally had all this
http://www.nautiqueparts.com/driversseatbasecomplete.aspx

So I cant retrofit the seat rail kit onto what I currently have?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 2:13pm
we cannot answer that. your picture sucks, nobody knows what you have.
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by edwardsjr1 edwardsjr1 wrote:

Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

I'm a fan of the monster tower, It's round, doesn't look like a mad max boat.

X2 on a Fly High

It's your boat, but Monster Towers are Fugly IMO.
1989 Ski Nautique 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardsjr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 2:28pm

I will take a less sucky one
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 2:39pm
Monster towers are so fugly that what is on there now would look better!!

Extended pylons or if you really want a tower look at New Dimensions FCT clone.

For the back seat, custom fab something or look for someone parting one out and buy the back seat.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by edwardsjr1 edwardsjr1 wrote:

So I cant retrofit the seat rail kit onto what I currently have?

Hollywood showed all the components that came with the stock seat set-up. Until you post a picture of what that current shock absorber seat pole is mounted to, we cannot recommend what parts you'll need to get her back to original.

At the very least, you'll need everything in his pic aside from the black square seat base (assuming you already have the base in the boat).

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 3:11pm
looks like he has the fiberglass pedestal, albeit backwards lol

from what I can tell now he needs the cone washers, some nuts & bolts, and then just the sliders.

if you're really that short you can shim the sliders with some square tubing between the fiberglass pedestal and the tracks.

seems like the cone washers primarily got the tracks off the pedestal so you could grasp the adjusting lever
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 4:06pm
well... you have a boat...

if you remove the swingset... you can move the bimini up so it actually shades the driver and observer.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 6:04pm
Go to the Christines link above and there is a photo gallery. You can look at the interiors of late 80s like yours. If you like what you see, borrow your buddies rear bench seat long enough to copy the plywood base. Then contact Christines and they will send you skins that will just staple on and your rear seat will be in the style of the delux interior your boat came with.

Welcome aboard. Hope you really enjoy your 2001.

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 10:14am
Really not that important to have exactly what came from factory IMO. (sorry Pete) Just needs to be safe & functional.

Quick search result:
Sliders
β€œBeer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardsjr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 11:25am

Here a re hopefully some less sucky pics.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 11:30am
so you've got the fiberglass pedestal (backwards, it should slant rearward) and also the aluminum plates, that's it...

get some sliders then shim/washer it to taste
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

That's an Indianapolis drivers seat conversion for the vertically challenged

It sure looks like the Indy conversion!
Edward,
Do you remember the sellers first name?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 11:39am
Zach may be interested in your old mount. I heard it's getting harder to find the real fat telephone books now a days    

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardsjr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 12:10pm

so you've got the fiberglass pedestal (backwards, it should slant rearward) and also the aluminum plates, that's it...

get some sliders then shim/washer it to taste

so this would work?

spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Quick search result:
Sliders

SNobsessed beat me to the punch. My sliders were really rusty and I got these exact ones linked. They work great.
-Spiral
'89 Sport Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 12:52pm
Jon,

I want to see a pic of what they did to the back of the boat when you have a chance. I am wondering if what you called a storage box is some kind of poor mans ballast tank that they filled with water for weight.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic