Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It's been an EXHAUSTING day . . .

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
GMacLaren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMacLaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's been an EXHAUSTING day . . .
    Posted: August-27-2015 at 9:45pm

-=Grant MacLaren=-
Retired Expert
http://www.grantmaclaren.com/72skier
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 10:06pm
Good days work
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 11:36pm
Looking great Grant.   I like the white engine and the spatter finish. BUT if you're going to keep the rudder quick-release, you should flip the control arm over. Those Q/R cable ends were not really fail safe. They were a neat piece of hardware, but they did come loose at the worst times.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 11:48pm
Grant,
Looking great!

I do have a couple questions. Why didn't you run the exhaust hose all the way back to the thru hulls at the transom. Is there a size transition I'm not seeing? Even though you used the T bolt hose clamps, every joint added is just another potential leak. Why the hump hose at the thru hull?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
GMacLaren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMacLaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2015 at 12:53am
I'm leaving town in the morning. Will be back on-line next week.
The spatter was due to a misunderstanding by a friend helping with 'glassing. It will be covered with carpet like my Resorter
The exhaust manifold outlets are 2.5", the thru-hull fittings are 3", hence the SS transitions swedged by a friend's grandson who does truck exhausts. I wanted a good solid connection in that hard-to-reach location under the fuel tank, hence the humps. Steering and Morse Controls have been completely rebuilt. new throttle and shift cables with new end fittings. 3 or 4 more days of work, then maybe launch in 3 or 4 weeks.
BTW, my daughter sold the American Skier to a buyer on Clinton Lake, KS. It's the one we took on the ACBS St. John's River tour this year. Somebody got a good boat!
No more "Replys" from here for a few days.
-=Grant MacLaren=-
Retired Expert
http://www.grantmaclaren.com/72skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic