Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rear Exhaust hoses Southwind

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
A Dopo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Dopo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear Exhaust hoses Southwind
    Posted: August-26-2015 at 8:33pm
Greetings, just got a 74 Southwind and love it, Nice sound, good speed and handling, good condition for it's age.

1-How do you lift out the rear seat to get to the tank and exhaust hoses?

2-These appear to go under the floorboard. Any idea on how long these are and how to get at them?

3-Where do you buy parts?

4-I cannot find any meaningful information on here or the net about the Southwind. Any links would help. It's such a cool boat, great sound, good ride, classic looks. Jumps out of the hole with he 250hp and takes waves well with the deep v. Great boat.

Thanks!
A Dopo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Dopo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 8:36pm
Also, how do you post pics? No offense to the owner/moderator, but this format seems dated compared to Ferrrichat and some of the other forum formats out there..

1-How do you post pictures?

2-I could have sworn I was on a site that had boats by model, but cannot locate that again. Seems there was a older or classic section. Anyone seen this?
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 8:49pm
To post pictures:

1) Save your picture(s) to your desktop of folder on your hard drive

2) Click the Image Upload icon

3) Click "Choose File" go to the location of the file you want to upload and select it. Click OK when finished.

4) You will see some HTML code in your reply box. You will not see the image. To preview your post and the image click preview at the bottow of your reply box.

To view any type of boat that is part of this site use the Diaries link at the top of the page.

Once there enter the model you want to search for and click Search. There are 11 pages of Southwinds in the Diaries section

If money can't buy happiness, explain beer and boats.
A Dopo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Dopo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by a0128 a0128 wrote:

To post pictures:

1) Save your picture(s) to your desktop of folder on your hard drive

2) Click the Image Upload icon

3) Click "Choose File" go to the location of the file you want to upload and select it. Click OK when finished.

4) You will see some HTML code in your reply box. You will not see the image. To preview your post and the image click preview at the bottow of your reply box.

To view any type of boat that is part of this site use the Diaries link at the top of the page.

Once there enter the model you want to search for and click Search. There are 11 pages of Southwinds in the Diaries section

Thanks!
A Dopo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Dopo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 10:15pm
Here are a few pictures I took with my phone of the boat and rig. The seller still cannot understand why we wanted a 5500 old boat! Love it.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 10:33pm
Congrats on your 74 Southwind, outstanding choice of model and year! (haha)

Great boats. I liked my brothers 72 so much, I bought a 74. Sorry, had a new tank and interior when I bought it so never needed to take seat out,. I doubt yours is same anyway.

Thermo-Electron engine conversion? Get those photos up......

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 10:47pm
let me guess:,,,,,

Bought it off a used car lot in Hartwell who was selling it for the family of the deceased owner.....

I took a bunch of photos of it in Sept 2014,. If you did get it there, other than the old-style top, it's been sitting out in the weather uncovered for over a year at the least. No negativity intended at all, just a bit of history so you are aware.

An unmolested original, glad someone finally bought it.

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
A Dopo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Dopo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

let me guess:,,,,,

Bought it off a used car lot in Hartwell who was selling it for the family of the deceased owner.....

I took a bunch of photos of it in Sept 2014,. If you did get it there, other than the old-style top, it's been sitting out in the weather uncovered for over a year at the least. No negativity intended at all, just a bit of history so you are aware.

An unmolested original, glad someone finally bought it.

That's so funny! I had to smile. I purchased it from a gentleman who said he got it from an estate, long time 40 year owner, and had the paperwork to prove it. lol. What where they asking for it? Let me guess...3200? Of course he may have just said something like, it comes from a single ownership with the original paperwork....The boat other than needing a good buffing, is in good shape and the period looking upholstery is in great condition and I actually like the old style top.. And heck it may blowup but if it does off to pcm or Carolina Machine Engines in Johnston, SC. There is some spider webbing on the bottom chimes, but so what, I can't see that and it will not stay in the water. My guess is lots of boats of this vintage that were used on big lakes will have this issue.
A Dopo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Dopo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 11:06pm
So you boast on Lake Hartwell?
A Dopo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Dopo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 11:07pm
We are just at exit 19B Clemson (Go Tigers!) near the corn maze.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 11:38pm
It's called a navy top,still made today. Just not seen much now because everyone wanting to be different from everyone else all buy bimini's
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 12:48am
I've been to CME in Johnston, impressive shop.

So....curious, ..is it a Thermo-Electron like mine? If it's unmolested there should be a little metal ID tag attached.

Only photos I could find are from Manifold Repair Day back in 2011. No tag visible in photos so of little value, but thought I'd post 'em anyway

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 12:51am
actually, on second look, you can see the tag location on the aft end
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
A Dopo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Dopo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 7:45pm
About the tag, I think I know what you are talking about perhaps. There is one that was saved from the old engine when it was repowered. It has a Jasper marine 350 now, so I assume you are talking about the original engine that your boat has? Love those elder brock valve covers! Old school
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 8:42pm
Oh, Re powered. I thought since the rest of it was original the engine was too. I was just curious, nobody ever talks about thermos on the site, so I was guessing since same model and year yours had one too. PO put the edelbrocks on, not sure what else may have been done at the time, but I'd guess it wasn't just for looks.....
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 8:45pm
Wait a minute....when you were talking about someday blowing the motor I thought you were talking about the original. How old is the Jasper?
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
A Dopo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Dopo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 11:35pm
Its about 230 hours but not sure about the year. Would have to check out the paperwork.
Southwind 20 1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southwind 20 1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2015 at 11:34pm
I have a 1977 Southwind. The rear seat should pop upward. Try applying pressure to the front of the seat in a upward movement. This should break the connection. Then pull it forward and lift the entire seat bottom out. Hope that woks for you.
Southwind 20 1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southwind 20 1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2015 at 11:46pm
Parts: www.mycorrectcraftparts.com/‎
www.christinesmarine.com/‎
www.go2marine.com/.../pleasurecraft-inboard-engine-parts.html‎
Irydslow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irydslow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Southwind 20 1959 Southwind 20 1959 wrote:

I have a 1977 Southwind. The rear seat should pop upward. Try applying pressure to the front of the seat in a upward movement. This should break the connection. Then pull it forward and lift the entire seat bottom out. Hope that woks for you.

X2! The back seat pulls up. But you'll need to lift the floor to get total access to the mufflers unless you have a cut out that allows decent access by the transom.

I have a '78 Southwind 20. I agree with you! I love this boat! I brought her back to life after sitting for years in my driveway. I love bringing the kids tubing off of her. I can't agree with you more about the sound and the the way they ride...classic!
78 Correct Craft Southwind 20
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Irydslow Irydslow wrote:

I love bringing the kids tubing off of her.!

Certainly you jest!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Irydslow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irydslow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 10:06am
This was last night....

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 10:21am

This was last night....

Chris,
I'm very disappointed and sorry to hear that you participate in such a asinine activity.
Get the kids out on the water

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 10:58am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

This was last night....

Chris,
I'm very disappointed and sorry to hear that you participate in such a asinine activity.
Get the kids out on the water

Aw C'mon Pete, don't beat around the bush, tell us how you really feel.....

Chris: don't mind him. When he was just a wee lad, he was once set adrift in a tube and lost at sea. Despite years of therapy, can't seem to shake his recurrant nightmares.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 11:19am
And, don't get him started on where the ropes are tied to.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 11:28am
This should get good..................

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 11:36am
You can get a decent pair of skis at a garage sale for like $10.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 11:40am
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Al,
Thanks for pointing out the rope problem. I didn't even notice since I was so fixated on the poor kids getting their brains beat out. Enough said since I did such a good job of highjacking this thread!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Irydslow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irydslow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2015 at 5:17pm
LOL! I hope you were trying to be funny....trying...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic