Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1989 SN 2001 platform

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
andyb28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyb28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1989 SN 2001 platform
    Posted: July-01-2015 at 5:16am
Good Morning, I am new to the forum, but have owned a 2001 for quite a while. I am based in the UK and one of the SN dealers recommended I join up here.

Some scumbag stole my boats ski platform and 4 blade prop over the winter. It would seem that a replacement platform for my boat is as rare as hens teeth, so I am thinking about getting one made. Would some kind person please show me a picture of what my platform looked like and what the measurements are, so that I might get a wood shop to make one?

I have no idea which 4 blade prop we had, the boat is only used for Wakeboarding. I guess we could go back to a 3 blade Acme. I need to find somewhere in the UK that sell the Castle nut and key (is that the right name of the nut?).
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2015 at 9:26am
Click on the top of the page for the Correct Craft Fan Store. You will find that the site sells new platforms that look great. They are not tique wood, but it is Jatoba Wood and they perform nicely.

The Acme 540, three blade, is a great upgrade for these boats. However, for Wakeboarding the experts ( I am not) may recommend a different prop (542 ?).   Delta Propeller is a site sponsor and seem to have the best propeller prices. They offer a Correct Craft Fan discount that is on their Banner Ad that you can use at Check Out. If is Discount Code DP5CCF08. Look at the top left hand corner of this screen.

You will be asked what do you do with the boat? Do you more often Water Ski or Wake Board? We have one guy on her (PB) that mostly enjoys tubing, but most on the site find it offensive.

Good luck

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
andyb28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyb28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2015 at 2:23pm
Hi Donald,

I am in the UK and I am not sure its an option to ship them here. Even if it is, its going to be very expensive.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2015 at 2:32pm
a 540 or 542 is too small for an 89 with a reduction transmission.

For wakeboarding you want to look at an Acme 422 or 654 (more weight)
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2015 at 5:59pm
Acme 1442 also works good on a stock '89.

Did you have insurance on the loss?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2015 at 9:00pm
Also 470 for a stock 89 (that is what I run on mine, works very well).
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
andyb28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyb28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2015 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

a 540 or 542 is too small for an 89 with a reduction transmission.

For wakeboarding you want to look at an Acme 422 or 654 (more weight)

Its an 89 2001, not the newer shape. Could you please confirm that the 542 is incorrect?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2015 at 9:30am
Sorry to about your stuff being stolen and I'd love to to smack the guy upside the head with a steel oar for you!

Welcome to the site Andy and yes a 540 0r 542 is NOT the correct prop for your 89 even though it is a 2001 hull design. In 89 Correct Craft went with the 1:1.23 transmission so the guys recommendations is what you need depending on what your use of the boat is going to be.

Welcome to CCFan!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
andyb28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyb28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2015 at 8:08pm
Many thanks guys,

I have emailed Delta Propeller to see if they will ship a prop to the UK for me.

In regards to my other strange request, can anyone offer up some pictures and measurements of a platform for my boat?
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2015 at 2:04pm
My boat is not nearby so I don't have dimensions but here is a picture.

andyb28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyb28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2015 at 4:28pm
Thanks for the picture. If you could get measurements next time you are with your boat, I would be very grateful.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2015 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by desertskier desertskier wrote:

The dog appears to be contemplating the task of how to work a tape measure without opposable thumbs..

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

andyb28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyb28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2015 at 6:16pm
It looks lovely in yellow btw.

Ours is red and was very shiny like that once, but now needs cutting to bring it back to a bright red.
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 12:31am
That picture was a few weeks after I bought it and had just gone through the wet sand and polish process. It still needs decals, pin stripes etc... but I was waiting to see how it did in the Arizona sun before I spent money on cosmetics. The red 2001's look great. I like yellow but it wouldn't have been my first choice.
andyb28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyb28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2015 at 6:04am
Did anyone have any luck getting the dimensions?

I found a local wood workshop that is happy to make me one, but are asking for details I do not have.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2015 at 6:51am
Andy,
I'm curious if the UK still imports Teak. It's banned here in the states but thankfully there are great alternates.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2015 at 9:35am
Teak is banned in US?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2015 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Teak is banned in US?

Bruce,
My choice of wording was bad. I should have said Teak can't be imported anymore. I think it was Tim that found a supplier of recycled Teak if anyone still was the real stuff. They should show up with a search if you are looking. Also, there's still some suppliers that have inventory but, the last time I was at my hardwood supplier they were getting big $$$ for it. If I remember correctly, it was at $18 a B.F.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic