Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

loud SN

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
antique boater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antique boater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 5:09pm
Gary: no, it's not new to me. i've had it for two years and before that an '84 ski nautique that i had for 20 years. and the sport nautique is twice as loud as the ski nautique.
74Wind: it's me that is antique, not my boat.
8122pbrainard: thanks for the welcome! great to be here! as i said above, i've had the boat for a couple of years. i bought it so my wife and i could do some occasional slalom skiing but mostly for recreational use (as in cruising around drinking beer). i used to do a lot of competitive barefoot waterskiing but my shoulders won't take it anymore. so i really didn't need a power boat but there was no way i was going to buy an i/o or outboard so i went for the sport nautique because it had the open bow. i haven't figured out how to post photo yet. when i do i'll post some. thanks again to everyone.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 4:41pm
Dennis,
I too am curious about how long you have had the SN and what was it purchased for. Typically a SN isn't made for cruising since it was designed as a ski boat.

Welcome to CCfan. Tell us more and post some pictures. Are you the "antique" or do you have a boat classified as one?   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 4:33pm
PS: As your name is Antique Boater, what else do you have? If it's antique it's likely an inboard and therefore much louder than the modern boat you speak of, correct?
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 4:28pm
"Toertel" installed fresh air exhaust this year and posted about it, you might pm him for details.

That being said, conversation is highly overrated. LPSL.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by antique boater antique boater wrote:

My '96 Sport Nautique is quite loud. This is obviously not a problem when skiing but for cursing around it's pretty annoying.

Maybe your boat has Tourette's. Seriously though is this boat new to you? Sure they are louder than an I/O but even my Super Sport with the motor in the back and with therefore short exhaust hoses is not loud. I guess it's all what your used to.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antique boater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 3:45pm
thanks for the quick response. i'll do a search to see what i can find.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 3:37pm
Search "fresh air exhaust" it's a tip that goes underwater. I believe it quiets down the noise at idle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antique boater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 3:31pm
My '96 Sport Nautique is quite loud. This is obviously not a problem when skiing but for cursing around it's pretty annoying. It's okay when idling but anything beyond that prevent a conversation in the boat. I have replaced the "muffler" and installed soundproofing around the muffler which helped a lot but not enough. Does anyone else have this problem? Do you have any ideas how to reduce the noise?
Thanks and have a great weekend!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic