Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Trailer For Sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Stars06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stars06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mustang Trailer For Sale
    Posted: January-07-2015 at 5:03pm
1971 Correct Craft Mustang trailer for sale $600.00 OBO. Not in bad shape I put new wiring on and lights on it about 2 years ago, needs new bunks. I had a new custom trailer made for the boat this fall and have no need for this one now. Any questions feel free to ask

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 5:21pm
Looks like a later 70's trailer with the square OEM fenders. Can't tell if this is a #2 from a Tigue or a #3.. I'd be in if it was a #3. Looks to be in great shape and has all the loading gear..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Stars06 Stars06 wrote:

I had a new custom trailer made for the boat this fall and have no need for this one now.

Kyle,
Why the custom trailer? Original CC trailers are a plus. How about some pictures of the boat?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 6:19pm
Late 70's vintage with that bowstop... My '78 #2 still had the square tall version (no wood crash pads).

There aren't really any giveaway features that distinguish the #2's and #3's from that timeframe, they shared a number of parts (fenders, hubs, etc). Size is definitely different though, I'd recommend putting a tape measure on it to be sure. The 16' and 17-18' boats from th 60's and 70's would physically fit on eah others trailers but loading and weight distribution aren't ideal when swapped.

Looks good though, and a nice price either way!
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 6:21pm
Wouldn't take much to get that trailer looking nice.

Do I see duct tape holding the bunks on?
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Late 70's vintage with that bowstop... My '78 #2 still had the square tall version (no wood crash pads).

There aren't really any giveaway features that distinguish the #2's and #3's from that timeframe, they shared a number of parts (fenders, hubs, etc). Size is definitely different though, I'd recommend putting a tape measure on it to be sure. The 16' and 17-18' boats from th 60's and 70's would physically fit on eah others trailers but loading and weight distribution aren't ideal when swapped.

Looks good though, and a nice price either way!

Tim, whats the dimensional differences, both length and channel end width I presume ...?
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 6:32pm
Length and width. #3 channel grew an inch in height sometime in the mid-late 70's too. I posted a ms paint diagram comparing a few dimensions on the 2 vs 3 a few years ago, maybe a search would turn it up.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2015 at 6:39pm
you're not cool unless you have tape in place of a fastener somewhere on your trailer
Stars06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stars06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2015 at 10:38pm
Here's a pic of my boat, I've had it for 4 years.

Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2015 at 12:09am
I'm interested in the trailer. I'm trying to fit my 176 in my 20ft garage.

Do you guys think this trailer would work for a 176.

If so, I'm very very interested.

Chris
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2015 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

I'm interested in the trailer. I'm trying to fit my 176 in my 20ft garage.

Do you guys think this trailer would work for a 176.

If so, I'm very very interested.

Chris

I don't know much about trailers but, I believe the mustang is wider than old and new ski nautiques. Could work but I'm not sure.
1972 Mustang
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2015 at 12:36am
My bad, I didn't mean wider. Old Ski nautique models and new are wider than the mustang
1972 Mustang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2015 at 12:43am
The beam of a mustang is listed as 5'10"

The 176 is listed at 7'4".

Can you measure the width between fenders?
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2015 at 12:51am
I can't imagine it fitting. A swing away tongue isn't an option for you? Is your current trailer a RamLin?
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2015 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

The beam of a mustang is listed as 5'10"

The 176 is listed at 7'4".

Can you measure the width between fenders?

If you're talking to me no, but from the last time I seen my trailer which has a Mustang on it, there seems to be a good 4-5 inches. I could be wrong.... very wrong. But some modifications could be made for you to put i on just to sit in the garage . But, you'd have to ask someone who is smart unlike me for an exact number.
1972 Mustang
Stars06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stars06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2015 at 12:56am
I'll measure the width tomorrow
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2015 at 7:54am
A 176 will likely fit on an older #3. No way in heck will it fit on a #2, it's way too narrow and the boat sits between the fenders (the narrow mustang/skier/Tique only clears by a few inches). The latter also has a good chance of being completely overwhelmed by the weight, too. The earlier #2's had 2000 lb hardware (wheels/tires/hubs/axles) that was barely adequate for a 1600 lb 16' boat. The later #2's got upgraded spindles, hubs and wheels/tires (same stuff as a #3, so 3500 lb gear), not sure if the axle or frame would keep the weight rating lower... But I wouldn't chance it.

Either way, the older trailers weren't much, if any shorter in the tongue, so I don't think you're going to improve on the length if that's the limitation with your garage. Best bet is a modern trailer with a swing tongue. Does the 176 have removable platform brackets? Those 2 things combined with the short length of the boat should have it fitting in any garage... Though the width will probably require a 9' (wide) door no matter what.

Grab some dimensions (width at the wheels and length from tongue to axle) and we should be able to confirm which trailer this is. I don't think it's original to the boat.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2015 at 1:17pm
Didn't want to thread jack.

I continued my problems HERE.

Chris
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Stars06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stars06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2015 at 1:44pm
The width on it between the fenders is 60" the overall length of the trailer is 16' 9"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2015 at 4:58pm
Gotta be a #2 as you thought.

Stars06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stars06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2015 at 12:17pm
This was the only pic I had of the old trailer

matthewbmiceli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewbmiceli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 6:01pm
I have a 1970 Baracuda, same hull, if you still have the trailer I'll take it.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 6:11pm
The Cuda is not the same hull as the Mustang, it is almost a foot longer. Consensus seems to be that the #3 works better for it, but I've seen cudas with both #2's an #3's. It may or may not be too wide for a late #2 like this one, the earlier trailers had lower profile fenders and the boat did not sit between them.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

The Cuda is not the same hull as the Mustang, it is almost a foot longer. Consensus seems to be that the #3 works better for it, but I've seen cudas with both #2's an #3's.

I concur. One year Charlie and I put his Cuda on my Tique trailer to get it into storage (he doesn't have a trailer) Even with moving the bow stop forward slightly, the Cuda wasn't very comfortable.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewbmiceli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 10:16pm
There are 16' & 17' Mustangs, I didn't think about the 16' as my Mustang is a 17'.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 10:41pm
Matthew,
I'm confused. Cuda or Stang 17'?
Originally posted by matthewbmiceli matthewbmiceli wrote:

I have a 1970 Baracuda, same hull, if you still have the trailer I'll take it.

There are 16' & 17' Mustangs, I didn't think about the 16' as my Mustang is a 17'.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewbmiceli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 10:58pm
I have a 1975 Mustang, and a 1970 Barracuda. No trailer for the Barracuda. I can get a Shorelander, but was hoping for an original.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 11:03pm

I have a 1975 Mustang, and a 1970 Barracuda. No trailer for the Barracuda. I can get a Shorelander, but was hoping for an original.

Thanks for the explanation. Since it's the Cuda you need the trailer for, I'd suggest looking for a #3.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewbmiceli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 11:06pm
Thank you for the info. I'll do that.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 11:13pm
The mustang 17 also used a #3 trailer, fwiw. Still a different hull than the Cuda, even though both were 17'.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic