NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

throttle

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
goldenrigley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenrigley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: throttle
    Posted: October-16-2014 at 11:13am
Looking for a hand throttle. Converting from foot.
Jim in WI
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2014 at 12:55pm
There were quite a few different hand throttles that Correct Craft used over their history. What vintage or year and model boat are you going to be putting it on?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2014 at 1:00pm
He has a compact skier Steve. From other posts I believe he was missing the foot throttle but I'm not 100% sure.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2014 at 1:17pm
I personally would go with the original but if no other choice I'd get this. I would try to mount it in the least destructive way so if it ever had to come out it would not be a major job unlike the hole left in my Mustangs gunnel. This Mustang of Steve's had one with the dash shifter.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
goldenrigley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenrigley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 10:41pm
It is a 1962 plywood Tournament skier.
Jim in WI
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 10:55pm
Jim,
The 62 Tournament per the brochure had the foot throttle. There's no mention of an option. What's the matter with the foot throttle? How original is the boat? (when are we going to see some pictures? ) The hair is raising on the back of my neck for even thinking this non original thought but the MV1 would be correct for the era.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 11:20pm
Seems like trying to find a foot throttle is harder that finding the console controls for an SS Pete. I know others have been looking for them don't know if any were ever found. I have found 2 sets of SS controls in the same time frame. I wonder if you could hold one in your hand and get some good measurements,if you could copy it and make one,I know SS controls are not complicated. I think the morse control I linked above would be a better fit. Look at the picture of Steves Mustang,that's what it had combined with the dash shifter.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 9:36am
Boats that had dash shifters and hand throttles in the late 60's did not have a Morse control... By definition, the control handles both throttle and shifting duties. The Morse hand throttle used the same lever but was much simpler in design. You could get new ones on eBay for $60 or so up until recently.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 10:00am
I would think you could bolt a piece of wood to the gunnel and not do much damage to the boat and attach the hand control to it. No every one liked the foot pedal or the SS controls, based on the number of boats out there that have been converted to hand controls. The controls I have on ebay came out of a Barracuda that a PO replaced the gas pedal and dash shifter with. The SS controls, especially on a RH drive boat if you're a righty, take a lot to get used to. You got to remember which shifter you got your hand on! That may sound dumb, but you definitely got to stay focused when there's a lot of stuff around you.

I'd like to see pics of that T Skier too! Based on how many of those have shown up on the site over the years, they are a rare boat today.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 12:07pm
I have not found that an issue Bruce, to me what is more a problem is the close quarters combined with no neutral safety lock. When moving about in the boat I always turn it off.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 12:14pm
Your left hand/brain connection must work better than mine...We shut it off when no one is behind the wheel and guard the shifters when someone is getting into the front seat.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2014 at 6:32pm
If there is an observer in the boat (someone who is related to me or someone I ski with regularly) I leave the thing running if I need to make a quick adjustment somewhere. If there are more than just one other person (or one who isn't experienced) I shut the rig off.

Fyi, in the next month or so I may have an mv1 or mv2 available. Stay tuned.
marlo14 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlo14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2014 at 9:56pm
I have a MV-2? available. Let me know.

ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 3:14am
I have a center console and and controls out of a late 60's Barracuda for sale. I will get pictures.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 3:18am
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic