Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chrysler 318 part out

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chrysler 318 part out
    Posted: August-21-2014 at 10:43am
318 Engine Components for sale. I will make deals on multiple parts and shipping will be an extra $10.00 on smaller items

Alternator-SOLD

Carter AFB 4bbl Carburetor, Flame arrestor & cast iron Wedge. Needs rebuilding- $40.00 SOLD

Trans Cooler - $50.00 SOLD

Sherwood dual pocket raw water pump & Pulley- $50.00 SOLD

Engine & Trans Mounts- $65.00

Chrysler Distributor w/ adapter for block and clamp- $30.00

wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2014 at 9:53am
LH Rotation 318 Chrysler Marine engine- Sold on Craigslist pending payment. The rest of the parts I have are still for sale. I updated the first post with photos
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
65Cuda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 12:40pm
do you still have the water pump?
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 12:45pm
I do, $50.00 plus $10.00 shipping.
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
Fletch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2015 at 4:22am
I would love to buy that distributor with adapter and clamp for my 64' barracuda. I just fried the same one testing out the new stereo. Live and learn I hope. Please let me know if it is still available.
dago52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dago52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2015 at 1:01pm
do you still have trans&engin mounts ? thanks james
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2015 at 10:23pm
If he does not I may have some. Let me know if you want me to look.
dago52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dago52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2015 at 11:53am
what i need the most are the rear trans mount.the ones i have are rusted so bad you cant ajust for the main shaft line up. than you for the reply.   James
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2015 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by dago52 dago52 wrote:

what i need the most are the rear trans mount.the ones i have are rusted so bad you cant ajust for the main shaft line up. than you for the reply.   James

James,
Welcome to CCfan. How about some pictures?

I don't mean to break up a sale but many here find the same rusted condition typically when they do a engine/trans/shaft/strut alignment. What they do is remove the mounts (which you need to do anyway) disassemble and clean them up. Looking at the picture of the mounts above, I'd say you would need to do the same with them!!

What are you working on? Tell us more. Are you doing an alignment?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dago52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dago52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2015 at 2:02pm
iam restoring a 1963 wiliamson with 440 chy. with 330 hp. i will send picks. when i get back to rockport. James
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2015 at 3:52pm
Sorry, but I didn't see the response to this old thread. I don't have any more Chrysler parts. You will have to buy them from Bill or follow Pete's advice or do both. Sorry I can't help. Good luck with your project.
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2015 at 4:37pm
Do post pics of your engine mounts. 63 would have been too early for a 440 with 330hp as an original engine, don't make it any less cool just a little information for you. I cant remember if the Chrysler mounts for the big velvet drive were anything special but I am certain even if they are I have a pair or two around if yours cant be saved with a little elbow grease.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2015 at 11:34pm
I agree with Pete and Joe on this one......yours can most likely be grout back to life. I assumed you did not have any at all. If I can find mine they would probably need the same elbow grease as yours..
dago52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dago52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 4:10am
i tried to free up the mounts,but thay where to for gone.down here with all the salt its hard to find good used parts. Ill keep looking. thank James.there is a pic. of my boat ..on web site www.williamboatworks.com.look on our history.the small boat on the bottom is like my boat.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 5:08am

i tried to free up the mounts,but thay where to for gone.down here with all the salt its hard to find good used parts..

James,
I'm curious as to what methods you tried to free up the mounts. Did you remove them from the boat as mentioned?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dago52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dago52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 6:28am
i removed from boat,then heated with torch,also diped in used oil
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 9:31am
James,
I don't feel the used oil did anything since it's viscosity is too high. The proven penetrating oil that many here have had fantastic results with, is a home brew of 50-50 acetone and ATF. The ATF has lots of detergents for lubricity and the acetone thins it down for penetration. Is it the threaded section that's locked up? After soaking with the penetrating (it may take several days) I'd take the impact to it working it back and forth.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2015 at 10:16am

i removed from boat,then heated with torch,also diped in used oil

Anything can be freed up but with salt it might not be worth it- again if you can find a pic there is a decent chance I have something around that will work.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic