NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT Mini 2014, August 22-24

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 12>
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2014 at 4:45pm
Sounds like my brother and his daughter may make the trek from Maine for the day on Saturday. No boat just sly ski. Think he may be looking for some lessons on the sky ski
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2014 at 5:39pm
last year I learn that the "fun" increases with the amount of activities you want to learn or improve. I think some show up just to help us that are challenged in some area that they have expertise in. Some will help you even if they can't do it themselves. To me, that was the beauty of the weekend, not to mention the sheer foolishness that will erupt when the barefoot water is gone.

Sinned: one anxious dude
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2014 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Bri892001, Fri-Sun, boat?

Confirmed yes on the boat. Just got back from NH with it.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 10:36am
Ok got the work conflict solved. Kostas is meeting me at my house Thursday morning then we'll be on the road. Should arrive around 1700 Thursday.
What's left on the food/supply list that needs delivered.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 10:47am

french fry grease is more expensive in CT just because its farther from Idaho

Got the external tank all loaded up with fryer oil 130 gallons total. No stopping for fuel up and back "Priceless"
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 11:05am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

french fry grease is more expensive in CT just because its farther from Idaho

Got the external tank all loaded up with fryer oil 130 gallons total. No stopping for fuel up and back "Priceless"
that's why you're the man Paul! glad you got that pesky work problem solved
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Bri892001, Fri-Sun, boat?

Confirmed yes on the boat. Just got back from NH with it.
sweet
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 11:24am
TBD’s are slowly being filled in… I will post up an updated food list in a minute. If we could finish filling in the blanks in the next day or 2, that would be great- that way I can backfill as necessary before people start showing up. :)

Thank you to everyone for their contributions, whatever form they take- some have even shown up early! It is much appreciated.

To answer a few questions:

1. We’ll pack the yard and cove in tight, don’t worry about us running out of space- the more (boats, people, etc), the merrier.
2. By mooring, I mean an anchor and line that will hold your boat in place, at a minimum overnight... potentially under slightly windy conditions (you never know what the weather will be). The cove is relatively shallow (3-6’), and sandy/mucky depending on exact location. Bumpers are not a bad idea either, as it would allow multiple boats to raft up during the day. Milk jugs or buoys to mark your anchor are optional, but might help prevent a prop tangle.
3. Not to worry, there will be coffee in the AM… at least 3 coffee makers on site. Industrial coffee makers will not be turned away, however! Ha.

Reminder: things everyone can bring:
Coolers
Ice
Beverage of choice (beer, liquor, soda, juice, etc)… Does anybody like bloody marys (just a thought)?

Also recommended (in case it wasn’t obvious)
Watersports gear, if practical
Towels
Jeans and sweatshirt (just in case)
Ibuprofen :)

For those on the fence, hope you can work it out. Its shaping up to be a great weekend! If you havent spoken with me directly (pm, email, txt, phone, etc), or you havent posted your plans in this thread (even if theyre not firm), please do so- just so we can plan as best we can. I will repost the pertinent info one more time this morning.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 11:27am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

For any newcomers, this event is hosted at my family’s place on Tyler Lake. Address: 52 Sandy Beach Rd, Goshen, CT. Accomodations are pretty spartan, but we have a big, flat lawn, so you are more than welcome to bring a tent and set up camp. We’ll have a few porta-potties on site. Goshen is a small town and there arent any hotels/motels close by, so I don’t have any recommendations for those who don’t want to camp, unfortunately- but Im sure there are options within a reasonable drive if you google it. PM me if you want to run options by me- I can provide my thoughts on general areas to seek out (or avoid).

The cottage is in the middle of a fairly large, shallow (sandy) cove. We have several docks and anchors, but would encourage everyone bringing a boat to bring their own moorings. There is a public launch located across the lake, approx address is Park Rd, Goshen, CT. There are only a few parking spots available there and no docks- just FYI. There is no gas on the lake and the nearest station is 15+ min away, so fill up on your way into town- Torrington and Litchfield are your closest options.

Parking is a bit of a challenge, as the cottage is at the bottom of a large hilly driveway. Therefore, we ask that people park at the top of the driveway and walk down. Feel free to come down first and unload if necessary! For those bringing boats, there is limited room to turn around at the bottom with a trailer… so probably best not to attempt it unless you’ve cleared it with me first. We have dedicated trailer parking near the ramp in my sister Sage’s yard, address: 27 Tyler Lake Heights, Goshen CT

Looks like we’ll have a good crowd here as early as Thurs PM. The weekend will be full of watersports- there will be no shortage of skis, ropes, etc, but feel free to bring any and all gear as well. Especially trick skis!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 11:33am
We're in pretty good shape for food... Last few outstanding items in bold!

Foods:
Hamburgers + cheese + buns (~150): GregF(75), could use another 75
Hotdogs (~150): Joe (150)
Hot dog buns (150): Fosters
Salt potatoes: Joe
Chips (~20 bags): Fill (10), Greg / Kristin (10)
Corn (~100 ears): Brad (tbd), could use more!
Mains or sides to add to the meals above:John and Lisl, potato salad
Jess brownies, ________
Juice (breakfasts):_________

Sat Breakfast:
Bagels + cream cheese: Brian (4dozen)
Muffins: MikeS
Fruit Salad: John and Lisl

Ancilliary stuff:
Solo cups (~300+): Brad
Styrafoam cups (~200): Brad
Paper Plates (~500): Brad
Paper bowls (~100): Brad
Napkins: MikeS
Paper towels:
Plastic forks: MikeS
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 11:36am
Yee haw!! This summer went so darn fast here we are already.

For anyone that needs anything and wants free shipping (IE my truck) give me a ring this week. I will be in the shop until 5 pm Wednesday then heading to pick up a few of our own in Cleveland as well as Jack's Amc motor on the way.

I am planning on bringing a few things and if anyone needs anything else let me know IE. try on life vests, skis, etc.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 12:05pm

Does anybody like bloody marys (just a thought)?
This was already in my plans on a small scale, if there is a larger interest a bloody mary bar can be my contribution to the food list, haha
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 12:10pm

We're in pretty good shape for food... Last few outstanding items in bold!

Foods:
Jess brownies, ________
Juice (breakfasts):_________

Sat Breakfast:

Ancilliary stuff:
Paper towels: MikeS

I Picked up a 12 pack of paper towels this AM, Tim.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 12:42pm
Adam, do it!

Mike, thanks! Didn't mean to over-volunteer you, ha... Much appreciated.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 1:13pm

Adam, do it!

Done.

And I love that my contribution to the food list is a cocktail.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 1:40pm

I love that my contribution to the food list is a cocktail.

It doesn't really surprise you does it?...... I mean I'm not!

Gonna miss "Marissas Marinades" for the weekend seeing as how she and Sven aren't gonna make it.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Gonna miss "Marissas Marinades" for the weekend seeing as how she and Sven aren't gonna make it.

Ingredients were posted in last year's Ct.mini thread    There's gotta be a liquor store somewhere between Reid's and Tyler Lake ....

On a side note, I am planning on leaving the Benj compound Monday sometime around 10-11am and could drop you at Bradley if you still need to work that out.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 2:45pm
Tim,
Count us in for what ever last minute "get ready's" Thursday evening / Friday before the masses arrive.

Adam,
I will try to remember some special seasoning for the bloody marys that came back from Canada a while back.

Think I am going to make Kristin watch Smokey & The Bandit and Amimal House before we leave so that her appreciation of a road trip is clearly defined............
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 2:49pm
And to thread jack for just a moment....I will have 2 of these bad boys with me that if anyone is interested in we can talk.

http://www.flofast.com/images/15_gal._w_new_vent.jpg

FlowFast
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 2:55pm
Greg, awesome offer but after a 12 hr drive on thurs night, I'm thinking you guys deserve a break! The goal is to be done shopping by then- if we figure out that we forgot something, HW can pick it up on his way back from the airport with the FIFA gold coins he's bringing.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 3:12pm
Mike, forgot bout that but you gotta remember...... I'm a practical kinda guy so it would probably be more on the lines of a couple half gallons of Capt and a 2 liter bottle of Coke Zero!

I have a ride worked out on Monday but will put you down as a backup!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

[QUOTE=TRBenj] We're in pretty good shape for food... Last few outstanding items in bold!

Foods:
Jess brownies, ________
Juice (breakfasts):_____BEER!!!

Sat Breakfast:

Ancilliary stuff:

I can finish up on the corn lots of local farmers selling right now, let me know how many dozen
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 4:24pm
I have two dozen ears that missed the ride to CT a couple days ago, so they'll be making the trip this week for sure!
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 5:15pm
Foods:
Sausage peppers and onion sandwiches: Burton(50)
Corn (~100 ears): Brad (tbd), Burton (24) could use more!
Jess brownies, ________
Juice (breakfasts):_____BEER!!!

Sat Breakfast:

Ancilliary stuff:

shot in the dark, I am looking for a doghouse hinge for a 77 SN if anyone has one around. I am in need of the half that bolts to the doghouse.

thanks
burton
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 5:17pm
All I have are the new style kits that are somewhat correct.

Tell me what I need to bring and I will get it tonight or tomorrow.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 9:21pm
How about strut (s) for glove box 2005 SN 206 black please
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2014 at 11:15pm
WTB

all for 77 SN
Doghouse hinges
Hardware for windshield vents
Mooring cover rear support chrome pocket

Thanks in advance
Burton
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 12:47am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

How about strut (s) for glove box 2005 SN 206 black please

Add a center glove box strut for my '95 to that list
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 1:07am
How about a box full of N3 Boatworks koozies!
Old school goin back to school!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2014 at 3:44pm
Tim
I'm guessing you'll have all the appropriate tools for the standard reunion fix’s, prop changes, tune up’s, carb adjustments, camshaft swaps, bearing’s for Joe???
Is there anything I should bring in that department?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 12>
  Share Topic