NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT-40 Engine Hours

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT-40 Engine Hours
    Posted: May-07-2014 at 12:16pm
Engine hours are irrelevant with a GT-40 anyway, common knowledge.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2014 at 9:23pm
Spent some time on the GT40 ECU and with a Star type tester.

Have not seen anywhere that was possible to read engine hours on the standard PCM Ford based ECM.

On a ten year old plus engine, the condition and service history would be far more important than engine hours anyway.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2014 at 7:18pm
I confirmed via email with Rinda that their DIACOM software does not pull hours from the Ford engine. Their reply is as follows:

"If it is a GM based engine, yes, we would support it with our tools and also display operating hours.

If it is a Ford engine (5.8L) we would not."

Appreciate everyone's input.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2014 at 6:36pm
Not necessarily a clear answer as the Ford's were available 2000-2002.
halfnelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halfnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2014 at 6:21pm
I was curious, so I clicked on their supported engines list. It says 1992+ PCM (excluding 1990's Ford engines).

http://www.rinda.com/acro/Diacom_Engine_Support.pdf
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2014 at 6:16pm
Right, BH. I've never scanned a GT40 with Diacom, but certainly nothing comes up with the Star Tester. PCM has told me several times that it's not in there.
"Art"
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2014 at 6:01pm
I don't think that is possible on a GT40. I could be wrong though. I know it can be done on the EX330 and subsequent GM powerplants.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2014 at 4:13pm
I've read on this forum and others that the GT-40 engine does not store hours, however I was told that the hours can be pulled using Diacom Marine software which runs on a PC. (http://www.rinda.com/marine/diacommarine.htm).

Has anyone heard of this software and if so can the engine hours be pulled using it? Looking at their web site was inconclusive as to the exact parameters the S/W would pull off the GT-40.

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic