Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Desulfator

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Desulfator
    Posted: April-03-2006 at 10:38pm
Anyone use or try a battery desulfator to prolong battery life?
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2006 at 11:02pm
Darrel,

I've never used one on my boat but they are quite common in motorhomes. Most good quality motorhome converter/chargers have a desufalte cycle built in. From my understanding it is a bigger problem when the battery is drawn down below 80% on a repeated basis so if you are one to use your stereo for a few hours at atime without running the engine it could help prolong battery life.

It's a bigger problem on deep cycle batteries when people run them dead and then recharge em fast. We do a lot of boondocking with the motorhome and run off of my battery bank for long periods of time but I always make sure to start the generator and recharge the batteries before they get below 50%.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2006 at 1:13pm
Darrel:

Home Depot sells a Husky brand battery charger for $60 that is electronically controlled and has a desulfating mode along with many others. A great deal on a battery charger. I have heard the desulfating cycle works well.

Husky battery charger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic