NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pics of your tow vehicle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1516171819 29>
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 12:25pm
Next time just turn up the radio
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

-blower motor

Don't you love it when they call things names that they really shouldn't;

Dude your truck has a blower!

Somehow, I don't think I will see a Whipple 510-R sticking out of the hood of the Durango...
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 12:30pm
I wish mine had a 6-71 Weiand haha.

They need to build a stripped down regular cab Ram with good suspension brakes and the 8 speed coupled to the Hellcat motor. Hell I would even be ok with the 485 HP 6.4 in that setup. Still tow stuff but run high 12's on sticky tires.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

So I absolutely love my Suburban, I would not trade it for anything. However for all you guys with the Tahoe (and Suburbans, Sierras, Silverados, etc) if you have the 5.3 liter vortec, the one that drops 4 cylinders to improve fuel economy, beware of a clicking noise. Generally it is an indication that you dropped a lifter, get it fixed immediately, I let it go and it cost me a CAM. It's a high dollar fix anyway, but if you don't have to replace the cam it will save you about a grand.

Again, I love my Suburban, next one will probably have the 6.0 liter engine, but I shouldn't complain because it didn't happen until about 135k rounds.

I hope I never have problems with that (knock on wood), but my gas mileage has improved 25% on the drive to and from work compared to my 2004 Tahoe because of that nifty feature.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 7:46pm
Scott,I'm curious,what do you get around town?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 3:20am
Just curious, If you don't like the stability control can't you just turn it off as you see fit? I am not a big fan but it's good for some situations. I would like to have a choice of turning the ABS off at times.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 5:09am
Originally posted by gR@HaM gR@HaM wrote:

I think they get more of a European appreciation as we dont tend to have the big trucks over here, I must admit it handles a lot better than I thought (sure air suspension and PDCC helps) and is bloody quick for an SUV!

Nah, they all have these big pickup trucks and SUV's over there...
You have a Porsche and I have a Beamer... They can only dream about that luxury pulling a boat in the States

We rule the tow vehicle scene Graham! End of story

Just to prove a point, one more pic of a shiny BMW pulling a shiny SN 2001

Now post a picture of your Porsche pulling your boat, so we make everybody drool here

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 7:46am
No fair any way Kristof you cannot get a 5 series wagon here,you guys are hogging them for yourselves!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

No fair any way Kristof you cannot get a 5 series wagon here,you guys are hogging them for yourselves!

I never pretended to be a fair guy ya know...

If it's any consolation, I wouldn't mind owning a Ford F150 Raptor... Awesome piece of wheels.
Would look good too in front of the SN, and very exclusive in our part of the world

- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

I think they get more of a European appreciation as we dont tend to have the big trucks over here, I must admit it handles a lot better than I thought (sure air suspension and PDCC helps) and is bloody quick for an SUV!

Nah, they all have these big pickup trucks and SUV's over there...
You have a Porsche and I have a Beamer... They can only dream about that luxury pulling a boat in the States

We rule the tow vehicle scene Graham! End of story

Just to prove a point, one more pic of a shiny BMW pulling a shiny SN 2001

Now post a picture of your Porsche pulling your boat, so we make everybody drool here

I havent a tow hitch sorted yet but will be sure to take a photo when its on. That BM is pure class!!
'82 Ski Tique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 9:38am
Thanks Graham!

I think I'm about the only one with a lowered vehicle on here towing a boat

I truly love that car. Did a few modifications:

- 342.000 km on the clock (212.509 Mi)
- DPF gutted
- Regeneration of the DPF deleted via software
- Swirl flaps removed from the intake manifold
- Reprogrammed to 177 BHP (versus the Belgian 162 BHP) and 500 NM torque
- Lowered with an Eibach Pro Kit in the front (and thru software in the rear)
- 15 mm spacers on the front axle, 20 mm spacers on the rear axle

Last month I let it loose on the German Autobahn (no speed limits!) and it still effortlessly goes up to 236 KPH (on GPS) 165 MPH).

A beast

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 10:03am
That's pretty fast for a wagon ;). Fastest I've ever been is 155.
MustangMadness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMadness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 10:20am
Here's mine, as you can see boating season is still a ways off here in the Northeast

I like a 6' beam on a small lake... My Muscleboat
1975 Mustang 225 307RH
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 10:23am
Sweet!!! Ive driven on a couple of autobahns can be pretty scary at times, would love to get the cayenne derestricted to see how fast it goes its currently pushing out 520bhp but I intend to remap at some point.

I hope those spacers youre using are hubcentric type!!
'82 Ski Tique
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 10:38am

[/QUOTE]

I havent a tow hitch sorted yet but will be sure to take a photo when its on. That BM is pure class!! [/QUOTE]

Graham nice find, facelift are hard to get not messed around with... school boy error not getting one with factory fit tow pack ... it’s not like the old landie bolt a hitch on a go...
my ML Merc as soon as I plug the hitch and power in the Suspensions/Level Control then sets to normal level based on the additional load at the rear
ESC/PSM operates in a towing mode and changes its stability strategy based on the fact that there is something at the back pushing the back of the car around.
May be worth looking into before go to far and just use the landie to tow.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 10:48am
Hi Roger hope youre keeping well.
Yep shame it doesnt currently have the towing package but that particular car was by far the best around for the money Ive been looking out for a cayenne turbo for a year now but all others in my price range have been the older 955 shape. The plan is to use the disco for regular trips but hook it up to the cayenne for long distance weekends away. It has locking centre and rear diff which might come in handy but I wont be using it for launching!!
'82 Ski Tique
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 11:04am
BMW Wagon is sweet!

Stuff is coming pretty fast at 150+...

Oddly enough I don't think I've ever seen past 130-140 on four wheels but I've seen a good amount more on two.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 11:40am

Scott,I'm curious,what do you get around town?

Gary, my trip to work is 20 miles, and it is half expressway. I was getting 16mpg on my best day in the 2004 Tahoe. In the new Tahoe, I regularly get just over 20mpg.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 11:59am
MustangMadness - Double Z Snaps! Looking good.........!
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 1:34pm
Seriously long wheel base!!
'82 Ski Tique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 8:02pm

I hope those spacers youre using are hubcentric type!!

Do I sense an accusation of me bying crap for my Beamer Graham...??
Do not worry, top noch spacers from Sparco, designed for the E61

Bathmagic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bathmagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 12:22am
I knew opening this thread would spoil my day...

Many nice tow rigs guys, here in AU we pay a small fortune for Chev trucks and the like.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 5:15pm
Today's tow vehicle. Just got back from a Springfield to Chicago run. 240 miles, 10MPH tailwind, 12MPG. I am expecting my letter of appreciation from the oil industry for easing the oil glut. Funny thing is, I was told it isn't much better without a trailer.

Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 6:38pm
Like the Vette!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
nuke_mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuke_mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

I never pretended to be a fair guy ya know...

If it's any consolation, I wouldn't mind owning a Ford F150 Raptor... Awesome piece of wheels.
Would look good too in front of the SN, and very exclusive in our part of the world

I love my Raptor... not a diesel by any chance but the 6.2L works just fine.

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2015 at 11:31am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Today's tow vehicle. Just got back from a Springfield to Chicago run. 240 miles, 10MPH tailwind, 12MPG. I am expecting my letter of appreciation from the oil industry for easing the oil glut. Funny thing is, I was told it isn't much better without a trailer.

Time to trade it in for the Eco diesel John. I towed our 200 Sport down to N3 in Indy a couple of weeks ago, 75 mph and still got 14.6 mpg. That's close to a 4500# rig getting manhandled by 3 liters of attitude! 😃.     And Yes, Love theVette

Towed the Hurricane last weekend for it's first dip of the year and got 19.5 on the way home thanks to a nice tailwind
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2015 at 1:04pm
I thought of you the whole way home, Alan. The car hauler with the 58 on it is 5,200# and the GC towed it effortlessly with the cruise on 70. The mileage with the boat was a bit under 12 and didn't surprise me, the real eye opener is that is about what it gets around town, and not that much better on the highway without a trailer. With the diesel that car would be a dream machine. Towing power when you need it, mileage when you don't. The diesel fuel cost differential is not that great either since this GC uses a minimum of mid grade gas.
The car is very nice. It has a rotary switch you can select a rock, a snowflake, squiggly lines, or a highway. and possibly other settings. The ride height changes when you do. It's odd that when you load the car on the trailer with the Jeep engine running, the height of the Jeep never changes.
A replacement 4WD has already been purchased by my nephew for everyday use but he is keeping this around to occasionally tow his TS6M I think. I don't think you can put a hitch on his new 4wd.

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2015 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Towing power when you need it, mileage when you don't. The diesel fuel cost differential is not that great either since this GC uses a minimum of mid grade gas.

Well the pendulum has swung the other way for a little while since gas is on the way back up!
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2015 at 4:57pm
Heating oil season is over and we are drowning in a sea of oil inventories.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2015 at 5:07pm
I just paid 1.99 for regular in Georgia, I'd move before I'd buy a diesel. I can already remember half of the women's names there-- Kim
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1516171819 29>
  Share Topic