NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pics of your tow vehicle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1415161718 29>
Author
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 3:54pm
Ah man Ive been out-pimped!!!
'82 Ski Tique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 4:13pm
I am getting a little new car envy but I was told "nice car" in the Portillo's parking lot at lunch today.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 4:19pm
For the price of a G23 someone could (almost) own both the Cayenne and the new Tahoe.

David, curious how your Cherokee tows. I'd guess your boat/trailer/gear is pushing 4,000 lbs. and I think the tow rating is 4,500.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 4:26pm
Quote David, curious how your Cherokee tows. I'd guess your boat/trailer/gear is pushing 4,000 lbs. and I think the tow rating is 4,500.

Yes the rating it 4500 with V6 and tow package. This jeep has both.

I figured around 3500 - 4000lbs when I purchased the Jeep.

The Jeep doesn't sag, pulls strong and breaks properly.

I'll report back in after I've had a bit more road time.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 4:40pm
The new GMC 3500HD has a 20,000 lbs tow rating with built-in WiFi, heated steering wheel and air conditioned seats..... can't wait to pull a Correct Craft like it wasn't there. Also stop like it wasn't there.

The Pilot was really maxed out and the Astro/Safari did great on the flats (which we don't have a lot of around here....)
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 4:44pm
Black Tahoe is sweeeeet. I'm looking at the same thing in white for the wife when she stops commuting later this summer.

I was getting my oil changed at the stealership last week and they had exactly what I was after: White LTZ 4x4 with your wheels but I'm not ready yet and she is still driving 70ish miles a day. Only thing that bummed me out was that I could get a brand new LTZ duramax 4x4 z71 for me for about the same monies... Happy wife, happy life.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

The new GMC 3500HD has a 20,000 lbs tow rating ....
The Pilot was really maxed out

That's kind of like "my BB gun wasn't quite getting the job done so I bought a howitzer."
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by DMH DMH wrote:

Yes the rating it 4500 with V6 and tow package. This jeep has both.

I figured around 3500 - 4000lbs when I purchased the Jeep.

The Jeep doesn't sag, pulls strong and breaks properly.

I'll report back in after I've had a bit more road time.

Sounds good. I was interested that they brought back the Cherokee name but in a much different type of vehicle.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 4:59pm
That GMC of yours Steve is sharp I'll bet it really would feel like a time warp between your new one vs the old. Sure you don't need heated wheels or cooled seats,wifi or Bluetooth but once you have them you can't go back!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

That GMC of yours Steve is sharp I'll bet it really would feel like a time warp between your new one vs the old. Sure you don't need heated wheels or cooled seats,wifi or Bluetooth but once you have them you can't go back!

Gotta have Bluetooth these days for the hands free phone but I was surprised that to get a CD player was extra. Once I started using my phone for music streaming via Blue tooth I haven't opened my CD case in a year now.

Bonus item: If you've chopped the tip of your thumb off and it's always cold that heated steering wheel is a life saver!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 6:16pm
The Bluetooth is really addicting...... the rest, I'm not sure. I liked the old Ford, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the GMC as much pretty quick.

(The Nav has the current road speed limit posted on the dash below the speedometer - LOVE that!)
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 7:03pm
Steve - that's just another thing to ignore!

We upgraded this year as well. Durango is still around but needed something nice for client lunches and the wife while I'm out of town. Quinner's twin 2011 Tahoe LTZ with captains chairs in the second row.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 7:14pm
Some kinda rims
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 7:15pm
Needs more chrome Chris! Talk to CQ, he's got the hook up.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 7:17pm
What is this, planetnautique?
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 7:24pm
They're Chevy rims as far as I know. Price was right and it had 20k when we bought it. It's a new "company" vehicle so we've already put 10k on it this year.

No more chrome for me. I'm in the process of working a deal on an old farm truck as spring/summer approach and lake projects pick up. The Tahoe is great but I hate having to worry about it as a daily driver. It'll hopefully stay in the warehouse most weeks and be used for long road trips.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 7:26pm
So I absolutely love my Suburban, I would not trade it for anything. However for all you guys with the Tahoe (and Suburbans, Sierras, Silverados, etc) if you have the 5.3 liter vortec, the one that drops 4 cylinders to improve fuel economy, beware of a clicking noise. Generally it is an indication that you dropped a lifter, get it fixed immediately, I let it go and it cost me a CAM. It's a high dollar fix anyway, but if you don't have to replace the cam it will save you about a grand.

Again, I love my Suburban, next one will probably have the 6.0 liter engine, but I shouldn't complain because it didn't happen until about 135k rounds.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 7:33pm
Aha Steve, you had the dreaded AFM lifter failure. I have around 93,000 miles on my 2010 Tahoe, bought it with 49,000, so far so good. I'm tempted to disable the AFM but in doing a lot of reading it's not clear that it will prevent the failure. Yet another case where GM didn't step up and own the problem, they tend to fight it every step of the way even though thousands of them have failed.

Really solid tow vehicle, I like their tow mode shift patterns. The LTZ with auto-leveling and all the bells and whistles is a nice ride.

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 7:45pm
Nice! The Tahoes are great platforms.

I like the 6L in the truck and in the 206.....
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 8:37pm
Ford Flex, No hitch on it yet but it's supposed to pull the weight. Just got it last week. It's like driving a pillow, so quiet & smooth.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 8:49pm
Here's my new to me 2011 Liberty in its natural element, covered with snow:

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 8:59pm
My brother's black Grand Cherokee looks pretty snazzy with the white boat:

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 9:02pm
Love my Liberty as much as my Suburban, unfortunately it has been retired to a kids car now, but I still get to drive it once in a while. Here it is at about max tow capacity...

Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Again, I love my Suburban, next one will probably have the 6.0 liter engine, but I shouldn't complain because it didn't happen until about 135k rounds.

135k?! I'd be complaining. This day and age we shouldn't have to do any repair until at least 200k.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 10:35pm
[QUOTE=skutsch] Love my Liberty as much as my Suburban, unfortunately it has been retired to a kids car now, but I still get to drive it once in a while. Here it is at about max tow capacity...
{/QUOTE]

Haha, you must have felt that Sport pretty good. My 2011 (with the slightly longer wheelbase, greater weight, and lower gear ratios) tows my Ski Nautique more securely/steadily than my 2006 Liberty did, but you still know it's there for sure.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 5:55am
Originally posted by gR@HaM gR@HaM wrote:

Out-pimped with a Porsche Cayenne Turbo??? Not in a million years!
I officially declare you the absolute Master-P-I-M-P in the tow vehicle category

What an awesome brute, yet elegant car for pulling your boat around

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 6:05am
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Originally posted by gR@HaM gR@HaM wrote:

Out-pimped with a Porsche Cayenne Turbo??? Not in a million years!
I officially declare you the absolute Master-P-I-M-P in the tow vehicle category

What an awesome brute, yet elegant car for pulling your boat around

I think they get more of a European appreciation as we dont tend to have the big trucks over here, I must admit it handles a lot better than I thought (sure air suspension and PDCC helps) and is bloody quick for an SUV!
'82 Ski Tique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 10:20am
I just flipped 82 k on my turd Dodge but hey it's got a fresh rear end and soon to have a new torque converter and hopefully a fluid change on Chryslers dime ha.

So many issues I am really not proud but nothing internal engine wise. Due for a coolant flush this year as well. Hopefully it'll keep ticking along for quite sometime.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

So many issues I am really not proud but nothing internal engine wise.

Not proud? It's a running, driving and boat towing machine which qualifies as a great truck in my book! Heck, I still prefer the 160K+ Durango in my driveway 6 outa 7 days a week.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2015 at 12:21pm
Yeah, just looks bad on my favorite company. I am hoping all the issues were fixed for a while.

Repair List
-Rebuild rear axle
-New AC pump
-leaking rear window
-2 sets of outer tie rod ends
-front wheel bearings at 60k
-blower motor
-Exhaust clamp
-Torque Converter
-Leaking oil pressure sensor
-New front shocks (weren't bad didnt fix the issue)
-Rear trans seal is starting to leak
-Bad rear wheel speed sensor (Sweet because it disabled the stability control)

There is probably more things but this was all before about 65k at 82k now.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1415161718 29>
  Share Topic