NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Last Ski

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Last Ski
    Posted: October-16-2013 at 2:20am
Last ski on my lake yesterday, they begin to draw it down this week and it's already fairly low. There's a chance I'll get a ski in somewhere else, I won't winterize for a few more weeks.

The water is surprisingly warm, wore a shorty wet suit and no problem hanging out in the water and swimming a bit, I expected colder after the cool nights the last few weeks. Glassy calm, nobody else on the water, really fun!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 1:50pm
Looks like fun!   The trees in the background are beautiful, I am sure a couple more weeks and they will be all sorts of great colors. Definitely something I miss about the Midwest... a real fall
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 2:26pm
Got one booked for this weekend with a couple Carolina boys, leaving my boat down there, I'd say odds are that will be my last for 5 months.

Good news is, looks like the rain should tail off by about 10am Saturday so I might not have to pain Larry's house, haha
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 5:01pm
I saw that trip mentioned, your other option is to prove to be such an incredibly bad painter that you'll be offered more on-water time.

Color is very nice here now, but not quite as vibrant as usual. I should be in the boat right now, sunny and 70 degrees out, but work gets in the way.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2013 at 2:41pm
Getting to be that time... dropped 7 degrees in 6 days.

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 4:38pm
Ok Adam lets have the update.......How did the footing go?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2013 at 1:13am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Ok Adam lets have the update.......How did the footing go?

and where are the pics..you know the rules..

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2013 at 1:36am
And here I thought you were going to laugh at us and say down here we never winterize
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2013 at 2:53am
nah...old joke by now...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2013 at 10:52pm
Adam told his,he would probably post before he got back home. Oh, that was last Sunday.

John, The wife and I are looking forward to seeing you at SJRR
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 1:09am
the same back to you Jackie....

now..get on to that son of yours..we need picture proof of his NC weekend.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2013 at 3:50pm
Will do.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2013 at 10:12pm
Made it to a family function at Norris this weekend, got a wake board pull Saturday afternoon, air temp was low 40's water temp upper 60's, Used a dry suit for the first time, wow are those things effective. I will say my feet were numb for a couple of hours!
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2013 at 10:13pm
Took a run today and pulled our course out.

Water was 49 and the air was 52. Not too bad.

Tubing Sucks.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2013 at 10:19pm
Well I winterized the Sport today, so I'm officially done!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2013 at 12:34am
We haven't completely given up here in IA but Zoe and I are on baby watch now so we drained everything in all but one boat.

I finally got some time to take the 01 down to our boat club and clean the bottom which was still pretty nasty from the PO. This had been on my list of things to do all season but never got around to making it happen until now. Thought you guys would like to see some pics!

Last ride on the lake

Downtown Des Moines

Lifting the boat out of the river. I was really surprised at how much water is held in the hull hugger. I tipped the nose up a little to drain the water and it ran out for a solid few minutes. Makes me wonder how it would do if someone used the 'pour in' method and didn't run anti-freeze through the boat.

Chilly 40 degree ride in PicturePat's 84 Tique to warm up the fluids before a change.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2013 at 10:45am
Pour in vs. suck up makes no difference. You can still fill up the risers and exhaust if you have the inlet hose high enough. Besides, the exhaust hoses and muffler are not completely full of water, freezing might not even do any damage there. This could be a contributor to broken baffles though. The ride up the ramp drains most of the exhaust.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2013 at 11:19am
I agree, for not being full of water there still seemed to be quite a bit of volume left from the muffler and hoses. I'd think draining only would certainly put the baffles in jeopardy but might be a good excuse for a Y-pipe.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2013 at 3:56pm
And, no ride up the ramp when you run the boat on the hose to warm up the oil.

I have to agree with Chris, surprised at the amount of water held in the muffler. When winterizing yesterday I drained the block and risers and water filter, then ran 5 gallons of antifreeze through. When I started up the belch of water out of the muffler is surprising, it's momentary but more volume than I would have expected. I feel good seeing the antifreeze come out of the pipe, puts any worries to rest.

Pretty cool having access to that lift!
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2013 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

the same back to you Jackie....

now..get on to that son of yours..we need picture proof of his NC weekend.

john

I know, I know. Just posted here
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2013 at 8:08am
Finally got out yesterday afternoon - a bit breezy but this is what we had to work with. The 206 did a fine job with 3 adults, 3 kids and 3/4 of a tank of fuel.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=nwaggVTm_AI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnwaggVTm_AI%26feature%3Dyoutube_gdata_player
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2013 at 12:43pm
Trying to add a link to connect-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwaggVTm_AI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwaggVTm_AI
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2013 at 7:03pm
very cool. Can't wait to see it, ride in it, get a pull.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2013 at 8:26pm
Jackie,
How about give it a ride then we take a tandem barefoot run? This boat is certainly a pleasure to drive/ski behind.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2013 at 10:58pm
Curious what the air and water temps are down there right now?

I looked up Badin Lake on Google maps. That looks like a really interesting area, lot's of narrow coves to ski in, are you able to take the boat up and down river from there to the other lakes?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 5:51am
Gary,
Today's temp's were air ~68 and water was 66. The wind however made it feel cooler. But having grown up in Maine it is nice skiing until Thanksgiving time without a dry suit / wetsuit.

Unfortunately we cannot travel from lake to lake as each are damned up. But many offer good coves for skiing, you just need to search them out.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
DFoster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFoster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2013 at 1:51am
This is not our last ski, but thought I should post some pics from our Halloween ski.

The Darth Vader mask wasn't bad from a visibility point of view, but the cape was strangling me... but still was a great ride.

And we got some surfing in too!

Water temp was 57... air temp had reached over 45 and sunny so not that bad.
Proud owner of my first Nautique! A 2004 SV-211. Always looking for "extra ballst" for wakeboarding or surfing ;-)
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2013 at 11:51am

That's freaking Great!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2013 at 7:31pm
Wow Doug, that looks like fun! Needless to say you aren't having to fight anyone for space on the water. I wish I could keep skiing up here later in the season.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2013 at 12:52pm
Hopefully not my last run. I finally decided I better try out my now/old dry suit I picked up off of here a month or two ago before it got too terribly cold. Very comfy. Nice having the lake to myself yesterday. Now,looking forward to a very extended season this year. Maybe even work on that LLBD with the advantage of the suit that Steve experienced.

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic