NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

89-92 Sport Nautique WFO wake pics wanted

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 89-92 Sport Nautique WFO wake pics wanted
    Posted: October-03-2013 at 6:21pm
Several CCFs including myself have had a long standing conjecture this hull would produce a near Barefoot table with near Ski Nautique drivability.

Anyone out there can help us out? I'd sure love to drive and ski one.

The hull looks very much like Sanger's delta pad.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2013 at 7:12pm
Bump... also interested.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2013 at 1:14am
what is WFO?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2013 at 1:29am
WIDE F#@^ing OPEN
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2013 at 9:12am
I am glad you cleared that up, because I thought it must be a model I had been unaware of . When I pulled Larry on the boom a few weeks ago, I began to see why footers spend a lot time WFO.
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
rogier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2013 at 9:25am
I found the only (!) picture I have at WOT with my old boat. Not that good, but at least you have an idea. It's at about 45-50 mph with 5 adults in the boat, no weight. PM me with your email address, I don't know how to post and it has people on it. Not sure if they want to be on the internet.

Unweighted: The wake on WOT is very comparable to a 1992 ski nautique that we used here as well. My old 1992 sport did produce a significantly higher wake on wakeboard speeds.

Weighted: This completely changes the game, a weighted sport 1992 has WOT the same wake as my new boat, a weighted SAN hull model 1996-2006. At wakeboard speeds, the wake of the 1992 or the SAN are almost the same. The downside of the 1992 sport is that if you stop, the wake rolls over the stern into the boat. Can be fun as well if there are people in the back that do not want to get wet ;)
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 12:09pm
I think we're more interested in the table than the wake itself- the hull shape doesnt have much in common with the Ski Nautique and does look to have a semi-vee like some of the more revered barefoot inboards (Sanger, Malibu, etc). PM sent!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 3:08pm
you think a sport can get to the 45-50 mph?
need proof!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 3:22pm
Actually Tim I've been developing a new discipline, wakeboard racing. Waiting on sanctioning to come through from USA Waterski. This could be our first approved towboat.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 3:22pm
Im sure it can attain similar top end as a NWZ with a comparable motor... 42-44 with the 240hp and 46-48 with the Pro Boss (92+).
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 4:43pm
HW I think you should stay the course with the tubing,Pete has got to retire one of these days,unless you think Quinner is the next threat Now that we got the new boat I just might be a contender too
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Actually Tim I've been developing a new discipline, wakeboard racing. Waiting on sanctioning to come through from USA Waterski. This could be our first approved towboat.

Now you are on to something!!
Js
rogier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

you think a sport can get to the 45-50 mph?
need proof!

Sold the boat, so can't proof it anymore, but 45 was regular top speed, 50 with the high pitch prop. Unweighting it actually did not do that much for the speed, it just got there faster.

Loved it, just wanted more space to accommodate my dual fuel options and weight sacks.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 12:01pm
Rogier, thanks again for the pics... unfortunately, they do not show the table, which is what we're primarily looking for. So we're still looking for pics!

45 is probably a bit optimistic if you had the 240hp engine, but it probably could be explained by a slightly inaccurate speedo. 50mph just isnt going to happen with that hull and engine combo... magical prop or not.    If you had a 92 with the Proboss, then 47ish was probably doable.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 4:29pm
Suppose Davinater still has this rig?

oznautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oznautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 7:55pm
I will have my 92 sport out this weekend weather permitting for its first run of our season. I will take some pics of the wake and table at WOT for you guys.

Cheers Brent.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 11:31pm
Good Guy Brent

disclaimer: this is not a picture of Brent. It is good guy Greg; an internet meme.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 1:14pm
Awesome Brent! Any and all pictures in the 38-45mph range would be awesome... wake, table, rooster, etc.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 1:19pm
Speaking of rooster, I believe on many Sangers their is a plate installed aft of the rudder. I remember seeing them, but I don't remember if it is fastened to the bottom of the hull or the bottom of the transom. I think this is done to knock the rooster down or somehow disperse it. Is that the case? If so does it also impact the table? Would something like that have a similar effect on the correct craft rooster and table?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 1:36pm
I cant speak to any Sanger plate but what youre describing sounds similar to the Scarpa plate that Malibu was installing on their barefoot boats. Eddie has something similar on his Barefoot Skier, which I assume is original. The plate is manually adjustable, I think the idea is to essentially add a little bit of hook to the back of the hull (tab just slightly angled down) which does 2 things: 1)generates lift in the back of the boat/pushes the nose down, making the wake slightly smaller and 2)knocks the prop wash down slightly and creates a small hole in the water, which reshapes the rooster and lessens the turbulence behind the boat (by reducing the wake within the wake caused by the defined rooster). It may also soften the wake's definition.

Its function is not unlike the hydrogate, as far as I can tell.

Adding a plate like that to a CC with the padded keel would be tough, as the plate would need to be shaped to match the hull's running surface- or it would have to be pretty narrow to match the flat portion of the padded keel. Sangers and Malibus have a much wider flat portion in the middle of the hull, making the addition of a wide, flat plate fairly straightforward.

HW and I are thinking that the 1st gen Sport hull has features that mimic the Sangers and Malibus that are known to be pretty good barefoot boats.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 1:42pm
I have always been curious what a hydro gate made to slightly flatten the running surface on the back of a 2001 hull would do with the huge bump. I would consider giving it a try on my boat because heck it's already had the back blown off in a running gear collision ha.

Any slight alteration to the rear running surface of a tournament boat really does make a big difference even at low speeds like NSS.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

I have always been curious what a hydro gate made to slightly flatten the running surface on the back of a 2001 hull would do with the huge bump. I would consider giving it a try on my boat because heck it's already had the back blown off in a running gear collision ha.

Read up on what SkiBum did on his '87. I recall he added a bit of hook to the trailing edge of the running surface and it really changed the slalom wake.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 1:55pm
Tim - I think I understand the "padded keel" concept, or rather checking for understanding, is that a description of the bottom of the BFN?

That flat portion in the middle of the hull appears to be present on the early model Sports, so that must be the similarity you are referring to? (see picture)

Of course maybe that flat spot is even larger on the Malibu's and Sangers. BTW. So you could potentially make a similar modification on the Sport Hull.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 2:00pm
Eddies plate is not specific to his boat being a Barefoot model, all those Advance hulls had them.

MasterCraft "barefoot" 197 plate

Malibu's Scapra Suppression Plate (SSP) on the "Barefoot" Response. This is the "slower" hull. I would like to know if anyone has added this plate to the Echelon/Sporster hull (also first year Response '97).

Andy's boat. "Barefoot" Sanger DXII

Nearly all the wake boats have some sort of similar plate now as well.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 2:00pm
Steve, no- the "padded keel" was a feature on the Ski Nautique hull starting with the 2001, and is largely still in place today on the 200. It is the \_/ addition (to the center of the running surface that keeps it from being a perfect flat bottom (like the '81 and earlier SN's, etc).

The BFN hull is a deep vee.

Check out this (outboard) Barefoot Sanger... note the similarity to the Sport.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 2:03pm
O/b hull flat spot is much wider
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 2:09pm
Eddie's boat
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 2:12pm
A plate would fit nicely on a 1GN sport.

The table is still not bad on the Sangers without a plate. Maybe Andy has good before pictures.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 2:20pm
Sportster:
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 3:26pm
A lot if this has been done already 10 years ago @BFC. But, they never did the 1GN Sport (rightfully so, it's too slow in stock form).

Also, we have the Competition Barefoot Boats, Non CC thread Andy made in the spring where I already postulated on the 1GN Sport's barefooting potential. Reality is, it's been in my head for years. Sorry to wait until October to ask for table pictures Mike!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic