Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Medicine Bay Boatworks

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medicine Bay Boatworks
    Posted: September-03-2013 at 12:53am
The mystery of the "Brainard's Medicine Bay Boatworks" shirts was solved at last over the Labor Day weekend. Pete can finally stop his search for the source of the shirts produced in his honor. (Quinner, Alan and Reid are off the hook)

A group of about 20 t-shirt clad friends gathered in the Brady boathouse and gave Pete a wall to wall surprise view of the shirts. He and his wife went home wearing shirts their own.

Thanks to everyone at Green Lake who helped set up the presentation!
The world is full of youth—what we need is a fountain of smart!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 1:19pm

Glad that mystery was FINALLY solved....now we need to get Pete a long sleeve , embroidered T !
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by LaurelLakeSkier LaurelLakeSkier wrote:

Thanks to everyone at Green Lake who helped set up the presentation!

That was the easy part....just wished we could have seen the blank look on Pete's face when he saw pics of "everyone" sporting the T-shirt...
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 3:00pm
Does it come in a Turtle Neck with a front pocket for pens and tools?
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Does it come in a Turtle Neck with a front pocket for pens and tools?

and a slide rule?
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 8:00pm
Yup, It sure was a surprise! One thing I did forget, was to get a picture for J Bear - Me wearing the T shirt over my long sleeve monogrammed shirt. Sorry but it was warm enough that no turtle neck was needed Saturday evening!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by LaurelLakeSkier LaurelLakeSkier wrote:

Left to right:
Mark (LLS), Me (8122pbrainard), Chalie (Brady) and Tom Rietz - not a CCfan member. BTWm I've told him for years to join the CCfan group since he is a 2001 CC owner!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

just wished we could have seen the blank look on Pete's face when he saw pics of "everyone" sporting the T-shirt..

Tim,
I hope more pictures will be posted. Yes, I walked up the stairs to the second story of the boat house, saw all the T's and am sure I had a real interesting expression on my face!! I still can't believe the 3 pulled one over on me for almost 2 years! Mark wanted to make it happen at last years GL reunion but it got complicated. Better later than never and It is sure a good feeling for friends to do something like this. Yup, the CCfan family!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

....just wished we could have seen the blank look on Pete's face when he saw pics of "everyone" sporting the T-shirt...

I do hope we can get access to a picture of Pete as he got to the top of the stairs. I wouldn't say he had a blank look on his face but the wheels were certainly spinning as he tried to figure out what was going on for a few seconds.

....and this time people didn't have to take turns with one shirt — there were plenty to go around. The Green Lake photos were quite convincing though!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 1:58am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

One thing I did forget, was to get a picture for J Bear - Me wearing the T shirt over my long sleeve monogrammed shirt.

Picture? Forget the picture...where do I get 1 of these shirts? Gotta be the first in Florida to sport a Brainard Boatworks shirt.

Will hang right next to my PLBC shirt.....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 10:10am
A few additional photos from Saturday night's "shirt surprise" in Charlie's boathouse.

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 12:29pm
[/QUOTE]
....and this time people didn't have to take turns with one shirt — there were plenty to go around. The Green Lake photos were quite convincing though![/QUOTE]

Mark,
That was truly a great idea and pulled off well, and what fun too. I guess you'd already told Pete that we just had the "one" shirt at Green Lake, and that in itself was a creative blast. After just once or twice telling as many people as I could what we were up to, it just took Tim and his camera and a lot of very willing and convincing actors to "act" as natural as possible.   My favorite was Paul's daughter Brooke with the shirt tied up at the waste, but now just looking back I was reminded that I had my shirt pulled up too and with a delicious Wisc spicy beef stick stuck in my back pocket, which I'd forgotten about at the time. The guys were having a great time with that though.    

When we gather up at GL again, I'm pretty sure Pete won't miss out, heh Pete?

Oh, and the Brady boat house shown above.   As Pete and Mark can recall, Laurie and I wisely made our way up to their their lake after leaving GL two years ago for a 2-day visit, and aside from the incredible hospitality bestowed upon us, the next best memory we both cherish is visiting that special boat house. It is truly one of the most magical buildings/rooms I've ever been in. Upstairs, above the boats in this large boathouse is a gorgeous natural wood-finished menagerie of family and lake-fun times past. The history of how it got there and the stories the decorated walls tell had me in awe. If anyone gets a chance, definitely pay Pete, Mark, Charlie and the boat house a visit.      
ReidP
1973 Mustang

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

It is truly one of the most magical buildings/rooms I've ever been in. Upstairs, above the boats in this large boathouse is a gorgeous natural wood-finished menagerie of family and lake-fun times past. The history of how it got there and the stories the decorated walls tell had me in awe. If anyone gets a chance, definitely pay Pete, Mark, Charlie and the boat house a visit.      

"If those walls could talk" ....

Pam and I were there a couple years ago and Reid is right, like walking back in time.

From what I hear about some of the wall décor, lets just say you might not want to post many pics of it on the internet. I see probable cause for a search warrant.   

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

From what I hear about some of the wall décor, lets just say you might not want to post many pics of it on the internet. I see probable cause for a search warrant.   

And to think way back, I was involved with some of that "decor"!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 8:02pm
We had a great time with our little caper, Tom Rietz came up with a wonderful design, and I think Pete was truly surprised. As for the boathouse decor, I like to think of the place as a museum, and my friends and I and our kids as curators.
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 1:24am
.....one last group of photos that made their way to me.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic