Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

trailer axle

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ttripp2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttripp2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trailer axle
    Posted: August-07-2006 at 9:59pm
Art,

Thanks for your reply. I have some measurements. They are:

distance from back of brake plates is: 81 1/2" distance between the outside edge of the spring perch is: 76 3/4" inches.

At this time my trailor is 30 miles away. So I do not have the size of stock the axle is made of. However, I hope to get it back either tomorrow or the next day. Looking to here from you.

Thanks again
Tom
ArtC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2006 at 1:35pm
I think I have one. I will need you to send me some measurements of the old axle: Overall length and/or distance between brake plates, distance center-to-center of the spring perches, size of stock the axle is made of.
Art
Art

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttripp2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2006 at 11:42am
Thanks for the info will start to look local.

Tom
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2006 at 7:53am
I would definetly say look local. Shipping is going to double the price.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2006 at 7:47pm
I had to replace the axle under my '83 SN2001. I went to a local trialer manufacturer who builds heavy duty low-bead construction trailers and had them measure and order me a replacement. I scored very well with a replacement axle for $300 including new wheels/tires and the best part was it was delivered 3 days later!
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttripp2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2006 at 11:56am
Thanks for the other wedsites. I will start to inquire this week. Thanks again.

Tom
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 10:16am
heres a couple more

http://www.trailerpartsdepot.com/index.asp?url=IND

http://shop.easternmarine.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttripp2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 8:48am
Bob,

Thanks, will give them a try.

Tom
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 3:39pm
Check Northern tool. They have a lot of trailer stuff and may even have a store near you.
Northern tool
Bob Ed
83 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttripp2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2006 at 5:34pm
Hi,
I have a 1993 Ski Nautique and need to replace the axle on my trailer. The trailer is a correct craft single axle original to the boat. Over all it is in great shape however, after several failed attempts to fix the right side wheel hub from over heating. new hub, barring, brakes etc nothing works. The original owner lost the right side tire and hub on the PA. turnpike which could have bent the axle just enough for it to cause it to heat up.

So after spending a lot of money and time I just want to put a new axle on the trailer. Please let me know where one may be found.

Thanks

Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic