Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1973 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
heinemeyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinemeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1973 Ski Nautique
    Posted: July-12-2013 at 4:20pm
Hi,

New to the forum. Thought I would post pictures of the boat. 1973 Ski Nautique (although has 1974 stripes think it is a late 1973). Boat was from CA now in ME as the summer boat.

Going to look at a 1978 Ski Nautique this weekend so may have some pictures of that coming soon.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 4:36pm
Wow, looks really clean. Tell us the story...owned it for a while? New to you? How many hours? How are the stringers?

And welcome to the site!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 7:57pm
Thats a good looking boat!
83Ski
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 8:43pm
Does look nice,looks like it was well taken care of all those years. Just think of the stories it could tell,starts in Florida goes to California and ends up in Maine.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 11:24pm
Beautiful
heinemeyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinemeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 11:59pm
Thanks! The story behind the boat: It was stored in a garage in CA from what I know 6years. The guy finally decided to sell its, so my father and I got it in 2006. started by rebuilding the 351 and velvet drive. Then we made new shelves in the boat and glassed those in. The stringers were very solid so nothing major had to be done. The upholstery was fine so we left that. Painted the whole inside, added all new carpet. As for the outside the hull was in good shape, re-sprayed the letters and buffed out the hull and added a new rub rail.

Once the boat was done we towed it from CA to ME. Now we live in FL not CA as of 5 years ago. The pictures are from the first year we got it to ME. But looks the same only gets used for 2-3 weeks every year.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2013 at 3:14am
1973?!? who would mess with something that old?

Nice looking boat!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2013 at 10:46am
Very nice boat!!
Loud pipes save lives!!

2011 Green Lake Reunion Best of Show.

Sam's 73
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2013 at 11:01am
Classic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic