Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New England CorrectCraftfan.com Reunion!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 22>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 9:47am
Ken,
I didn't realize Lake Cochituate was your 'home lake'. I actually work in Framingham. We should try to work out a regular lunch time ski this summer.

If possible, I'd rather work on one date to get the greatest attendance. Like the Green Lake reunion, if we have a critical mass of people and/or boats, we can get interest from sponsors and make it a really cool event with giveaways, demo boats, etc. However, if that doesn't work out, we could do two smaller events.

My only issue with Lake Cochituate SP is weekend traffic. I know that's an issue at most lakes in NE but if we could find a place that's a little more out of the way and on a little bigger lake, we would have less compet*tion for space in the parking lot, on the lake and at the BBQ pits.

What I would like to do is contact the State Parks offices for ME, NH, VT, and/or CT (a difficult thing to do this time of year) to see if they have a recommended state park on a lake that could accommodate us and then reserve their 'group facility'.

May be we could split up the states (each take one) and try to some info and then report back to the group?

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 9:59am
Joe,

A little of topic, but since seeing your posts, I've meant to comment. I'm originally from central ny. During the summer of 1975 (ok I realize it was the year before you were born)when I was in college, I worked for a summer stock theater company at the Springside Inn Dinner theater in Auburn. Lot of fun. The owner even took us all over to his lakeside home once for some water skiing. No one else could do much so they were infinitely impressed when I took a lap with my girlfriend on my shoulders.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 10:13am
Keith,

Point well taken. Although the past couple of years, the traffic has let up a little. As long as your there by 11:00AM on a weekend, you're all set.

So, this brings us to travel commitment. NH/ME boarder isn't unreasonable. Joe has the longest drive of us all. Keith, have you ever gone to Indian Lake in Worcester or Webster Lake in Webster? On the flip side, the lake in Milton, NH looks decent. I'll check it out this weekend. Craig recommended it. Plus, it's by NECC so a two day event would be perfect. This would be our greatest opportunity for vendors or special guests to attend. You're right, if we're going to do it, let's aim high. A hotel will probably be $89.00-$99.00 in NH.

Yes Keith, let's get together for some skiing this summer. I keep my boat in Natick.

Let's keep the ideas flowing!

Ken
mgswed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgswed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 11:04am
Ken,

I live on Indian Lake in Worcester. Ski and Board all summer long on it.

My father actually worked at the Natick Army Labs up until this year (retired now).

Matt
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 11:24am
    My camp is about three miles south of the Springside Inn. Owasco lake is still not exactly a skiing mecca. My cousins tell me there was an active club at one point, all I know is the jump and the course were removed about two years after I learned to ski about(83-84) and there hasn't been much of a serious skiing scene present since then. That is also about the time my friend Dave Bowen finished work on his ski pond over in weedsport about 6 miles away, if I ever feel the need to tackle a course thats where I will head. You can still have a very good time during the week and on mornings and weekends on Owasco though, every now and then I have to leave the skiboat home and pull out the catamaran if its too windy. Its a great life when the water isn't solid.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 1:30pm
Hey guys,
Just checking in on some of the latest info that's being posted.
Keith's got it right - weekend traffic is the norm on almost any lake being talked about (Thats why mine sits on the trailer so much!).
Just wanted to let ya know I've used Wallum Lake quite a bit. Very nice lake, pretty good sized State Park Area (Beach, Picnic tables, etc.) But, again, very crowded on weekends (I used to hit it after work during the week).
I believe that they close down the ramp/trailer parking after a certain number (might be around 20-25?) and then you need to wait in line to get into the park until someone leaves. The in-water parking might also be a problem because I think you can only pull up at a limited area. Just wanted to let ya know about this one. But keep em coming, I'm adding to my list of lakes to check out!
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 1:42pm
One other thing I just thought about -
Quite a few years ago I went to see a barefoot tournement at an "army corp of engineers dam site" somewhere over in the Webster Lake area.
If I remember right it had a large grassy area and the boats could pull up to it. I don't know if this has public access or not.
Anyone know about this area???
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 3:06pm
Matt,

That's great that you live on a lake. How is Indian Lake? Easy to launch? Beach?

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 3:22pm
Ok, many responses across the mighty CCF thread. Here's my vote:

Two-day, big reunion involving one full day in the water, beach, skiing, BBQ, etc. One full day to team up with New England Correct Craft and have a land event. I won't be able to get specifics on Correct Craft's involvement until I get a commitment count and location. The land event is probably when Keith and I can get the vendors involved. I'll work on getting hotel rates for Southern NH (Milton). Any other location much further that that, we'll lose an opportunity with NECC. In the meantime, jump on mapquest to judge your distance to Milton, NH. I'll also call the town to get more details on that park.

Ken
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 6:17pm
    We are on Mousam Lake in Shapleigh, next town over from Sanford Maine. Milton N.H. is the next 2 towns over. I know that Mousam can get busy at the public launch, but the local marina has a ramp w/parking for at least 50 I would say. The lake also has a public beach area owned by the Mousam Lake Region Association where my neighbor is the VP. I might be able to see what the marina will do as well as possibly using the beach and roping it off to swimmers. They hold yearly fishing derbys there as well and can hold quite a few boats. There is also a store right there. Its also close for NECC. I can investigate if anyone is interested. Distance wise isnt too bad because the lake is 50% Mass people Id say. My neighbor lives in Melrose Mass. and comes up every weekend (he is the VP). Its also VERY EASY for everone to find. Hop off   you run into the lake. Keith is also familiar where he goes to Limerick Maine.
    I am not too picky on where we do it, I just want to put these boats in the water and get my feet wet while shooting the breeze. If theres any interest, Im willing to do some research 4 ya guys. At any note, anyplace, in a reasonable distance, Im there!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 6:19pm
   Also a good idea to see what NECC has to say before we go too far!!!!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 8:54pm
Jeff,
If you don't mind, please check with the marina and your friend. That is the kind of 'connection' we need. Mousam is a great lake and close to NECC. I plan to talk to NECC this week.

Thanks,
-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 8:58pm
    No prob Keith! I will see them this weekend and let ya know!
mgswed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgswed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2006 at 9:40am
Ken,

Indian lake is not a bad lake. Its not that big, about a half a mile long by quarter mile wide. 3.1 miles circumference. The launch is located at Morgan Park. Ive never had a problem launching the boat. Traffic on the lake hasnt been bad in the last couple of years. In the past theyve held hydroplane races and jetski races on the lake at shore park which has facilties, a beach, plenty of parking.

MG
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2006 at 10:42am
Matt,

Thanks for the information. I'll check it out this summer. Any hidden rocks or shallow spots to worry about?

Ken
mgswed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgswed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2006 at 8:31pm
Ken,

The only place to stay away from is the cove by the launch. Its shallow in there but navigable. After you launch go to the main body of water. Everything out there is fine (i stay about 100 feet from shore).

Matt
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2006 at 8:57pm
It's really great to see another group of members excited about putting together a another regional reunion! We are all stoked about our midwest event...wish you all the best with yours!!!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 10:29am
Keith,

Let me know when you speak to Craig. Are you going to the boat show in Boston? NECC is there every year. They've got the nicest display in my opinion.

I'll be in NH tomorrow. I'm going to see if I can check out the two lakes in question.

Hey Stang - Make sure you guys take plenty of pictures of your reunion as we will too.

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 12:37pm
Ken, Are you going to the boat show? Do you know when?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 12:54pm
Yes, I'll be there. My cousin and I are trying to decide a date and time. Who about you?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 1:16pm
Hope to make it up. My schedule is pretty flexible as it is a no school week. But I am out of town monday and tuesday, so it won't be either of those.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 1:30pm
I will more than likely be at the boat show next weekend. Keep me posted.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 1:37pm
Next weekend 18/19 or next weekend 25/26?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 1:56pm
Next weekend 25/26
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 5:21pm
This was the best site I could find on Mousam Lake in S. Maine. Looks like a huge lake. This is a lake that Keith suggested.

http://mousamlake.org/
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2006 at 1:15pm
Hey guys,I spoke with craig warner the other day and he mentioned this reunion to me,so I thought I'd see what its all about.I too have a place on mousam lake and may be able to attend something in the area.I'll keep checking this post for updates.I'm heading to the boston boat show tomorrow to start getting pumped up for ice out!Jeff,where on the lake are you?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2006 at 2:27pm
Hey Mike,

Glad to see you found us on correctcraftfan.com. We're in the process of pulling this reunion together. Keith, the founder of this site is helping too. Mousam Lake is one of our choices. We're also looking at Milton, NH. Craig at NECC will jump in as soon as we lock in the number of people attending, date and location. I want to say that we've gotten closer to the location, now we need an accurate head-count and date. July is a toasty time of year. What can you tell us about Mousam Lake? Decent beach? Can you pull your boat up on the beach? Clean water? BBQ area?

Stay tuned to this site for more info.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2006 at 4:14pm
Dates for our Reunion >

July 8-9? (Sat-Sun)

What do you all think? Feedback?

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2006 at 5:40pm
    Hey 05 210, we are located on the Shapleigh side of the lake about 1000 feet down from the public beach. Mousam Lake is the lake that made national news about the "Hot Dog" lady at the public beach last year. Its a very clean lake, the beach is all sand with a exception for a single rock on one edge. There is a parking lot opposite the beach. They even put in a porta-potty at the beach.
    I will check with my neighbor (VP of the association) and get his input. I know that he would love something like this and would probably tell me to bring everyone over for a cookout!
    I will keep everyone posted.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2006 at 8:05pm
    Well guys, I had dinner with our friends(neighbors)and hate to say it, but I dont think the public beach on Mousam is going to fly easily. The association owns it, but its a public swim area where it might be tough to "block off" to the general public. It would have to go out front of the board, and someone like Keith would have to present it. I know with all the hassles with everyone and the "Hot dog Lady" episode, Im not sure if they want to get involved.
    Thought about combining his place and ours, but there wouldnt be enough room for more than a few boats at the docks, and wouldnt be good for NECC.
    The only thing I have not tried is to see is what the Marina had to offer. Its certainly not going to be a beach, but they do have a 90 foot dock that might hold some. This whole thing depends on how many boats/people are going to attend.
                               Jeff...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 22>
  Share Topic