Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody use a Packless Shaft Seal?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody use a Packless Shaft Seal?
    Posted: February-02-2006 at 8:52am
I've read Keith's reveiw and I'm just curious how many of you guys have made the conversion?......Is it worth the money?......Any installation problems?....Any problems after the install?....Any thoughts on the long term durability?   

Any opinions or first hand knowledge is appreciated . thanks.
Life is Good.
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2006 at 9:39am
I bought my boat last april and found that the previous owner had installed the PSS that Keith reviewed (the depth finder he reviewed too, you think they read this site?). So obviously I can't comment on the install, but I've had no issues with it and it hasn't required any maint.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2006 at 9:46am
money well spent, you have to remove the rudder and have a puller for the coupling and the coupler can be a little hard going back on depending upon the age and condition of your prop shaft. The best time to install is when you service the prop shaft. You have to tee into one of the hoses going to the exhaust manifold or any hose after the raw water pump to cool it other than that it's pretty easy just follow the instructions. It was well worth the 100 bucks I spent on it.
tjackle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 3:43am
I replaced my shaft last spring and I didn't have to remove the rudder. There was enough clearance by the rudder for it to slide by. I wouldn't think you'd need to move the shaft more than a few inches. Is that right or am I misinformed?
78 Nautique

If you're going to do it...
Do it in a boat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic