Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Guy

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MY70/81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MY70/81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Guy
    Posted: January-31-2006 at 12:31pm
Hello to all, I have been reading most everything on this site for the last few months and decided to introduce myself. I am sure it will take some time to get used to writing here but I will get the hang of it. I currently own two Classic Ski Nautiques, a 1970 model which I have not seen the likes of on this site as of yet, and a newly purchased 1981 that is in pretty nice condition. As for the 1970, I originally purchased it in Vernon Florida in 1986 and I have done much work on it since then. Both boats are on Lake Pleasant in beautiful Speculator NY, I have had a camp there along with two generations of my family since 1958. I am a do it yourself kind of guy, and have learned several things about these fine boats just from reading here. I love and work on anything with a Engine, my other interests include Classic Musclecars, Older Motorcycles, and New Snowmobiles. It appears there is a wealth of knowledge here for the asking, and I look forward to sharing whatever I can contribute.

Kerry
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2006 at 1:05pm
Welcome to the Correct Craft community, Kerry. This site has a wealth of information about Correct Crafts. I used to own a 1980 Nautique for seven years. I now own the 1986 featured on the website. This site was extremely helpful last summer when I needed help troubleshooting my engine problems. Welcome aboard.

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2006 at 1:25pm
Welcome Kerry,

Glad you finally decided to speak up. Speculator...not to far from my original CC stomping grounds in the 70s. Forestport NY. We would like to see your boats. Have you submitted to the diaries yet.

Larry
SMay81SN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMay81SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2006 at 1:47pm
Welcome and Howdy Kerry,

Glad you joined the site! It always nice to read, learn and maybe give help & receive some from others on the site about our wonderful Nautiques. It took me awhile as well to start posting, but these guys are all great! My family and I have enjoyed our 81 for 19 years. We are hoping on upgrading to a newer larger Nautique this spring or summer.
Again welcome and lets see some pics of those boats!
Scott
Scott
Our 94 SN
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2006 at 1:58pm
Welcome. Looking forward to the photos of your
boat. BKH
Livin' the Dream

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2006 at 2:13pm
Hey Kerry,
What model is your 1970? I might want to compare some notes with you.
Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2006 at 8:43pm
Kerry; Great to have you here. I am also the proud owner of an 80. Love it, loud and fast.

If you have any tech questions, just ask for "79". We all love him.

Post some pics quick. We are all nosy here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Dominique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dominique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 4:30pm
Howdy Kerry, my name is Matt and I live on Lake Groton, which is a small mountain lake just one state over in Vt. We share a lot of the same interests with engines{I am a master auto tech}.Make sure you put some pics of your boats in the diaries. I have owned a 1988 Dominique 454 for going on ten years.One boat,two wives.Let me know if I can help, or exchange notes. Keep the North alive!
                                Matt
Dominique "Nobody's Business"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 8:01pm
Dom; Sorry to be nosy but I gotta know, how do ya get 2 wives to share 1 boat? Lots of guys on here have multiple boats, which must be hard to afford but mulitple wives must be even harder to aford.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Dominique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dominique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 9:21pm
jbear, Apparently getting rid of me, was worth a beautiful boat.{there are a few good lawyers},my Dominique has been my best investment!!
               Waiting for the ice to leave, Matt
Dominique "Nobody's Business"
MY70/81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MY70/81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2006 at 12:24pm
Wow, 9 responses in a short time. My 70 was a bit of an experiment being that I didn't know much about Boats when I purchased it. Many problem areas that were half as--- prior to my purchase, pretty solid but still in need of attention, (read that as Money), I have run it for 20 years on and off. My latest (81)purchase is in Much better condition, and I will take some pictures probably when I dig it out around Memorial Day.

Chuck, my 70 is a Ski Nautique (s/n 1580) according to the Registration. It has a 318 Chrysler that I have become very familiar with, as well as Quality time spent on Foam and Wiring.

Matt, I am not exactly sure where Lake Groton is, I actually live in Plattsburgh which is not far from Burlington. I also am ASE / Chrysler Master Tech, although I am currently working as an A&P Mechanic / Planner for Pratt & Whitney on 747's & 720's. I am kind of reverse from you, I have 2 boats and No Wives.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2006 at 8:14pm
Guys: I have found that 1 boat/ 1wife works real good. 'Specially if she drives as good as Mrs. jbear.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2006 at 8:36pm
Let's see..had a boat.. got a wife. got rid of boat. got rid of wife. got second wife. got new boat . second wife good wife.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2006 at 9:06pm
Alan: Mrs. jbear is my second also, I did lots better too.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic