NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2013,, We're Back

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1314151617 21>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2013 at 7:29pm
OK Pete, that is a little more understandable, but no less disappointing! Sorry I called you Nancy .
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2013 at 6:07pm
Guys,
I appreciate your comments but I have been working Saturdays and even a couple half day Sundays. Until the big push to get all the equipment moved and running in the new building, my work schedule isn't going to change. I was lucky enough to get the week of the 4th off so I can spend some much needed time up north. I need to get the Tique back out on the water for my wife. You all know how important that is!! Last winter (Christmas/New Years) I didn't even make it up north to shut down the house and had to keep the heat on.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2013 at 4:48pm
wussy....

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2013 at 4:38pm
I agree with you Dave,he could ride up Saturday morning he gets up at 4am anyway and be there at 7. Spend sometime at the lake,he can ride in my boat,heck I'd bet Alan might even give him a lift in the Hurricane. Leave by 5 be home at 8
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2013 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Well, if Pete's not going then I'm not coming up either!

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2013 at 4:13pm
Pete, How can we keep Green Lake original without YOU?
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2013 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

? I'm sorry but this year I will miss seeing you. I just can't work the time needed in with my new job.

Pete. They have you working the whole weekend? Sounds a little suspicious.

I cant say it better than this.

Thats right Pete, I just called you Nancy!

1987 Ski Nautique

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2013 at 4:08pm
Well, if Pete's not going then I'm not coming up either!   

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2013 at 4:03pm
Brian,
You must have missed it that about a year ago I was laid off after 21 years on the job. I think you know the routine - Things slow down and the word goes out from the top management to get rid of the upper middle management making the most money!! Luckily I was only down a couple months before I found a new position that fit right in with my skills. It's not easy these days especially when you are over 60!! However, I lost all my vacation time as well as many benefits. Yes, I want to get up north to my new shop but I need a couple more years to build up the finances which BTW you know sure have taken a dump in the recent years!

I will certainly miss everyone at GL.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2013 at 2:27pm
No boat Pete, though we would like to do so again some time. Maybe one day
I'll find the time to put that 82 back togeterh and pull it east.

I will be in Chicago July 29 and 30 Pete. I now have to travel there a minimum of every two months. We'll hook up soon.

I don't know about that new job thing. I think maybe you're just going back to the shopt to re-buff that Atom Skier so you can keep up with Alan's shiny new ride. What's with the new job anyway? I thought you were building out a shop up north for retirement?

Have a good summer Pete.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2013 at 1:44pm
Brain,
I see you are registered again for this year. Fantastic!! You're not pulling the boat again from the west coast are you?? I'm sorry but this year I will miss seeing you. I just can't work the time needed in with my new job. We were never able to coordinate your trips into Chicago and meet for a Chicago beers get together were we? Keep trying by keeping us informed of your travel schedule if any.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2013 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

If I have any retro shirts I don't think I could fit into one

Exactly.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2013 at 12:05am
If I have any retro shirts I don't think I could fit into one
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2013 at 12:29pm
Mojo, the retro shirts sound fun. The best I can do for my 1987 vintage boat is a "St.Elsewhere" scrub top. Nothing else has survived.
1987 Ski Nautique

sunnysmile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnysmile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2013 at 11:07pm
printing china is a good place to know about china and also where you can turn to when encountering some technical printing issues.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2013 at 4:38pm

Zach, bring some of those big chested women.

Lock it up!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2013 at 4:30pm
Bud Man... Dauntless defender of quality
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2013 at 4:21pm
Zach, bring some of those vests meant for big chested women (xs/s) and I'll guarantee you a sale.

Lock it up!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2013 at 3:07pm
Working on it MOJO.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2013 at 1:22pm
OK,        TIME TO GET YOUR GROOVE ON

Thought to do something fun for the whole family this year during the boat show, and in lieu of the fact that the majority of the boats displayed are from the 60' and 70's, We gonna get funky !!!!

On Friday night, we want you to dig out the oldest, coolest, boat or non boat related T-Shirts from the past. These are the ones (and we all have them)in the darkest, deepest areas of our drawers waiting to come out and rise again as they did back in the day.... You younger people, will just have to raid mom and dads closets for some oldie but goodies...

Display them loud and proud as the winner will get a prize worthy of that "Keep on Truck'n" shirt itself that your wife has been trying to get rid of for decades...

Dig, search, find and don't forget to bring it with you. If you have a bunch of them, have the whole family wear them.. It will be fun to see what you come up with....

Can you dig it ??????

Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Haha alright I'll present the idea of leaving on a half day Wednesday with a truck bed full of parts. only other question should I bring the 86 with or leave it behind.

So????????????????????? How'd it work out??
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2013 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Not enough time off from work is my excuse, so unfortunately Green Lake is not to be this year. I am hoping on CT, at least for a day. We're making progress on the Cuda, still shooting for July 1 test ride.

Might be the last.... I'd take up Joe's offer and come out with him for the weekend !!!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by 70CC 70CC wrote:

Cherie and I booked our room at the Green Lake Inn (same place we stayed last year) Be there Friday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing you all.

-Phil

We're there as well Phil. I think we've stayed there twice in 5 previous visits. See you in a few weeks.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 6:14pm
Cherie and I booked our room at the Green Lake Inn (same place we stayed last year) Be there Friday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing you all.

-Phil
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I already tried leaning on Dave, and he gave me gave me some lame excuse about graduating college and having to start working for a living.

Not sure what Bruce and Tom's excuses are though!

That there is just bad planning, a couple years of grad school make a perfect excuse to hold off on the work and spend the summer making a ccfan loop around the country.

plenty of time for that working crap, trust me I have tried it
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 4:18pm
Not enough time off from work is my excuse, so unfortunately Green Lake is not to be this year. I am hoping on CT, at least for a day. We're making progress on the Cuda, still shooting for July 1 test ride.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 3:19pm

I already tried leaning on Dave, and he gave me gave me some lame excuse about graduating college and having to start working for a living.

That there is just bad planning, a couple years of grad school make a perfect excuse to hold off on the work and spend the summer making a ccfan loop around the country.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 3:13pm

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 3:06pm

What I am trying to figure out is how the Hart clan isn’t planning to hop on the east coast caravan pulling a sweet ‘cuda so it can be revealed back where it started its ccfan journey.   

^^^^^ x2
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2013 at 2:54pm

What I am trying to figure out is how the Hart clan isn’t planning to hop on the east coast caravan pulling a sweet ‘cuda so it can be revealed back where it started its ccfan journey.   

True dat. Especially since those Maine boys don't sound that funny when you hear them in Wisconsin.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1314151617 21>
  Share Topic