NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Torino Project (07-05-06 Update)

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Torino Project (07-05-06 Update)
    Posted: December-21-2005 at 5:35pm
Here are some pictures of my Torino project so far. I have also included some brochures - one of which looks exactly like my boat in question minus the glove box and the air scoop directly over the carb. on the engine hatch which I am pretty sure doesnt belong there. I will be eliminating that.

Unfortunately this brochure is not dated.

No date on this side either

Notice all the space in my massive shop?? Oh, I mean my wife's garage!

Here I removed the bilge blower and going to relocate it under one of the air scoops.

Notice the two big holes in the hatch...This is where a large air scoop was over the carb. I am pretty sure this was some kind of after market deal...The holes will be going.

Almost ready to remove gauges, steering and windshield.

Here is a brochure showing a seperator. Notice it has the same hull but my boat doesnt have the same hardware and windshield
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 6:47pm
Awesome boat! Who cares what year it is? Keep on posting those pics for us......john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 8:07pm
Off the subject a bit, but Its a very rare and unique boat! A old friend of my Fathers bought one and it looks exactly like the one in the pic. Its yellow and everything. I never knew until he got it that they even made such a model! VERY RARE! He was/is or already has sold it. Not sure (that was this past summer). Can ask him if anyone is interested and for my own curiosity.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by JEFF KOSTIS JEFF KOSTIS wrote:

Off the subject a bit, but Its a very rare and unique boat! A old friend of my Fathers bought one and it looks exactly like the one in the pic. Its yellow and everything. I never knew until he got it that they even made such a model! VERY RARE! He was/is or already has sold it. Not sure (that was this past summer). Can ask him if anyone is interested and for my own curiosity.

Always interested
Scott
Mercrewser View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercrewser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 9:37pm
C'mon man. I'm trying to talk myself OUT of driving to Florida. You're not helping.
I would love to here the sound that makes when you fire it up! Great boat! C'mon, post an engine pic! You're not going to be able to take that anywhere without people asking you all about it.
1969 Chris Craft Commander SS #39
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2005 at 7:19am
Scott,

Where did you find those torino brochure cuts. They aren't anywhere in our references section are they? I have never seen them (or any Torino brochure info) before.

Terrific boat. I'm jealous. Wish I had the where-with-all to make the trip to florida. Like I mentioned back in this thread someplace, another one sold near me in RI about two years ago. Was advertised on this site, still in the diaries. Don't know where it ended up.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2005 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Mercrewser Mercrewser wrote:

C'mon man. I'm trying to talk myself OUT of driving to Florida. You're not helping.
I would love to here the sound that makes when you fire it up! Great boat! C'mon, post an engine pic! You're not going to be able to take that anywhere without people asking you all about it.

Great time of year to go to Florida Take a few days and come home with a boat...what a vacation that would be.
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2005 at 8:09am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Scott,

Where did you find those torino brochure cuts. They aren't anywhere in our references section are they? I have never seen them (or any Torino brochure info) before.

Terrific boat. I'm jealous. Wish I had the where-with-all to make the trip to florida. Like I mentioned back in this thread someplace, another one sold near me in CT about two years ago. Was advertised on this site, still in the diaries. Don't know where it ended up.

The guy who I bought the boat from had the brochures. I'd like to see them go in the reference section.
Scott
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2005 at 8:18am
Scott,

Not that the seller necessarily had the brochure for the year boat he had, but did you happen to notice the only brochure that matches the cuts you have (the purple sun thing with the yellow rays around it) is the 1968 brochure. Just thought I'd throw that into the mix to further complicate matters.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2005 at 9:20am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Scott,

Not that the seller necessarily had the brochure for the year boat he had, but did you happen to notice the only brochure that matches the cuts you have (the purple sun thing with the yellow rays around it) is the 1968 brochure. Just thought I'd throw that into the mix to further complicate matters.

I did not know that was a 68 brochure. The brochure shows a glove box in the dash. My boat doesn't have the box. I would have thought that feature would have been added in a newer model...but it was actually removed from a standard feature. My boat has to be a 1970 or later because of the engine..Thanks for the info.
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2005 at 8:56pm
scott8370; You're right. Its a great time of year for a FLA trip. Come on down. The '80 is ready to drop in the Chain Of Lakes and my Harley is ready and waiting to be riden. No putting away the toys down here!....john
"Loud pipes save lives"

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2005 at 7:54am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

scott8370; You're right. Its a great time of year for a FLA trip. Come on down. The '80 is ready to drop in the Chain Of Lakes and my Harley is ready and waiting to be riden. No putting away the toys down here!....john

I hate Ohio winters..I lived in Fl from 1987-97. Indian Rocks Beach to be exact, near Clearwater. My brother lives near Tampa, and we plan on going down for a visit..Where and when is that Fl reunion you were talking about?...I think that was you
Scott
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2005 at 1:23pm
Damn scott....... I want one!!! Cant wait for the finished prod. maybee you could make it to green lake with that bad boy? that would kick ass!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercrewser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2006 at 8:18pm
My brother in law is going to Ft Lauderdale on Wednesday and says he doesnt mind dragging something home with him. It's the least he can do, afterall, he owns an X-star. We'll see what happens. I'm gonna call on Monday.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2006 at 9:07pm

My brother in law is going to Ft Lauderdale on Wednesday and says he doesnt mind dragging something home with him. It's the least he can do, afterall, he owns an X-star. We'll see what happens. I'm gonna call on Monday.

Doooo it...dooo it...Then let me know!
Scott
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercrewser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2006 at 10:15pm
Forgot to ask, how much would you offer based on the advertisement? Did anyone ever call them? I'm calling on Monday. I'm a little nervous about doing this. How fast do these boats go?
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2006 at 8:32am

Forgot to ask, how much would you offer based on the advertisement? Did anyone ever call them? I'm calling on Monday. I'm a little nervous about doing this. How fast do these boats go?

Asking price depends on condition and how much work you can do yourself.I would offer 1500-1900.00 if it has all or most parts attached and good engine. Why don't you call first and get as many details as you can. Most boats are very basic and easy to rework.Trailer cond. is also important (1200 mile drive). When I bought mine I called the guy 3-4 times and he sent me about 45 pictures...Hope it works out!...Someone said they can go 50-60mph...I don't know for sure.
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2006 at 8:58am
Mercrewser
I just checked out that add again...It for sure needs interior and fiberglass work.I'm sure your brother in law knows what to look for...I would not offer more than 1500.00 to start...Could be a great boat after alot of work.
Scott
clrlaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clrlaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2006 at 11:02am
What motor do have in that baby
?I know these two brothers that have a spoiler the same color as yours they live in the toledo,ohio area.I noticed that you pipes are above water just like thiers.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2006 at 11:54am
Originally posted by clrlaker clrlaker wrote:

What motor do have in that baby
?I know these two brothers that have a spoiler the same color as yours they live in the toledo,ohio area.I noticed that you pipes are above water just like thiers.

Holman Moody 351w....are they selling it?
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 6:18pm
Here are a few more photos of the project. Boat is painted but I am going to wait until I put it back together before posting anymore pictures.

The deck primed

As you can see, the boat has been completely stripped down. Every last nick and scratch has been repaired. The entire hull and deck have been cleaned then sanded...then sanded some more and primed with Algrip 545. Then hand sanded some more.
Scott
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 7:15pm
after you primed and sanded and sanded,what kind of paint do you use?i just picked up a 1970 correct craft swinger,hull is the same as yours,but not a v-drive,it has a direct drive chrysler 225(155hp)im in process of removing floor and repairing stringers,then comes all the gelcoat repair,any info would be appreciated,thanks dan in ohio.
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 7:19pm
Dan; Post some pics!

Did you tell your Dad or Scott how ya found me?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by 93/70 ccpb 93/70 ccpb wrote:

after you primed and sanded and sanded,what kind of paint do you use?i just picked up a 1970 correct craft swinger,hull is the same as yours,but not a v-drive,it has a direct drive chrysler 225(155hp)im in process of removing floor and repairing stringers,then comes all the gelcoat repair,any info would be appreciated,thanks dan in ohio.

If your repairing the gelcoat thats one thing. If your painting...Imron. or a good Urathane
Where in Ohio do you live?
Scott

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 7:56pm
streetsboro, between akron and cleveland .close to kent state university,im in no hurry on this project,i have a 93 ski nautique also,
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 7:57pm
Hey, you answer Scott but not me??? Whats up with that???

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 7:58pm
hey jbear i did tell them,will post pics soon when roll is done.no info from anyone on norris trip yet.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by 93/70 ccpb 93/70 ccpb wrote:

hey jbear i did tell them,will post pics soon when roll is done.no info from anyone on norris trip yet.

You lookin for info on Norris or do you mean info from your family?
If ya got questions, maybe I can answer. Would be great to have some of you guys down there again. Your dad would love Bill's new place.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

macdaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 8:30pm
Nice boat Scott
Always too much month left at the end of the money.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2006 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by macdaddy macdaddy wrote:

Nice boat Scott

Thanks.When its finished, its going to look identical to the brochure, except the interior will be green.
Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic