NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Torino Project (07-05-06 Update)

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2005 at 8:18am
Scott,

Not that the seller necessarily had the brochure for the year boat he had, but did you happen to notice the only brochure that matches the cuts you have (the purple sun thing with the yellow rays around it) is the 1968 brochure. Just thought I'd throw that into the mix to further complicate matters.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2005 at 8:09am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Scott,

Where did you find those torino brochure cuts. They aren't anywhere in our references section are they? I have never seen them (or any Torino brochure info) before.

Terrific boat. I'm jealous. Wish I had the where-with-all to make the trip to florida. Like I mentioned back in this thread someplace, another one sold near me in CT about two years ago. Was advertised on this site, still in the diaries. Don't know where it ended up.

The guy who I bought the boat from had the brochures. I'd like to see them go in the reference section.
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2005 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Mercrewser Mercrewser wrote:

C'mon man. I'm trying to talk myself OUT of driving to Florida. You're not helping.
I would love to here the sound that makes when you fire it up! Great boat! C'mon, post an engine pic! You're not going to be able to take that anywhere without people asking you all about it.

Great time of year to go to Florida Take a few days and come home with a boat...what a vacation that would be.
Scott
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2005 at 7:19am
Scott,

Where did you find those torino brochure cuts. They aren't anywhere in our references section are they? I have never seen them (or any Torino brochure info) before.

Terrific boat. I'm jealous. Wish I had the where-with-all to make the trip to florida. Like I mentioned back in this thread someplace, another one sold near me in RI about two years ago. Was advertised on this site, still in the diaries. Don't know where it ended up.
Mercrewser View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercrewser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 9:37pm
C'mon man. I'm trying to talk myself OUT of driving to Florida. You're not helping.
I would love to here the sound that makes when you fire it up! Great boat! C'mon, post an engine pic! You're not going to be able to take that anywhere without people asking you all about it.
1969 Chris Craft Commander SS #39
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by JEFF KOSTIS JEFF KOSTIS wrote:

Off the subject a bit, but Its a very rare and unique boat! A old friend of my Fathers bought one and it looks exactly like the one in the pic. Its yellow and everything. I never knew until he got it that they even made such a model! VERY RARE! He was/is or already has sold it. Not sure (that was this past summer). Can ask him if anyone is interested and for my own curiosity.

Always interested
Scott
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 8:07pm
Off the subject a bit, but Its a very rare and unique boat! A old friend of my Fathers bought one and it looks exactly like the one in the pic. Its yellow and everything. I never knew until he got it that they even made such a model! VERY RARE! He was/is or already has sold it. Not sure (that was this past summer). Can ask him if anyone is interested and for my own curiosity.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 6:47pm
Awesome boat! Who cares what year it is? Keep on posting those pics for us......john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 5:35pm
Here are some pictures of my Torino project so far. I have also included some brochures - one of which looks exactly like my boat in question minus the glove box and the air scoop directly over the carb. on the engine hatch which I am pretty sure doesnt belong there. I will be eliminating that.

Unfortunately this brochure is not dated.

No date on this side either

Notice all the space in my massive shop?? Oh, I mean my wife's garage!

Here I removed the bilge blower and going to relocate it under one of the air scoops.

Notice the two big holes in the hatch...This is where a large air scoop was over the carb. I am pretty sure this was some kind of after market deal...The holes will be going.

Almost ready to remove gauges, steering and windshield.

Here is a brochure showing a seperator. Notice it has the same hull but my boat doesnt have the same hardware and windshield
Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic