NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer Tires, Need Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2012 at 1:40am
My thought would be to find a new tire person.
The tires should match the axle weight.
The axle weight may be stamped on the axle itself. Have a look.
But as far as tires go, you can put on a more ply tire for the heavier weight without a problem. You could put 12 ply tires on that thing as long as you do not overweight the axle or the coupler and you have a 6000 lb coupler. Ask for Carlisle trailer tires or better.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2012 at 1:14am
I have a 2000 pro air on a 1999 Prestige trailer. Single axle. I would ask them, but apparently they've been out of business for some time. Not a great sign.

What load capacity tire should I have on there? They're 225 75R15, and the one's I have (which I replaced all 3 of them this summer already) are rated at 2500#, but I figure I'm probably close to 4500# with the boat on the trailer. Any time I hit a little bump in the road the sides of the tire bow out like crazy, and any time I hit something substantial I have visions of changing them on the side of the highway again.

I talked to the guy at the tire store and he was about worthless, told me I needed to know what kind of tire the trailer was rated for, cause if its C I can't go up to D, and not D to E...whatever. This means nothing to me. The manual was no help. The only intelligible markings on the trailer are these, and I get nothing from them.

I figure I got about 36 hours of road time I'm going to be doing with this trailer in the next month, and the last thing I want is to be on my way to Tim's, changing a tire, listening to "I told you you were going too fast"

Somebody with a similar trailer or boat help me out. And yes, I know, the obvious answer is to upgrade to a tandem axle. That's not happening before next weekend.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic